It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difficulty in Unifying Spirituality/Philosophy/Science

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
Lets start with science. Science must be able to measure reality.

But it cannot. It can only ever measure "percieved" reality based on the information at hand. Scientific "facts" often get updated when new information comes to light. Therefore, the "reality" of Science is just the philosophy of "reality".

Add "spirituality" to the equation and the philosophy of scientific reality becomes even more open to interpretation.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wrote about the body as one, separated by "modes of thought" but not separate people. In a sense, you are born a scientist, which is a "mode" of thought, separate from spirituality.
edit on 29-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by p3ac3fulwa77ior
The spiritual plane is non physical, and is made up of only energy.

So....how does energy affect the physical - in fact, we physically harness and manipulate energy to serve our physical needs - if it is non-physical? Maybe you need to consider a different "substance" altogether when contemplating the spiritual realm?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by p3ac3fulwa77ior
The spiritual plane is non physical, and is made up of only energy.

So....how does energy affect the physical - in fact, we physically harness and manipulate energy to serve our physical needs - if it is non-physical? Maybe you need to consider a different "substance" altogether when contemplating the spiritual realm?

Maybe 'physicality' is a more dense form of the one 'thing'/substance that is?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
I think that science is more accepting of spirituality than spirituality is of science.
edit on 28-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

From my perspective I would argue that spirituality is without a doubt more accepting of science than science of spirituality. I see many religious and spiritual beings who are adapting scientific discoveries into their current belief system. I see this as the need to find balance between the physical and non-physical where one can be wholly satisfied with one's perspective.

Science on the other hand never adapts spirituality into their beliefs simply because it is not scientific, it is not tangible, not physical. Now, the science I speak of is the extreme of science, or the polarity on one end of the spectrum between science and spirituality, or the physical and non-physical. Now one is capable of looking at spirituality scientifically, which is what many are doing now, and also capable of looking at science spiritually.

The idea of philosophy that is spoken of here in this thread could be inferred as a point somewhere in between these two polarities, as philosophy is not bound by physical, nor non-physical. Currently humanity is so fixed on the one, or the other and it is not simply one or the other, it is the EVERYTHING that lies between the one or the other. The reason duality exists is so that the universe does not have to be one or the other, but can attempt to balance itself between two points so that EVERYTHING may be experienced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join