It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA now scanning almost all passengers. My recent pat down experience.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
On a recent fight I was shocked to see that at the 3 airports I visited, all of their TSA check points were set up to send people only though scanners. The old metal detectors were not being used at all.

The last time I flew, only random people went through the scanners and they had the option to op-out. So I decided to find out if the op-out was still an option. When they directed me to walk into the scanner, I asked if I could op-out. The TSA agent said yes and that he had to read me something, then he called someone over to do a pat down. What he read stated that as a safety precaution I would need to undergo a pat down to insure the same level of security check. I was fine with that. He also said that the machine did not use x-rays and that it used radio waves. The units had Pro Vision ADT written on them. I don't know anything else about them. I'm not sure if they changed the technology on us or if it's the same as before, when it was random.

The pat down was okay. They use the back of their hands in the private areas but they do a good job of feeling up most of your body. The whole ordeal slowed me up by about 5 minutes so I just went through the scanners the rest of the times. One time after being scanned, they thought I had a watch on but I didn't so that was kind of strange.

I saw one person who was worked up over the whole TSA check. As I was walking away from my pat down, I saw an older woman on a cell phone, sitting on a bench crying. All I remember hearing her say was "it was so humiliating." I'm not sure what had happened to her.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You have to buy them dinner first. I don't blame her really!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is why I am happy to be back on the east coast.
I can drive every where again.

I hate airports, and avoid them like the plague. I will happily drive 500 miles than sit on an airplane for an hour. I think I might hate airports more than politicians. I just want to pour gas on everything there and set it on fire.

The TSA is so ridiculously inept, it's mind bottling. Let the airlines hire their own security.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Every airport does it differently. Or maybe it is the holidays, they are being more careful. You don't know the reasons. You are not privelaged to security information.

As for the woman, that is purely speculation. For all you know, they found her vibrator in her carryon.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Every airport does it differently. Or maybe it is the holidays, they are being more careful. You don't know the reasons. You are not privelaged to security information.

As for the woman, that is purely speculation. For all you know, they found her vibrator in her carryon.

HM...

I don't know about you, but I'd be like, "Aww yeah that's mine! I bought it for my girl. I can't WAIT to get HOME!"

My issue with the scanners are the potential health risks. I could care less if someone I don't know and never will see again sees my junk on a screen.

I usually have to patted down anyway since I have a little extra metal in places you can't see.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes, driving and cruising the seven seas is the way to go.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heh. I think I must have gotten an alien implant in the last month, every TSA scanner I went through showed something in my left shoulder. I got patted and wanded every time.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Heh. I think I must have gotten an alien implant in the last month, every TSA scanner I went through showed something in my left shoulder. I got patted and wanded every time.

Why not work with your doctor to investigate this anomoly in your left shoulder? Feign pain if you must for an MRI.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

If I've actually got some metal in there (not sure how) an MRI would be the last thing I'd want.

Well, I guess it would resolve the thing by either burning it out or yanking it out.

I'm thinking maybe I got some metal filing in there somewhere from the machine shop but damned if I can spot it. It doesn't show up on the x-ray machine, just the millimetrics.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Your post tells me that most Americans have no problem being felt up in airports now, if they don't want to be irradiated and have their nekkid picture looked at by weirdos. They have gotten you to accept that gross invasion of privacy and the "guilty until proven innocent" premise without so much as a whimper.

The sheep do not mind being fleeced one bit, as long as the fleecer is using the back of their hand. YIKES.

I have refused to fly since 2003 because of this nonsense. I don't give a crap how far I have to drive, I refuse to be either irradiated or felt up by some TSA flunkie.

If you think it's going to stop in airports, you have another thing coming. Get ready for random road checkpoint searches and having somebody's back of their hand caressing your nether regions, while mobile x-ray scanners circle your car checking for "contraband".

So glad you feel safe in this invasive, freedomless environment.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have been through Tampa Bay airport and have only had the metal detector and then been patted down. When I have been to Vegas three time now in the last three years I have had to go through the scanners followed by a pat down. I have never had a bad time with the tsa, or have I seen someone have a problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Most abductees remove their implants themselves, so good luck and we all need the proof that this phenomena does exist.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The TSA is so ridiculously inept, it's mind bottling. Let the airlines hire their own security.

that's what we had on 09/11
no terrorist incidents since TSA took over aviation screening. how is that 'ridiculously inept'?

ps; perhaps you mean mind 'boggling'?
edit on 28-12-2012 by works4dhs because: clarify

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I was being sort of tongue-in-cheek about the implant, although I did set off every mm scanner I went through on the way home, all in the left shoulder.

