It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYMBOLISM - Witchcraft, Mind Control, Masons, Illuminati

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
You must be learning a lot in this thread!

PS:
I already explained the All Seeing Eye in an earlier post.

You can (left) click on the drop down box in my avatar and view all my posts in this thread to quickly locate it.
edit on 3-1-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

Yes that you are quick to judge people into thinking they don't know anything when you don't
even know that person calling them dumb, assleep, etc here heres $5 go feed the cat ..

Back on topic if someone has a tattoo with a triangle are they part of some secret society?
maybe some of these women who sport a sun tattoo or little devil are in to the occult also.

My point being is everytime a triangle or eye is seen people shout illuminati ....
P.S how's the hexes coming on? have you learned that you too can make a mistake like i
did too?.I know what a thigh bone is and i i'm pretty sure you knew what your shapes were.
Simple mistake no? back on topic sorry people my apologies to all...
edit on 3-1-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

Do you have any idea of the production budget of these major films and music videos which are flooding the screens with these symbols?

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
en.wikipedia.org...

Release date(s)

December 21, 1937 (premiere)
February 4, 1938 (United States)

Budget $1,488,423

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was to be the first full-length cel animated feature in motion picture history,[5] and as such Walt Disney had to fight to get the film produced. Both his brother and business partner Roy Disney and his wife Lillian attempted to talk him out of it,[7] and the Hollywood movie industry referred to the film derisively as "Disney's Folly" while it was in production. He had to mortgage his house to help finance the film's production, which eventually ran up a total cost of $1,488,422.74, a massive sum for a feature film in 1937.[1]

Interestingly Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs features several themes which are Rosicrucian in nature that being the name Snow White

Fama Fraternitatis Rosae Crucis
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Rosicrucians clearly adopted through the Manifestos the Pythagorean tradition of envisioning objects and ideas in terms of their numeric aspects, and, on the other hand, they directly state in the Confessio Fraternitatis:

"We speak unto you by parables, but would willingly bring you to the right, simple, easy and ingenuous exposition, understanding, declaration, and knowledge of all secrets."

references
^ Albert Pike (1872). Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, XXX: Knight Kadosh. p. 822.
"Commentaries and studies have been multiplied upon the Divine Comedy, the work of DANTE, and yet no one, so far as we know, has pointed out its especial character. (...) His Hell is but a negative Purgatory. His Heaven is composed of a series of Kabalistic circles, divided by a cross, like the Pantacle of Ezekiel. In the centre of this cross blooms a rose, and we see the symbol of the Adepts of the Rose-Croix for the first time publicly expounded and almost categorically explained."

Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy, Paradiso, Canto XXXI, circa 1308–1321:
"In fashion then as of a snow-white rose
Displayed itself to me the saintly host,
Whom Christ in his own blood had made his bride,"

The glass casket is also found in Rosicrucian themed art having to do with a fall into the darkness of sleep and to awaken to the 'light'.

The Real History of the Rosicrucians,
by Arthur Edward Waite, [1887]
www.sacred-texts.com...

Hollywood film budgets:
www.the-numbers.com...

EDIT:

Not to mention the apple which she takes a bite of to fall into the slumber which just so happened to be given to her by a witch;

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Pentagram: from the Greek, "pente", meaning five and "gramma", a letter; the pentagram is a five pointed figure formed by producing the sides of a pentagon both ways to their point of intersection, so as to form a five-pointed star.

Historically, the pentacle referred to any amulet, often incorporating an hexagram. "The words pentagram and pentacle (or pantacle) is not necessarily connected with the number 5. Pentacle probably comes from an old French word for 'to hang' and means a talisman or, by extension, any symbol used in magical operations." [7] There is little agreement on these distinctions.

If you cut an apple in half you will find a five pointed star.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch &sa=X&ei=1TjmUO3kOav82gXIuIG4BQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1360&bih=645

This is why an apple is often depicted as the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

However, an apple was the term given to just about any foreign fruit at the time so it is a strange coincidence that the apple we call an apple today happens to have the pentagram inside it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

?q=apple+cut+in+half&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=3Kd&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1TjmUO3kOav82gXIuIG4 BQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1360&bih=645

LOL you know what is funny when you get you guys thinking we who dissagree don't know
anything and you think because we dissagree is because you think we don't know .

