Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My wife and I were talking a bit tonight. The subject got around to Chrome and the Sync/Google Server storage of Bookmarks and more, then how that likely tracks and records a WHOLE lot more about us. Eventually..we both got to thinking..... If someone totally unaware of our time and interest in ATS and other sites like it were to analyze our home's traffic patterns, what might they see? I wonder, have many considered this?
On any average day I may be in many places around the net. Many Odd, Obscure and even BAD places. That sounds all fine and innocent enough...until one stops to consider what that means for a person that spends a great deal of time in News stories, researching news stories and sourcing information relating to all of it. In recent days for various threads for example I've researched some of the following online:
- The deliberate spread of forms of Venereal Disease and how to infect unsuspecting people (How to accomplish and counter)
- The construction and performance details of known E.M.P. designs and deployment in RW weapons
- Effects, Deployment and Countermeasure for Anthrax as well as detailed reports of it's wide release in 1979 to including medical summaries
- Proper procedure as trained in POST Academies for police securing their weapons around prisoners in their station
- Man Portable Nuclear Weapons and their specific security arrangements at Seal Beach (Historical Interest...don't get any ideas..lol)
- Network topography for the servers used by the Council on Foreign Relations
- Military traffic, material, regular shipping volume and on going trends for U.S. Ports from Maine to Texas.
I chose to only show a few things directly relating to what anyone can find in my profile under threads I've posted to recently. Not started mind you, simply replied on. All of the above are items I can show specific threads and explain why with one exception and it's a thread I might create myself here soon...I'll leave ya guessing which.
To someone who has no idea I'm Wrabbit2000 at AboveTopSecret ...or doing similar Non-ATS research stuff ....what does that list look like? Mentally Deranged? Someone Dangerously off their Meds? Perhaps a Domestic Terrorist in final planning phase for....(Good God..look at that list, would ya? What IS that maniac planning to do!?)
So, who figures they've been looked at, at least in passing? How many of us have a file somewhere with anything from a single sheet follow-up to show the computer flag got checked and nothing was interesting ..... To many sheets of context and background for others?
Nothing too exciting on my computer, and I don't care either except maybe a few dirty stories and emails sent to a certain someone who enjoys reading them