I work for They® at least indirectly, and while I guess they could have drugged the vending machines and stuck something in me, although there's no hole or mark, it would have been nice if They'd® have used that instead of me having to use that pesky RFID badge.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Your post tells me that most Americans have no problem being felt up in airports now, if they don't want to be irradiated and have their nekkid picture looked at by weirdos. They have gotten you to accept that gross invasion of privacy and the "guilty until proven innocent" premise without so much as a whimper.

The sheep do not mind being fleeced one bit, as long as the fleecer is using the back of their hand. YIKES.

I have refused to fly since 2003 because of this nonsense. I don't give a crap how far I have to drive, I refuse to be either irradiated or felt up by some TSA flunkie.

If you think it's going to stop in airports, you have another thing coming. Get ready for random road checkpoint searches and having somebody's back of their hand caressing your nether regions, while mobile x-ray scanners circle your car checking for "contraband".

So glad you feel safe in this invasive, freedomless environment.

I actually don't agree with the added measures. I don't like the scanners and pat downs are an invasion of privacy. I was fine with the old method, I understand that it's important that people don't bring certain items on board and the old method worked just fine.

I love freedom, don't get me wrong. I had to fly in this case. I prefer driving or sailing as well.
The 4th amendment is very important to us all. They all are and yes, the gov is slowly taking them away from us.

In my case, I wasn't traveling with anything that might cause a problem. When flying there is sometimes the option of sending stuff through the mail to meet you. In this case, Christmas presents.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

No.

I mean mind bottling, like when your mind is trapped in a bottle.

ETA: No incidents?!

The "underwear bomber" the "shoe bomber"
They let that guy get TATP on an airplane!

I accidentally carried multitool on 4 flights caked with explosives, and I mean caked. I could have scraped together a charge big enough to blow out a window. Or if I had realized and been up to no good I could have taken out landing gear.
edit on 28-12-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No.

I accidentally carried multitool on 4 flights caked with explosives, and I mean caked. I could have scraped together a charge big enough to blow out a window. Or if I had realized and been up to no good I could have taken out landing gear.

no deaths, no explosions, no damage, no casualties. The measures implemented prevented the bad guys from succeeding, and the lessons learned have prevented additional attempts.
99% of our job is preventative. It is impossible to know how many incidents have been averted.
we have to balance the needs and desires of the public for safety, with their needs and desires for convenience. There is no perfect system but I submit what we're doing now is working.
at least that's how my bottled mind sees it

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Surprised you got through, long before 9/11 I used to use my old Army tote bag as a carryon, because it was tough canvas with good zippers and just the right size. It used to be full of det cord, C4 and possibles. When the nitrate sniffers went in, they grabbed both me and bag out of the line and did a big swab down.

I had to retire it, even though it was 10 years past having anything in it. Was real surprised enough was left to find.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wish that we would actually profile people instead of letting the tsa run amok. If we actually emulated Israel and their airport procedures, then we would actually be countering terrorism, but as the process now stands, you can not convince me that we are doing anything but conditioning a generation to cow tail to authority

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

No.

no deaths, no explosions, no damage, no casualties. The measures implemented prevented the bad guys from succeeding, and the lessons learned have prevented additional attempts.
99% of our job is preventative. It is impossible to know how many incidents have been averted.
we have to balance the needs and desires of the public for safety, with their needs and desires for convenience. There is no perfect system but I submit what we're doing now is working.
at least that's how my bottled mind sees it

Yes, because there was a hijacking like every three weeks prior to 9/11. You all remember that, right?

I actually think watchitburn raises an interesting point here. I've heard of far more shady stuff happening on planes after 9/11 than I remember hearing about for the decade or so before it.

I'm really not so sure all the extra security is making us a ton safer. And that's not to say it's all bad, either. I think something like Air Marshalls were always a great idea.
edit on 29-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join