I Read this stuff as a child.I will ask you something though what is that up there all about?

This is why an apple is often depicted as the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

(The apple is not evil but unkind to your teeth at times i guess) in life there is allways
"ONE BAD APPLE IN THE CART SO TO SPEAK"...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I have been a devout Rosicrucian for many years. You're comments are highly misguided and show your ignorance of the beliefs of the society. Rosicrucians....along with many who teach esoteric wisdom....do so in parables. This history for WHY this has happened is two-fold:

1. Because of religious and political persecution, discussion of esoteric beliefs often lead to death in the past.

2. Because it is from the spiritual "work" that you raise the vibration of the soul and receive enlightenment. Students of Rosicrucianism must go through a series of meditations and personal/spiritual work in order to fully understand the principles of the wisdom. This does not happen over a lifetime...it happens over MANY lifetimes. Because this wisdom is considered sacred, it is NOT just "handed" over to the uninitiated mostly because the mundane is not capable of understanding the true nature of the wisdom. Humans tend to find less value in things they don't have to work for....

You prescribe some nefarious reason or symbolism that is completely off-base, which you would know if you were initiated into this school of philosophy.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

?q=apple+cut+in+half&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=3Kd&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1TjmUO3kOav82gXIuIG4 BQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1360&bih=645

LOL you know what is funny when you get you guys thinking we who dissagree don't know
anything and you think because we dissagree is because you think we don't know .

I Read this stuff as a child.I will ask you something though what is that up there all about?

(The apple is not evil but unkind to your teeth at times i guess) in life there is allways
"ONE BAD APPLE IN THE CART SO TO SPEAK"...

Apologies I had hoped it would link directly to the images header located on the top of your google search bar.

Click images after the link and a list of apples cut in half demonstrating the veracity of the claim.

What did you read as a kid? Honestly I am curious.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

I have been a devout Rosicrucian for many years. You're comments are highly misguided and show your ignorance of the beliefs of the society. Rosicrucians....along with many who teach esoteric wisdom....do so in parables. This history for WHY this has happened is two-fold:

1. Because of religious and political persecution, discussion of esoteric beliefs often lead to death in the past.

2. Because it is from the spiritual "work" that you raise the vibration of the soul and receive enlightenment. Students of Rosicrucianism must go through a series of meditations and personal/spiritual work in order to fully understand the principles of the wisdom. This does not happen over a lifetime...it happens over MANY lifetimes. Because this wisdom is considered sacred, it is NOT just "handed" over to the uninitiated mostly because the mundane is not capable of understanding the true nature of the wisdom. Humans tend to find less value in things they don't have to work for....

You prescribe some nefarious reason or symbolism that is completely off-base, which you would know if you were initiated into this school of philosophy.

What nefarious reason did I prescribe to it? I merely pointed out the symbolism and its use in mystery schools which provide a connection to Disney.

Did I interpret the symbolism incorrectly?

If it makes you feel better Martin Luther is a possible Rosicrucian based upon the symbol he stamped upon his work being the rose and cross.

The Protestant Reformation was the 16th-century schism within Western Christianity initiated by Martin Luther, John Calvin and other early Protestants. It was sparked by the 1517 posting of Luther's Ninety-Five Theses. The efforts of the self-described "reformers", who objected to ("protested") the doctrines, rituals, and ecclesiastical structure of the Roman Catholic Church, led to the creation of new national Protestant churches. The Reformation was precipitated by earlier events within Europe, such as the Black Death and the Western Schism, which eroded people's faith in the Catholic Church and the Papacy that governed it. This, as well as many other factors, such as the mid 15th-century invention of the printing press, and the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire, contributed to the creation of Protestantism.

Luther Rose
en.wikipedia.org...

