It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your Username Mean To You?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
[snip]
It is just my name and because Alexander was taken I added 1111. Pretty boring I guess...

Boring? You want boring?

My name's Mike and when I joined I couldn't think of anything clever (and probably haven't since, either), so I thought, "Okay, ummmm... Just... Mike."

It was easier without the dots.

edit on 29/12/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I live in Kentucky and my hair is red...sort of...more white than red now...but I'm KYRed...not KYWhite, not yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I love red hair. I love black hair more though.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I picked my SN to not be obvious and wanted something that most people wouldn't know what it meant. Plus the correct answer doesn't usually show up in a search engine answer. So just me being mysterious nothing more.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

My name (Caladonea) is usually spelled (Caledonia); I spelled it my way.

It is a nick-name of mine and is Latin in origin; it means (from Scotland).

I have quite a bit of Scottish blood in me; so thus the nick-name!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Mine is the first username I ever used. I joined a chess website and figured the name would
provoke a few challenges. In the early web days there weren't many opponents...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

daaskapital

Where does it come from? A 90's Australian TV series based around the best comedy trio on Earth!

What does that source mean to you? The Doug Anthony All Stars revitalised Australian comedy...it should mean everything to every Australian.

What were you thinking when you typed it? How cool DAAS are.

How does it reflect you as a person? I'm Australian, so the name and the trio that go along with it reflects the general Australian attitude and our sense of humour.

Here are some of their comedy songs:

Some serious songs (originals and covers):

edit on 29-12-2012 by daaskapital because: fix

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

And the red hair.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

these are some good posts.
great thread too

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, my name is Alan, a coworker used to greet me with my moniker, I always thought it was funny sooooooo...here I am. Beyond the meanings, which some have deep, and some like mine have almost none, I always wander what said nicknames make other people see...meaning, what do others think we look like when reading our posts.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My username is the name I am called...Mamabeth!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mine contains my favorite letter.

Sorry, it doesn't go deeper then that. lol

Though I have been told it sounds like a stripper name.

Only about 3 ATSers have figured out where it is from though.
edit on 29-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
At the risk of being too obvious....

Mine is the story of a man, his dog, and their life changing adventure in the Alaskan wilderness, which taught them both the meaning of life and created bonds that would transcend this lifetime....

Actually the last four letters of my last name are "Heff" and that is what I am predominantly called in my real life ( first name is John... so yeah. When you're named John you get kind of used to things like new jobs where the first thing anyone ever says is "We've already got 8 Johns here.... Let's see... you need a nickname... Oh, your last name. Can we just call you "Heff"?" ) Over the years I've just accepted that this happens, always and got used to thinking of myself as "Heff".

Anyway... the "icide" part?

About five or six years ago, I realized I didn't much like myself. I'd turned into all the things I had hated when I was young and idealistic. I worked too hard, focused too much on wealth, dismissed and ignored the people who mattered, and was way too self-indulgent ( Work hard means playing hard too - or so I told myself. So, because i was willing to work 90 hours a week I felt entitled to make every free moment I had totally about me. )

Thus, I began to see "Heff" as a negative. A bad persona. A mask, if you will.

Add the latin suffix for "to kill" and you get Hefficide - a symbolic name to always remind me that I am not that guy any longer.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What a profound post! Thank you for sharing that with us! It's one thing to be honest with the world, but another thing entirely to be honest within. The easiest lie to swallow is the one we tell to ourselves. It's good to see that you've come to terms with your flaws and evolved.

This is what I was looking for in this thread. How each username is connected to the soul, a tiny piece of who we really are. A way for everyone else to understand what we're all about, and maybe respect us a little more for it. Thank you.
edit on 29-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mountain Laurel is a beautiful shrub/small tree that grows wild in many places. I'm facinated by plants, studied Horticulture in college, and have worked in the flower business most of my adult life. This particular plant has some medicinal purposes for several types of skin problems and is said to ease arthritus...it should only be used topically, DO NOT INGEST it.

My original avatar was a pic of the mountain laurel......my current avatar was designed for me by some talented friends in the avatar creations thread....LOL....actually I'm a blonde, but I'd like to think I have a little Indian Maiden iin my soul...

edit on 29-12-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Charmeine is the name of an angel - angel of peace and harmony. After a tough couple of years battling illnesses, it was something I needed in my life. As a musician, everyone used to call me Diva - guess I just grew out of that nickname eventually. So it was time for a change

Okay confession time. My former nickname was actually dirtydiva...yep it was time for a change

edit on 29-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Mine username is self explanatory...

And yes, I am still asking myself "Why am I Here?"

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
From the Bhagavat Gita (Sanskrit) Chapter IV - 7 & 8

yada yada hi dharmasya
glanir bhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam srjamy aham

paritranaya sadhunam
vinasaya ca duskrtam
dharma-samsthapanarthaya
sambhavami yuge yuge

Approximate English translation

Whenever there is decay
of righteousness O! Bharatha
And a rise of unrighteousness
then I manifest Myself!

For the protection of the good,
for the destruction of the wicked and
for the establishment of righteousness,
I advent Myself age after age.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Since the username "Vulture" is usually taken just about everywhere I go,
I took the "IR" part from a character in the now classic cartoon "ImWeasel", and stuck it on the front...

As for the "Vulture" part,

As an orphaned young man of 17 living on my own,
I couldn't afford a good car, or new parts to fix whatever I could find to drive...

So I spent most of my free time circling the dead "car" bodies at the junkyard looking for parts.

Oddly enough, I sorta miss those days,
It amazes me how a little education and determination, got me where I am today.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I know what you mean about the "John" thing, I have the same problem....

So I tell them they can call me "Johnny5"

After THIS guy..

Hey, I think I've found a new avater idea!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join