It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webster Shooting: Rochester Woman Bought Weapons for Shooter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

ARRESTED: Woman who purchased firearms for shooter.

Dawn Nguyen was arrested Friday and faces federal charge of knowingly making a false statement for signing a form indicating she would be the legal owner of the gun she allegedly purchased for William Spengler, who murdered two firefighters during a shooting spree in Webster, N.Y.

The woman, Dawn Nguyen of Rochester, was arrested Friday and faces a federal charge of knowingly making a false statement for signing a form indicating she would be the legal owner of the guns, U.S. Attorney William Hochul said. She also was charged with a state count of filing a falsified business record, State Police Senior Investigator James Newell said.

Ok, there's no doubt the shooter who committed this crime was a scumbug. Anybody helping him to carry out these crimes is a scumbag too, no doubt. The article states she purchased these guns for him, a felon incapable of making the purchase. Now, there's no doubt she should be heavily prosecuted if she helped him carry out these plans. Now, by no means am I sticking up for her here, but SOMETHING seems amiss in this story. Ok, I've purchased several rifles, including an AR similar to the one used in this crime. Now, I probably filled out the same purchasing paperwork as she did to obtain my rifles that she did. I obviously don't have the form in front of me, and certainly I don't remember all the boxes, fields, statements, and questions on the form, BUT I don't remember seeing anything about not being able to sell the weapons once purchased. Or not selling them to a felon, or not being the legal owner of the weapon.

Yes, it is implied that the person signing on the dotted line will be the owner. Now if she purchased the rifle, indicated her address on the form, and then turned over the guns, then yes that is illegal I think.... But what if it's a gift for someone? Isn't that the same thing? Let's say she didn't know he was a felon? Still illegal? It is not against the law to sell that rifle in a private sale. It isn't a requirement for a private sale to do a background criminal check, right? See the problem I'm having with this? Without seeing the paperwork this is difficult to comment on, but something seems fishy. I'm just curious about these state and federal charges that she was arrested on.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe somebody can clarify. If she had anything pre-emptive to do with this crime then she should hang too.

Rochster woman gets arrested in Webster shooting.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
She should be charged as an accomplice to murder and conspiracy to commit murder on top of the current charges making a false statement.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
How do you know she wasnt coerced?
How do you know she was aware he was a felon?
how do you know anything pertinent other than she was charged?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This is America. We hang everyone the police talk to because if they werent guilty the police wouldnt be talking to them.

top topics

join