The Luther seal or Luther rose is a widely-recognized symbol for Lutheranism. It was the seal that was designed for Martin Luther at the behest of Prince John Frederick, in 1530, while Luther was staying at the Coburg Fortress during the Diet of Augsburg. Lazarus Spengler, to whom Luther wrote his interpretation below, sent Luther a drawing of this seal. Luther saw it as a compendium or expression of his theology and faith, which he used to authorize his correspondence. Luther informed Philipp Melanchthon on September 15, 1530 that the Prince had personally visited him in the Coburg fortress and presented him with a signet ring, presumably displaying the seal.

Interestingly enough the Medici Pope Leo X was one of the main reasons for which the reformation occurred due to his selling of Papal indulgences among other ludicrous activities.

The Medici were famously interested in Gnosticism, Hermeticism, and the mysteries of ancient Greece. Their family crest of the six dots in the shape of a hexagram along with the keys as I am quite confident you are aware is very telling of their proclivities.

Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians
www.levity.com...

This 18th century compendium, drew on 17th century alchemical sources such as Adrian von Mynsich, with mystical pieces from Valentin Weigel, and Abraham von Franckenberg's works on Jacob Boehme. It was an important and influential source of Rosicrucian ideas, albeit filtered thtough an 18th century perspective.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What do you know about the crescent moon and star..?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

There is no academic support

Oh boy, I could show you some stuff that there is "no academic support", "no scientific evidence" for, but is very much true.

Read the adjectives....Scientific, and academic....It doesn't say there is 'no support', just there is no 'accepted' support. Now why wouldn't it be accepted? Gee, probably because a lot of people would start looking at what kind of pagan roots are in Christianity

They are spelled and pronounced differently in Hebrew the language they were taken from.

Believe all the BS you want from Theosophical sources but you have zero credible sources to support your theory.

This claim is about as valid as the clown who posted the day of worship was Saturday aka Saturnday for the Hebrews even though it was the Roman nomenclature when the Hebrew name was Shabbat for a millennium before meaning "rest" not Saturn.

Its a load of crap . . .

en.wikipedia.org...

That is, the Hebrew word amen derives from the same ancient triliteral Hebrew root as does the verb ʾāmán.[9] Grammarians frequently list ʾāmán under its three consonants (aleph-mem-nun), which are identical to those of ʾāmēn (note that the Hebrew letter א aleph represents a glottal stop sound, which functions as a consonant in the morphology of Hebrew).[8] This triliteral root means to be firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe.

In Arabic, the word is derived from its triliteral common root word ʾĀmana (Arabic: آمن‎), which has the same meanings as the Hebrew root word.

Popular among some theosophists,[10] proponents of Afrocentric theories of history,[11] and adherents of esoteric Christianity [12][13] is the conjecture that amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun (which is sometimes also spelled Amen). Some adherents of Eastern religions believe that amen shares roots with the Hindu Sanskrit word, Aum.[14][15][16][17] There is no academic support for either of these views. The Hebrew word, as noted above, starts with aleph, while the Egyptian name begins with a yodh.[18]

Academic a.k.a. students of history and linguistics.

Provide your sources of support and we can check where they came up with this little theory. I doubt they provide any source material and pull the same hoodwink over as the Saturday poster attempted to.

Since your etymological source is the Bible, which I would find hard to put a precise date on when it was truly written; I will stick with the name of the Egyptian god. Now if the hebrew word truly predates the Egyptian god, then maybe he derived his name from the word yes? Then, why would you be arguing against it? Wouldn't that be a good thing if the name of an egyptian god derived his name from a word used to conclude prayers?

But also from your source...

however, the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic and Arabic. The word was imported into the Greek of the early Church from Judaism

en.wikipedia.org...

Miṣr (IPA: [mesˤr]) is the Literary Arabic and modern official name of Egypt, while Maṣr (IPA: [mɑsˤɾ]) is the common pronunciation in Egyptian Arabic. The name is of Semitic origin.

