It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Reaches 500 Murders in 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I will tell you what tho that the threat of having a concealed weapon does deter crime. I used to work in the Loop in downtown Chicago and lived in the north gold coast area...on my first day in Chicago I worked late (CME) and took the El Train to the stop into an alley near the iconic "Chicago" theatre to go around the corner to make the subway connection for the final leg home. As I came off the platform I had a tall dark black man (yes I am white but this is not a racist comment, I just being desciptive of the facts) come right towards me out of nowhere. I was well dressed (Burberry trench coat, nice suit, etc) and a good target (altho over 6 ft and 200 #s)...as he continued to approach me my spidey sense went up and I expected a robbery attempt. I gave him that Clint Eastwood squinty stare as I reached subconsciously into my breast suit pocket to make sure that my credit card case was there....When he saw me reach into my coat he took one more half step forward and at 3 paces from me made a right angle turn away from me and left....it wasn't until I reflected later that I realized that he must have thought I was grabbing a concealed gun (which I did not have) and he instinctively decided to abort. Chalk up one for the appearance of Concealed Carry (CC).
edit on 29-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

i live in little village. its not that bad. but down a block or two from me is a little sketch. # gose down here all the time but its mainly gang on gang type stuff. to be honest when i come home from work around midnight my area is DEAD cept for the mexican resturante that dose kareoke late nights!

<< 1   >>

join