It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your take on a Quija Board?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Summation:

OK...

Basically, I have developed many theories regarding what occured to myself and several others that night, and through much deliberation, consideration and prayer, I have drawn a few correlations and conclusions on the matter.

Whatever these things are, they definitely vary in many ways. Their appearance. Their demeanor. Their size and abilities. The way they interact. Even their descriptors and names change, depending on where in the world they are being referenced. And, even by the sub-cultures that are apparent within their heirarchy.

The entity that we encountered, who called himself, "Ted", says that he is from the twelveth realm, where ever the heck that is. He claims to have been a man who died in England in the 17th century. He claims that he has learned how to absorb energy from our realm, and uses it to manifest his embodiment, here.

He says that he is not supposed to communicate or interact with us in any way, and says that in his realm, there are those called the "watchers" that will punish him if he is caught doing so. He says that the watchers roam throughout his realm checking on the multitudes of trapped souls, like himself, to prevent them from divulging knowledge to humans who attempt to make contact with the other side. He says that the watchers are not human, and never have been, but would not indicate what they actually were. He says that there are many bad spirits who are where he is, and that if we communicate with one of the bad ones, they will manipulate and deceive us, and use our connection with their world, to make visits to ours. He says that some of the stronger ones, can not only inhabit our world for a time, but that they can even inhabit, us...

Now, I have no way of confirming anything that Ted has told us. But I have a strong opinion that he is at least being partially, truthful.

This is what I believe...

I believe that whatever had control of my wife and friend, that night, was able to interact with their very souls. I don't believe that it had the power to harm them. But I believe it was able to instantly know everything about them. And, possibly, could use that knowledge against them, to gain more power for itself.

I think that the lightning storm that we had that night, created a more favorable condition for it. And, coupled with the energy from the candles and the angry, hateful things that we were saying to it, it was able to manifest in a very bold and convincing way! The motive for such, I believe is simply to counteract boredom, for lack of a better word. Ted in particular, with nothing but his own thoughts, for over 300 years, must be terribly wrought with himself. Both with his own demons and with the waiting, for what he must know is coming for him.

I know for sure, that whatever we felt we were accomplishing that night, was not worth it. Messing around with something that we thought we understood, just for the sake of knowledge or for the experience, was beyond foolish.

But in hindsight, I now know one other thing as fact. My wife comes from a long line of intuits. The women in her ancestry, were well known for their abilities. But, ever since that night, her ablilty has grown exponentially. She "sees" things with uncanny precision. Knows things that she should not know. She can tell strangers about secret memories that they have, and leave them dumb-founded. I've seen it many, many times. It's very eerie, to say the least.

When questioned about it, she says that whatever happened that night, wasn't just it seeing her. She says it was more like, an exchange of energies. And that while it was taking some of her, she also received some of it.

In closing, my biggest dilema, is trying to decide if all of these phenomena aren't the very same thing? What if, ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, imps, demons, aliens, bigfoot, etc, etc, etc...are actually the same manifestations, of these entities throughout the world. And the perceived differences, are either the way that they want to be seen, or simply the variant of dialect between many peoples? There are many hundreds, perhaps thousands of words throughout the world, for the exact same thing! But, to many who interpret these words, they may inadvertently carry a different meaning. Who's to say that they aren't one in the same?

For the record, I truly believe that humans are embroiled in a battle. A very real battle between Good and evil! In my mind, there is no doubt. And, I truly believe that whatever we see, or feel, that is not absolutely, undeniably, "of God", has to be of pure evil.... Satan's only objective, is to separate us from the Father. It's his sworn purpose. He has no choice but to fulfill prophesy and take his place in the pit, when this is all done.
He wants to take as many of God's favorites, as he can, with him. And he will use any and every means at his disposal, to do so.

Just some food for thought, the next time you encounter something, not of this world.....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

Many that have replied give you wise words. Take head and follow the advice offered to stay as far away from these devices as possible. Being very vague, these tools even when used as a game will thin the veil between our worlds. Thus, letting in anything that might be lurking just waiting for an opportunity to cross over. It might be likened to walking into a maximum security prison turning out the lights and opening every cell door and standing there waiting for whatever might come. No good will ever come of using these horribly misunderstood tools.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There has to be a flip side, shouldn't you be able to take advantage of it in a good way somhow or another, if its so misunderstood? wouldn't understanding it help?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Berenai

If someone plans to use a Ouija board you can't go about it half assed. You have to protect yourself and use it properly. It depends on what faith you follow and what you believe in but circles of protection, candles and prayers work. Always have someone with you. Never use it alone. Do research before playing it - and not just on youtube, I mean search credible websites and authors for information before you attempt. I believe in spirits and energies, but I refuse to go anywhere near a Ouija board. Not sure why. Perhaps too many horror movies - but I just have no desire to touch one.