Again, all of this on the basis that the Bible isn't some fairy tale....Righto....Same people that said Satan exists right, and he's supposed to be this great big tyrant, that wants to take away God's throne....
edit on 3-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Absolutely nothing, really. Sure he knows about it from a 'Christianity' perspective, but that's obviously going to darken his lens a whole lot.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by denver22

Absolutely nothing, really. Sure he knows about it from a 'Christianity' perspective, but that's obviously going to darken his lens a whole lot.

Are you going to provide your sources for the origin of 'Amen" or not?

Actually I am not talking from a 'Christian' perspective but rather the documented source material. That is the actual written language which has been uncovered through archeological exploration. That is actual writing form thousands of years ago studied by linguistics experts and compared to other material from the same period of time.

Linguistics
en.wikipedia.org...

Linguistics is the scientific study of human language.[1][2][3][4][5] Linguistics can be broadly broken into three categories or subfields of study: language form, language meaning, and language in context. The earliest known activities in descriptive linguistics have been attributed to Panini, India around 500 BCE, with his analysis of Sanskrit in Ashtadhyayi.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of LINGUISTICS
: the study of human speech including the units, nature, structure, and modification of language

EDIT:
My etymological source is not the Bible actually. As it would be referring to the earliest known Hebrew writing which would make the Torah, but what is the difference right? You are trying to claim the connection between the Torah and Egyptian worship so you must provide evidence to support that.

en.wikipedia.org...

Numerous older tablets have been found in the region with similar scripts written in other Semitic languages, for example Protosinaitic. It is believed that the original shapes of the script go back to Egyptian hieroglyphs, though the phonetic values are instead inspired by the acrophonic principle. The common ancestor of Hebrew and Phoenician is called Canaanite, and was the first to use a Semitic alphabet distinct from Egyptian. One ancient document is the famous Moabite Stone written in the Moabite dialect; the Siloam Inscription, found near Jerusalem, is an early example of Hebrew. Less ancient samples of Archaic Hebrew include the ostraca found near Lachish which describe events preceding the final capture of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonian captivity of 586 BCE.

The above is likely the best location for you look regarding a connection between the two.

Archaic Biblical Hebrew from the 10th to the 6th century BCE, corresponding to the Monarchic Period until the Babylonian Exile and represented by certain texts in the Hebrew Bible (Tanach), notably the Song of Moses (Exodus 15) and the Song of Deborah (Judges 5). Also called Old Hebrew or Paleo-Hebrew. It was written in a form of the Canaanite script. (A script descended from this is still used by the Samaritans, see Samaritan Hebrew language.)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This post, right here ^^

Other than the initial part mentioning the bible; it clearly states afterwards

the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic and Arabic.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

My etymological source is not the Bible actually. As it would be referring to the earliest known Hebrew writing which would make the Torah,

This...Right here.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Torah was first written down according to your biblical scholars about 600 BCE, long after the word existed in Egypt.

Most modern Biblical scholars believe that the written books were a product of the Babylonian exilic period (c. 600 BCE) and that it was completed by the Persian period (c. 400 BCE)

The core of the Torah (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible), and most of the rest of the Hebrew Bible, is written in Classical Hebrew, and much of its present form is specifically the dialect of Biblical Hebrew that scholars believe flourished around the 6th century BCE.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This post, right here ^^

Other than the initial part mentioning the bible; it clearly states afterwards

the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic and Arabic.

So no sources other than what I posted.

Egypt language
en.wikipedia.org...

Egyptian is the oldest known language of Egypt and a branch of the Afroasiatic language family. Written records of the Egyptian language have been dated from about 3400 BC,[2] making it one of the oldest recorded languages known, outside of Sumerian. Egyptian was spoken until the late 17th century AD in the form of Coptic.

Semitic Language
en.wikipedia.org...

The Semitic languages are a group of related languages whose living representatives are spoken by more than 270 million people across much of the Middle East, North Africa and the Horn of Africa. They constitute a branch of the Afroasiatic language family.

Semitic languages are attested in written form from a very early date, with texts in Eblaite and Akkadian appearing from around the middle of the third millennium BC, written in a script adapted from Sumerian cuneiform. However, most scripts used to write Semitic languages are abjads — a type of alphabetic script that omits some or all of the vowels, which is feasible for these languages because the consonants in the Semitic languages are the primary carriers of meaning. Among them are the Ugaritic, Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic, and South Arabian alphabets.

