It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your Username Mean To You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mine's pretty basic. Intrepid:

fearless; daring; bold

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Oh, and I've owned 3 of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My username has evolved from one meaning to another.
When I joined it was chosen because it summed up how I felt about my sheltered life and abusive relationship.
With my little bit of internet experience at that time it was a good play on a familiar online term.

At this moment in time it means I have become more private, in a good way.
Funny thing is wherever I see my username in any form offline It grabs my attention as it has become a part of my identity, even when I'm not here.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Oh, and I've owned 3 of them.

OK that's funny...always wondered if you did...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
After being reincarnated twice, I decided on the latest incarnation, because if you look through a telescope or a good pair of Binocs, at the constellation Orion....you will know something so beautiful, that you will forever bear witness.

Orion points to something, but that is another story.
Great thread OP, you think .

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i think if you read my signature it should give you the answer

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

theres a saying in our area/HOUSE
1st the worst
2nd the best
3rd the dirtydonkey

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

heres one for today
and one for tomorrow

and these should see you through 2013

ps hope your up in spirit all my love and thoughts are with you

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Care to share the story of what this Orion constellation points to? Message me with it if you like.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Mine is a track called Jericho from my favorite band; The Prodigy, from their debut album; Experience, released in 1992.

So I just added the 'X' to make it original. Well.. It was original when I started using the name 10 years ago

And I found this little devil that kind of fitted with the name, as the lyrics are "The horns of Jericho" .
Double meaning as I also make music

edit on 31/12/12 by Jericho-X because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2012 by Saucerwench because: Decided to self censor due to adult content and psychological nudity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mine is a gamertag that I thought would work here when I first joined

As time went by people began associating it with some power-trip or that I was thinking i'm like godlike or something lol..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Where does it come from?

The Boondock Saints. Not sure if you've ever seen it or heard about it. It's a great movie that I love the concept of. Two spiritual people that believe in good and justice, said out to be vigilantes by killing off members of the mafia, mass murderers, etc. I recommend it. One brother has Veritas tattooed on his hand, while the other has Aequitas on his opposite hand. Veritas is latin for truth, while Aequitas means justice, or equality.

What does that source mean to you?

I'm probably the biggest lovedog/pacifist there is. I would never hurt anybody, it's not in my spiritual code. However, evil awakens that 'dark side' of myself, much like a vigilante, and I rebel and seek to destroy darkness wherever it may exists. Sort of turning the cheek from my solar face, to my lunar one. You fight fire with fire. I wonder sometimes if it may be a bad flaw, but I don't think so. It's only evil or bad people that would have to worry about me wanting to harm them; but if I did, I would attack them like they would attack others. Similar to a movie on Netflix called Boy Wonder. Great movie.

What were you thinking when you typed it?

I had the movie in mind, however I do enjoy Latin, but also because of my Avatar. I consider myself a Theosophist in terms of spirituality, and it falls right in line with my 'code'.

How does it reflect you as a person?

Truth, justice, and equality are conditions on which I live my life. Not been one to be a liar unless I was afraid my parents were gonna beat me to death for something xD "Did YOU EAT THIS ICE CREAM?!?!?!?"
"I don't know what you are talking about..." As far as justice and equality goes; there is no reason to ever hurt anybody, and on the premise that you hurt me and my Kin, I take 'An eye for an eye' to the grave.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Oh yes. I understood that much. To be honest, I've always admired your work here. Your avatar and username signify a lot of things I have great respect for.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
B1rd1nFL1ghT (bird in flight) has several meanings to me. It's partly a childhood nick-name given by my grandparents. It has stuck to this day. Everyone calls me some version of this birdlike nick-name. I guess it fits well because I tend to be rather "flighty" a lot of the time. My favorite dreams are ones where I'm flying and see the whole world below me. The spelling has significance as well, but I can't give everything away.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join