It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 UFO News Stories of 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
#5 UFOs Over Sin City
In March, several people videotaped a variety of unusual-looking lights in the night sky flying around the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas. It was fascinating to watch as the objects moved in and out of what’s known as the Luxor Sky Beam, a powerful light beacon that shoots straight up into the sky from atop the Luxor pyramid structure. In the end, though, the alleged UFOs were mostly explained away as a combination of birds, bats and bugs, all seemingly attracted to the Sky Beam.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Baltic Sea UFO
In 2011, researchers discovered something unusual sitting on the bottom of the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Finland (sonar image). It took them almost a year later to return to the area with a diving team that went down and photographed the circular object that they described as looking like “a giant mushroom.” There has been no positive identification of what’s become known as the Baltic Sea UFO.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Russian Roswell UFO Debris
In March, the National Atomic Testing Museum of Las Vegas unveiled a controversial exhibit: “Area 51: Myth or Reality.” The controversy stemmed from questions about why a Smithsonian Institution-affiliated museum would devote so much space to a top secret military facility rumored for many years to be the testing ground for alleged captured alien spacecraft. Moreover, this new exhibit featured the reported remains of a UFO that crashed in Russia in 1986. The display of these materials is clearly marked as Authentic Alien Artifact.

#2 Ex-Air Force Colonel Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up
Six months after the controversy of the Area 51 exhibit, the National Atomic Testing Museum was in the news again when it gathered together four retired military colonels to speak out on what they either knew or suspected about the true nature of UFOs. One of those men, Air Force Col. Charles Halt (pictured), outright accused the federal government of a UFO cover-up that involved a secret agency allegedly involved with possible alien visitors to Earth. “I’m firmly convinced there’s an agency and there is an effort to suppress,” Halt said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 Roswell UFO Was Not From Earth: Ex-CIA Agent -- There Were Two Roswell UFOs: Ex-Air Force Official
This year saw two stories turn the UFO “community” upside down over the issue of whether or not an extraterrestrial craft crashed near Roswell, NM, (as reported in the Roswell Daily Record on July 8, 1947). First, in July of 2012, Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran (pictured,left), revealed that he found a box marked “Roswell” at CIA headquarters in Langley, VA, during the mid-1990s. Brandon told HuffPost that, inside the box, he saw materials and photos that convinced him the Roswell UFO was “a craft that clearly did not come from this planet, it crashed and I don’t doubt for a second that the use of the words ‘remains’ and ‘cadavers’ was exactly what people were talking about.”
A month after this story broke, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French (pictured,right) told HuffPost exclusively that there were, in fact, two UFO crashes near Roswell and that “the first one was shot down by an experimental U.S. airplane that was flying out of White Sands, NM. It shot what was effectively an electronic pulse-type weapon that disabled and took away all the controls of the UFO, and that’s why it crashed.”
source
edit on 12/28/2012 by mcx1942 because: edited

edit on 12/28/2012 by mcx1942 because: resize pic

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Good topic, but I have to say, "HEY!"......It's not over yet, we still have three solid days left.....you never know what tomorrow will bring us conspiracy nuts
Happy New Years.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Indeed, with my luck, 5 more even grander stories will pop up in the next few days lol.

Here's to 2013 and a whole new year of UFO cases to scour over!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting! It's great to have them all consolidated in one place. These honestly were the best stories of the year... among all the thousands and thousands of grainy videos of sparkles in the sky, these are the stories that made waves and still linger with interest.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
no. 3 is insane. it doesn't even say alleged, it says plainly "on jan. 29th, 1986 a ufo crashed..."

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Notice that all the high level people coming (or finally coming) forward may have some minor personal opinions and speculations. It's inevitable human nature and shouldn't detract from the core truth.
edit on 28-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: clarity

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HistrionicSpock

My pleasure buddy. It definitely was an interesting year for the UFO topic.

More high level officials, more glances behind the curtain.

It will be intriguing to see if 2013 can top this. I am sure it will.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i'd like to see a UFO in my lifetime don't we all? something about not being out here alone and anyother race out there better then us? or worse? makes me feel better but this IDK if something is out there who know if it isn't first hand experience!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This was a very intriguing year, so I felt like going into a little more detail of each story.

UFOs over Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. March 2012.

UFOs are invading Las Vegas. That's right. Sin City has become the latest target of alien creatures always on the lookout for fun places in America to park -- or hover -- their ships.

Either that or some unusual formations of lights in the sky over the Egyptian-themed Luxor Hotel could simply turn out to be misidentified members of the B group -- birds, bats, bugs or balloons.

On March 21, a cluster of well-lit orbs was videotaped over the famous Las Vegas Strip by an Ohio visitor. The seven-minute video showed the objects dancing and darting and rotating around the sky in the vicinity of the Luxor's 30-story glass

Interesting enough, the author of this article was able to capture a different angle of the same event.

As it turns out, I was also in Vegas on the night of the UFO event -- in fact, I was directly underneath it while it was unfolding.