Same language family

Afroasiatic languages
en.wikipedia.org...

Afroasiatic includes several important ancient languages, such as Ancient Egyptian, Akkadian and Biblical Hebrew.

Yet they are classified as different languages because the roots stem from different regions.

You have a lot of work to do on proving your theory.

PS
Since the Egyptian word already existed why is it then written with different letters if it is supposed to mean the same thing?

They clearly make a distinction between the two and one is used in prayer the other is not.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What do you know about the crescent moon and star..?

Are you referencing some symbolic meaning?

Or perhaps you are more interested in the scientific aspect of the two?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyk74

The w in walt is not a 6 now is it.... (you are seeing what you want to see)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyk74

The w in walt is not a 6 now is it.... (you are seeing what you want to see)

You are missing the other 666 in the logo.

Reading from right to left the first is in the base of the S, the second is in the D, and the third is the is in the W of Walt. They are facing the other direction as well.

Also from a Kabbalistic POV the towers are divided into 9 segments with a gateway at the base. This could also be a reference to the 9 gateways to heaven. The 9 tier is also located above the hem-sphere created by the shining light.

9 Gateways
www.cs.utah.edu...

www.libralion.com...
The above is merely a link to an image of the Kabbalistic tree of life with the material realm at the base and nine (9) gateways (spheres) to pass through to enter heaven.

Here is a Kabbalah teaching center called 9 gates;
ninegates.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What does it stand for what does it mean and where does it come from and what western
country adopted it and why?..

This isn't an off topic post btw...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You are missing the other 666 in the logo.

Sorry those are called letters to be exact Cursive, also known as script, joined-up writing, joint writing, linking, running writing, or handwriting

The w for instance in the walt is just that a w not a 6 it can't be argued it's folly to do so..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

What does it stand for what does it mean and where does it come from and what western

I would suggest you look into Astarte and Tammuz for more definitive answers to that one. It is found on the flags of nations located in the area which that school of thought developed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

2+2= potato?

Written records of the Egyptian language have been dated from about 3400 BC,[2] making it one of the oldest recorded languages known, outside of Sumerian. Egyptian was spoken until the late 17th century AD in the form of Coptic.

Most modern Biblical scholars believe that the written books were a product of the Babylonian exilic period (c. 600 BCE) and that it was completed by the Persian period (c. 400 BCE)

It's usage in the Torah, is predated by the Egyptian language. Your use therefore of the Torah as an etymological source, is not relative, and if you read your first source carefully, it says that the triconsonatal root is common to Semitic languages, such AS Arabic, and Aramaic. That is not saying that it is therefore solely Hebrew.

The earliest written evidence of an Afroasiatic language is an Ancient Egyptian inscription of c. 3400 BC (5,400 years ago).[11] Symbols on Gerzean pottery resembling Egyptian hieroglyphs date back to c. 4000 BC, suggesting a still earlier possible date. This gives us a minimum date for the age of Afroasiatic. However, Ancient Egyptian is highly divergent from Proto-Afroasiatic (Trombetti 1905: 1–2), and considerable time must have elapsed in between them. Estimates of the date at which the Proto-Afroasiatic language was spoken vary widely. They fall within a range between approximately 7500 BC (9,500 years ago) and approximately 16,000 BC (18,000 years ago). According to Igor M. Diakonoff (1988: 33n), Proto-Afroasiatic was spoken c. 10,000 BC. According to Christopher Ehret (2002: 35–36), Proto-Afroasiatic was spoken c. 11,000 BC at the latest and possibly as early as c. 16,000 BC. These dates are older than dates associated with most other proto-languages.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, Ancient Egyptian existed first in the afroasiatic language.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I would suggest you look into Astarte and Tammuz for more definitive answers to that one. It is found on the flags of nations located in the area which that school of thought developed.

It's ok you don't have to answer if you don't know ...

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join