It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's my DEC 21st, 2012 prediction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, it's actually a prediction for the spring of 2013 but it's based on the 2012 phenomenon. Here it is,

In the spring of 2013, I predict we will see a sharp increase in defaults on student loans and credit card debt, as well as an increase in bankruptcies. After thinking more about this issue, I will also predict an increase in suicides as well as homicides, although I hate to think of such things.

I base this prediction on a theory I have about the whole 2012 phenomenon being either a massive psy-op, or just promoted by those who like to see others scared rather then empowered.

The idea is that some people are trying to keep us down.
When people are led to believe that the end is near, it can change them.
It can change their habits, their attitudes, and their ability to plan for the future.

I wonder how many people racked up their credit cards or maxed out student loans in anticipation that the end would come Dec 21st, 2012. How many others made similar stupid decisions over the last year? How many people were not planning on being here for 2013? How will they deal with it?

If the 2012 thing wasn’t a psy-op, I’m pretty sure something similar will be in the future. I mean just look at the effect it had on people.
Those people who maxed out credit cards or made bad decisions like that are now at a disadvantage to the rest of us who have been planning. They will also likely have a lowered self-esteem and generally be kicking themselves in the butt. Can I say butt?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This fiasco showed one thing only in my eyes: the world is greatly in need of some basic education and the internet is a powerful tool for lies and the dramatic. The mainstream media did hit on the topic but only for ratings. Popular culture is always a target for a media story and most of us should be smart enough to know that we need to take them with a grain of salt even if the topic is a bit crackpot or in line with our personal beliefs. I believe the only psy op here performed was by the people who believed in some crack pot theories and 'psyched' themselves and others out by spreading biased, regurgitated information. I also believe that many who made some easy money off this are going to have to work harder for the next doomsday.
edit on 28-12-2012 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Homicides, people taking their lives, credits card maxing out, etc is nothing new. All these things will continue to happen until the world stops spinning.

Better get use to it because it's part of life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Homicides, people taking their lives, credits card maxing out, etc is nothing new. All these things will continue to happen until the world stops spinning.

Better get use to it because it's part of life.

Lol brings up an Ellen Degeneres stand up I saw once talking about anti depressant commercials:
"Feeling sad, worn out, stressed or just blue?"
"Well YEAH im ALIVE!"

This 2012 event I have to admit was a pretty interesting look into people today and their own ability to brainwash themselves....we honestly need no higher power to do it for us, we've become good at it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The trouble is that mainstream is already predicting that there will be major big name business casualties in the same time period, so even if 21st December was a money making scam, it was a flop. People just did not go daft enough this Christmas.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Brainwashing is pretty much what these people have been doing. Remember all the countless videos we seen all year about 2012 end of the world crap people want others to believe? People do it for.the fame and glory and how many people have committed suicides over this? Well those idiots who invested their time making all those doomsday videos and threads should be proud of themselves for the weak minded for believing in them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Yeah. Also all the 2012 shows that popped up on the discovery and history channels.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I wonder how many people racked up their credit cards or maxed out student loans in anticipation that the end would come Dec 21st, 2012. How many others made similar stupid decisions over the last year? How many people were not planning on being here for 2013? How will they deal with it?

You gotta have zero brain in your head thinking that this will happen. Do people actually do this?
I mean, I recall the 80's when nearly all news reports were about a possible nuclear war between the US and USSR.
Luckily I learnt who the real evil mofos are and how to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

Originally posted by IndieA

You gotta have zero brain in your head thinking that this will happen. Do people actually do this?
I mean, I recall the 80's when nearly all news reports were about a possible nuclear war between the US and USSR.
Luckily I learnt who the real evil mofos are and how to deal with it.

So, how do you deal with them?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If someone was dumb enough to rack up their credit card because they believed the world was going to end on the 21st, then they are dumb enough to rack up their credit card for a million other reasons as well.

No psyop needed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

This fiasco showed one thing only in my eyes: the world is greatly in need of some basic education and the internet is a powerful tool for lies and the dramatic.

Truer words were never spoken... well, they probably were, but yours are right up there.

Critical thinking is a thing of the past, sad to say. In the days leading up the 21 December, I kept thinking of Nefermore, on ATS Live, as regards posters who claimed that Nibiru would be crashing into the Earth on the basis of lens flares in photographs, saying "people, stop being stupid." Didn't change anything, though, there were still those who thought a planet or second sun would appear out of nowhere to destroy the Earth.

top topics

join