When I arrived back at the hotel around 8:45 p.m., I looked up to the top of the pyramid and saw many living things of various sizes flying around the beam of light, which was so bright that I could see no distinguishing features to help identify the individual creatures. But there was no doubt that they were alive.

The article's author has his video in the link below. Notice how the other two witness videos are removed from it. Odd.

Full Article+Video From Article Author.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Baltic Sea USO*

The object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea was detected on sonar in June 2011 by Ocean X Team. Based on these initial sonar images, the media and members of Ocean X Team fueled speculation that the object could be a crashed UFO resting on the sea floor. The treasure-hunting outfit set out on an expedition in June 2012 in hopes of identifying the object. According to some sources, an identification has been made. But others, including Ocean X Team believe the object’s identity is still a mystery.

The team suggests that straight edges on the object, revealed by newly released multi-beam sonar images, support the notion that this submerged mystery is something manufactured.

Another Ocean X Team expedition is scheduled to leave Sweden on September 8, following the disappointing outing in June that resulted in multiple equipment failures.
Full Article

There is some cool info on this at DisclosureTV:Link
Some more videos on The Baltic Sea UFO

There is much work still to be done with this one and I look forward to find out what Ocean X Team discovers down the line. Here is a video from November.

*I see many sites call this an UFO but it is not flying so it should be called USO

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Russian Roswell UFO Debris

The Area 51 presentation isn’t limited to examining American UFO sites. Under a clear display cover — where the “Authentic Alien Artifact” sign is housed — are a variety of objects, including vials containing small pieces of material. These come from an alleged UFO crash in Russia.

According to the exhibit’s description, scientific tests on the UFO materials revealed bizarre behavior: “Three Soviet academic centers and 11 research institutes analyzed the objects from this UFO crash. The distance between atoms is different from ordinary iron. Radar cannot be reflected from the material. Elements in the material may disappear and new ones appear after heating. One piece disappeared completely in front of four witnesses. The core of the material is composed of a substance with anti-gravitational properties.”
Full Article

It's now widely known that Cold War spy planes (including the U-2) were developed and tested at the base. The man who broke the story in 1989 about alleged alien technology at Area 51 was Emmy Award-winning news journalist George Knapp of KLAS-TV in Las Vegas.

Because of his key role in putting the secret facility on the map, exhibitors asked Knapp to be involved. To that end, a special George Knapp room has been included in the exhibit, where visitors can see a variety of documents and artifacts that he’s collected over the years: films, videos, photos and something very special to be unveiled for the exhibit opening.

In 1986, an unidentified object streaked across the sky over Dalnegorsk, USSR, and crashed into Mount Izvestkovaya, also referred to as Height 611.

Through many contacts and great effort, Knapp obtained some of the strange materials actually gathered at the scene of the crash.

"I'll give you a hint," he said. "We've often heard the argument from the naysayers that there's nothing to study, no evidence. This famous case happened in Russia where scientists went to the scene of a very dramatic incident and collected samples, and they gave me some of them!"
Full Article

Travel Channel to explore UFO debris from the ‘Russian Roswell’ incident

According to the Travel Channel, their show Mysteries at the Museum will examine this “collection of mysterious debris that may be proof of alien intelligence.” The National Atomic Testing Museum described the show in a recent press release, stating, “Allan Palmer, Executive Director of the National Atomic Testing Museum, examines a collection of rocks found after a strange explosion in Russia. The debris has some very unusual properties, confounding scientists since its discovery in 1986.”
Full Article

Sadly, I can not find many videos on this display at the National Atomic Testing Museum. So here are some Russian UFO documentaries as well.

edit on 12/28/2012 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ex-Air Force Colonel Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up

Col. Charles Halt said at the Smithsonian-affiliated National Atomic Testing Museum in front of an audience of 200 people that he is "firmly convinced there's an agency, and there's an effort to suppress."

Halt was stationed at RAF Bentwaters military base in England in Dec. 1980 when three UFO-related events allegedly occurred at Rendlesham Forest. Strange lights were seen outside RAF Woodbridge and a "strange glowing object" was seen in the forest. The next day, depressions were found in the ground, and radiation was present. A red light was later seen moving through the forest.
Full Article

Halt was the deputy base commander at Redlesham Forest.

The first reports relate to sightings of strange phenomena on 26 December. The second reports relate to lights on 27 December.

Nick Pope used to run the British government's UFO Project and he undertook a review of the incident in 1994.

The Halt tape

After the reports of second sightings, deputy base commander Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt said he went out into the forest in the early hours of 28 December with other airmen to investigate a possible crash landing site.

