It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress and all federal workers just got a pay raise....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
While the rest of us peons can go and jump off the fiscal cliff, Obama went ahead and signed an executive order giving Harry Reid and the rest of Congress along with all federal workers a pay raise. How do you like them apples?

link

Just to rub it in here is a youtube video showing Harry Reid, the Germany Embassy, and other downtown DC sights. Harry is in apartment N2E on the second floor. Fannie Mae director Franklin Raines is above him in Penthouse 3E.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Ever since learning about EOs or Executive Orders, I've wondered how they are Constitutional. EOs have the force of law and bypass the Congress.

As usual, I check with the Champion of Freedom:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well...if you work for a fortune 500 company you should ask for a pay raise. Nearly every company on Wall St. is doing better than the US government yet they're insisting wages go down and benefits be cut.

Before asking why federal employees are getting a 0.5% pay increase three months from now, you should ask why your employer is raking in (in most cases) amazing profits while cutting your pay and benefits.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think they passed a bill giving themselves automatic raises 15 or 20 years ago so that they didn't have to argue about it in the public eye. They are pretty much immune from any legislation they pass. Like the drug testing legislation they passed many years ago. They gave themselves immunity from it. The most important jobs on the planet and one that requires clear heads and they are not tested. That makes sense to who?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Everything the government does is making sense these days.

/no sarcasm

They want to test the people to see if we will push back or not.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Gee I wonder where you work. Most people are still struggling.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Let them eat cake.
With all the inflation they have caused the value of the money is going down by the day. Do you really think they would ever take a pay cut in any way.

What can we do about it anyway? Our media is run by the very same people. Voters keep putting them back in and then cry about things staying the same.

The progressive mindset has taken over......It reminds me of the story of the ant and the grasshopper if you have not heard this tale look it up. We are the grasshopper and winter is coming and it will be a cold long freeze this year.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Time to push back... What do you suggest?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Before asking why federal employees are getting a 0.5% pay increase three months from now, you should ask why your employer is raking in (in most cases) amazing profits while cutting your pay and benefits.

Federal Employees work for the USA. The USA did not rake in amazing profits in 2012, they LOST 1.6 TRILLION. Instead of any pay increase, every single worthless jackass on their payroll should be fired and then prosecuted for fraud. If I was even remotely as worthless and incompetent as Obama and the rest of the idiots in DC in MY job, I'd be sitting on a corner holding a cardboard sign asking for pocket change because nobody would hire me.

top topics

join