Ugh I thought I already replied to this thread but this is a brand new one - too many threads on boards. I tried the board once in my life - as a teenager alone. Had borrowed it from a friend. It didn't work. But I can't help but wonder if that one time using the board didn't open me up to a lot of experiences I have no explanation for. I gave the board back to my friend the next day - never touched one since. The board is a medium used to contact the spirit world. Once you open that portal, you open the door for a lot of other things to come into to your life. As I mentioned, if you feel you must play with a board, take precaution. Even if you don't believe in spirits - just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it's not there.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It's a mass produced inanimate toy with no special powers.

When people talk about it like it has some malevolent supernatural force around it I feel like we still live in the Dark Ages.
edit on 31-12-2012 by sconner755 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Here's the thing. Ouija boards are conduits to the subconscious. When you use them and tie into something (you don't know what you'll tie into btw) you are using yourself as the conduit. When multiple people are involved, one or more become the conduit. So you may mess around with it and nothing happens to anyone or at least not to you specifically, or you may invite something into your mind that you have no hope of controlling.

Even highly practiced people shouldn't be messing around with Ouija boards as you just can't be sure that you will be able to handle what comes out, but people definitely shouldn't be messing with them if they are completely uninitiated.

Even if you are just implanting thoughts into your subconscious and NOT letting outside entities in, you still have no business messing around with it.

The boards themselves aren't anything special, it's what you are doing to your mind by using them that is the key. It is YOU not the board that is special. The board is just a tool to accessing a higher part of your self that is capable of harming you or others or is open to influence from other things.

Jaden
edit on 31-12-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Berenai

Yes, there is a flip side... Using the flip side in a meaningful manner would take years of dedication and acquiring of knowledge.

The problem with that is that there is so much horse# and misinformation out there, good luck getting the right knowledge to make it even somewhat safe.

Meditation with a focus on control and tapping into the subconscious without aid is a start. I still wouldn't suggest it though.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have had bad experiences with ouija boards, please stay away from them they are not to be trusted, i still have occasional nightmares of what me and my friends went through from over 30 years ago.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by humblemind

Many that have replied give you wise words. Take head and follow the advice offered to stay as far away from these devices as possible. Being very vague, these tools even when used as a game will thin the veil between our worlds. Thus, letting in anything that might be lurking just waiting for an opportunity to cross over. It might be likened to walking into a maximum security prison turning out the lights and opening every cell door and standing there waiting for whatever might come. No good will ever come of using these horribly misunderstood tools.

The key thing to remember is that it is not the board that acts as the conduit when the veil is thinned, it is the users mind and spirit.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Well, there are two possibilities as to why your wife seems to be more intuitive or empathic than she was. One is a good thing, the other is dangerous. The first possibility is that the connection that was made left her with a stronger connection to her higher self.

The other possibility is another entity hitching a ride. The way she describes getting some of its energy makes me fear the latter. That is dangerous. Even a little energy of an alternate entity can have negative consequences down the road.

As to the other idea, while interpretations of the same energy patterns can be different for different people and cultures, there ARE different types and levels of entities from different levels of existence. It's best not to mess around with any of it, even if it was just your subconscious with no outside energies or entities involvement at all.

It's rare to get to a level of working knowledge of these types of things without being severely adversely affected by it.

If your wife remains unaffected by it beyond what you've described, you should consider yourselves extremely lucky.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
My take on a ouija board is that everyone can get one to work but me. Out of every time I have used one (alone and with 1-10 other people) it has only worked once. I've used one dozens of times and nothing.

The one time it worked I was at a party and people were drinking. We were asking questions to ourselves and seeing if the board answered correctly. It did every time and people started flipping out and put it away before my turn

I don't know why that time worked. Alcohol, a large number of people...something.

Would love to try again, despite all the warnings. I just need to know for myself.

Usually, it's one person that makes or breaks it. You can eventually get it to work yourself the more in control of your mind you become. You have to get into a certain state. Sometimes drugs or alcohol can induce this state.