He said he recorded his thoughts on tape as he walked around and recordings were made public in 1984.
Full Article
Halt Tape Part 1
Halt Tape Part 2

Rendlesham Forest will always be known as the UK's answer to Roswell, being as it is the only other UFO incident that has received official recognition from the government and military in both the UK and the USA. It is the most significant UFO incident ever to have occurred in the UK and one of the most significant anywhere in the world. To date there are a number of very strong witness testimonies from key mulitary personel.
Full Article

edit on 12/28/2012 by mcx1942 because: fix

edit on 12/29/2012 by mcx1942 because: edited

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth And There Were ET Cadavers: Ex-CIA Agent Says

"It was not a damn weather balloon -- it was what it was billed when people first reported it," said Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran. "It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet, it crashed and I don't doubt for a second that the use of the word 'remains' and 'cadavers' was exactly what people were talking about."

Brandon served as an undercover, covert operations officer in the agency's Clandestine Service for 25 years, where he was assigned missions in international terrorism, counterinsurgency, global narcotics trafficking and weapons smuggling. He spent his final 10 years of CIA service on the director's staff as the agency's first official liaison to the entertainment and publication industries. It was during this time, in the mid-1990s, that he walked into a special section of CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., called the Historical Intelligence Collection.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.
Full Article

Roswell UFO Crash: There Were 2 Crashes, Not 1, Says Ex-Air Force Official

Until now, most debunkers doubted that there was even one crash. Now, in an exclusive interview, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French told The Huffington Post that there were actually two crashes.

French -- an Air Force pilot who was in Alamagordo, N.M., in 1947, being tested in an altitude chamber, an annual requirement for rated officers -- was very specific in how the military allegedly brought down what he believes was a spacecraft from another world.

"When they hit it with that electromagnetic pulse -- bingo! -- there goes all their electronics and, consequently, the UFO was uncontrollable," said French, who flew hundreds of combat missions in Korea and Southeast Asia, and who held several positions working for Military Intelligence.

Video of Ret. Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French

"It was within a few miles of where the original crash was," French said. "We think that the reason they were in there at that time was to try and recover parts and any survivors of the first crash. I'm [referring to] the people from outer space -- the guys whose UFO it was."
Full Article

It seems more and more high ranking officials keep coming forward to tell us stories about their experiences with the UFO phenomena. Will this lead to full disclosure or just a deeper cover up to make sure the truth never comes to full fruition. Only time will tell.

2012 was a whirlwind of stories and videos. I look forward to seeing how 2013 unfolds.

edit on 12/29/2012 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942

#4 Baltic Sea UFO
In 2011, researchers discovered something unusual sitting on the bottom of the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Finland (sonar image). It took them almost a year later to return to the area with a diving team that went down and photographed the circular object that they described as looking like “a giant mushroom.” There has been no positive identification of what’s become known as the Baltic Sea UFO.

No "UFO". This rock formation never "flew" anywhere, but in the vivid imaginations of those who hyped this as a spaceship. But it is a perfect reflection of the gullibility of people on the Internet.

The fact this appears on multiple lists of "best UFO stories" of 2012 is truly a reflection of the complete and utter death of Ufology as having any relevance to reality and genuine anomalies. Why worry about real anomalies when all you have to do is fabricate a story and create a following for another totally crappy TV "mockumentary"?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Question: In the news paper report of the Crashed Saucer at Roswell,
"RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region" What does RAAF stand for in America as In Australia R.A.A.F stands for 'Royal Australian Air Force' ?

Zelong.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
reply to post by mcx1942

Question: In the news paper report of the Crashed Saucer at Roswell,
"RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region" What does RAAF stand for in America as In Australia R.A.A.F stands for 'Royal Australian Air Force' ?

Zelong.

I believe RAAF is an acronym for "Roswell Army Air Force". Prior to September 1947, the United States Air Force was designated as a component of the US Army (United States Army Air Force).

Note: I stand corrected. That should read Roswell Army Air Field. Thanks Gortex.
edit on 29-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Noted correction.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

What does RAAF stand for in America as In Australia R.A.A.F stands for 'Royal Australian Air Force' ?

Roswell Army Air Field

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
At this point with so many military officials going on record about their experiences, it does seem like we are inching closer to full disclosure. Sadly though, I feel governments will continue to deny UFO existence until the day someone in the public brings out irrefutable evidence. Even if someone from the public finds a crashed craft or captures a species, we will probably stay in the dark. Unless that person is able to present their evidence in a completely unbiased fashion, they will be buried and evidence will be confiscated.

Maybe we will never find empirical evidence because we are not wired to interact with these visitors. My gut feeling is that we can not communicate with advanced beings, it could be akin to humans trying to hold a conversation with a grasshopper. Because of this possibility, maybe it is actually impossible to prove their existence according to our strict terms of what reality is to us.

It is frustratingly tantalizing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

It is awesome looking.

It doesn't hurt anyone being imaginative in a case like this. I am pretty sure it still needs to be explored more until it is definitively concluded as to what it is. I believe it is probably just a rock formation or volcanic but it doesn't hurt to imagine it may be some awesome ship just waiting for us to find it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Great share i like really like the particular part about The Rendlesham Forest i never heard of the incident before.
Does anyone has some additional information/source on this subject ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join