These aren't things to mess around with though.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My young nieces were over for the holidays and they mentioned the Ouija board. I cautioned them NOT to "play" with this tool as it could open a door they may not be able to close.
My personal experience was in our attic when I was about 10 (45 years ago). I asked the board when I would die and it said "82". In 1982, I had a NDE where I went half way up the 'tunnel' and three figures which I could not identify, told me to go back as it was not my time. So, now I'm looking forward to my 82nd birthday. It should be my last. That's sounds like a good time to be around. Hopefully I'll keep my faculties until I drop over dead. No old age homes, etc.
By the way, to this day, the third floor of the house where we used the board is still freaky. I had many vivid dreams of sprits (non-human) messing with me while there. I had a chance to visit the house during a visit to the old neighborhood a couple of years ago. The woman who now owns the house was outside doing yard work. I told her my story and asked if I could come in and see the old house, to which she agreed. It was a trip being able to go inside the house I grew up in and had not been in since the early 70's (40 years ago at the time). When we went up into the third floor where we as kids lived, I found I could not cross the threshold of one of the rooms up there. I could only look in. I told her that even as kids, we didn't spend much time in there when she replied, "I don't either".
That kind of surprised me (validation?).

Anyway... My advise is to stay away from these types of tools. They just bring un-wanted attention from entities on the other-side that are boarded and looking for something to do.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Quija boards are a board game mass produced as just that.
Made and copy written by Hasbro.
You might as well try and communicate with the spirit world using a 'My little Pony'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Berenai

Interesting you mention a flipside, I almost wonder if an experienced person like a "shaman" or spiritualist could manifest the energy from the other side instead of that energy manifesting our energy. A worthy concept to explore, but I still will never touch a Quija board again.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I've played with one on a handful of occasions. I might even still own one somewhere and I don't think they have any power but the power you put into them. In other words if you are accidentally conjuring spirits it probably has more to do with you and what your doing at the time of use then it actually has to do with the game. I mean its some cardboard and plastic with letters on it mass produced by Parker Brothers.... How dangerous can it be. Who knows maybe the house had weird activity prior and no one payed attention to the weirdness so it didn't have any energy to feed off of until someone tried to recognize it. I hear that's how true haunts are... The more you recognize and pay attention to spirits, the more power you give them.

So ya. That's my 2 cents.
edit on 31-12-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyMatt

I have studied numerous religions including Shamanism and practiced for awhile. Even then I would not consider using a board. There are other ways to contact spirits without using a board. The board itself is just one of several mediums used to contact the spirit world. However as someone else said, the more you open yourself to the spirit world the more vulnerable you become - experienced or not. Which is why it's important to take necessary steps to protect yourself when conducting spirit work of any kind.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyMatt
Quija boards are a board game mass produced as just that.
Made and copy written by Hasbro.
You might as well try and communicate with the spirit world using a 'My little Pony'

You should actually learn something before you start spewing stuff out of your mouth. The Ouija board IS a game produced by Hasbro, it has not ALWAYS been. People just like you decided to make it a game thinking that there is nothing to it, just like you think.

It is just a board with a wax coating and some plastic with felt...It's also a way to slip into your subconscious mind, and combine multiple subconscious minds that create a link to higher dimensions through your subconscious mind. Not understanding what you are doing and where you are going on a subconscious level is VERY dangerous and has more to do with your mind than it does with a piece of cardboard, some plastic and some felt.

Jaden

Strap some felt on a my little pony's feet and make a board with symbols on it that your mind can interpret and you would be able to do the same thing and it would be just as dangerous...
edit on 1-1-2013 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Surely you don't in all logic believe that Parker Bros. specifically brought out a boardgame/parlour game for the purpose of bringing demons/spirits/entities into this world? I think the Trading Standards guys would have something to say about that

It is entertaining rubbish popularised by bored Victorians and propagated by over active imaginations possible telekinesis and plain old superstitious fear and thrill seeking. Just an opinion. The brain and sub conscious are complicated things and can be tricked in so many ways into believing something is real and I believe if anything or anyone were actually contacted through this medium, then its bugger all to do with the Board itself more likely the person using it
edit on 2-1-2013 by phyllida because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
by the way, the Ouija board was not invented by Hasbro. The original Witchboard which the Ouija board was modeled after, has been around a lot longer. Like mentioned, it's just one of many mediums used to connect with the spirit world however most popular because spirits can use it to spell out letters. Not much different to using ghost boxes or evps or all these high tech gadgets you see on the ghost hunting shows.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
To me, the ouija board is a mystery. I think your experience with it depends on your energy, the people around you & their energy, and where you do it. It opens a portal you can never close and that's why a part of me wishes I never did it. Although my experiences were good, I think it is extremely risky. Beware

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join