It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Your Username Mean To You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Everything we do reveals something about who we are. Not just our political affiliations, our spiritual paths, or nation of origin. It reveals how we think, what makes us happy, what we dream of becoming, and what we've been through. I've heard it said that names hold power, and I'd like the members of ATS to share with each other exactly why they chose their usernames.

Where does it come from?
What does that source mean to you?
What were you thinking when you typed it?
How does it reflect you as a person?

I thought it would make for a very interesting and enlightening discussion, a way for us all to get to know each other a little better. Isn't that what it's all about?

I'll start off. My username (obviously) is AfterInfinity. This name, to me, is symbolic of the circle, a visual representation of how nothing ever ends, it only changes direction and purpose. And in the end, if given enough time, everything will came back to itself. This idea means a lot to me because of the endless opportunities of creation it presents. No matter how far you go, there will always be more to do.

Now it's your turn. Have fun!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mine is a personification of my blood-thirsty warrior spirit.

Or I let me wee son pick a name and I like bunnies. I enjoy the dichotomy.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Mine means I love pickles.

(mine is obvious)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your son picked that name? That's cool.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

What's not obvious is why you enjoy drums.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Because i am a guitar player,drums is my third instrument.
I also play pickle in a hillbilly band.

edit on 28-12-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yup. Though I picked out the horrific, blood-thirsty, soul-shredding avi.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I try and pick them on a very deep subconscious level. They usually dont reveal their meaning to me until some time has passed and my persona becomes self evident. Each screen name I have had influences how I post and what I focus on. Especially here on ATS, but everywhere really. I have rarely decided on a screen name before hand. It all happens when I get to that little box....

It is like trying to set a random password even you cant figure out.

For me, each one I have ever had teaches me a little more about myself. Even this one, zed VS Zardoz will one day be gone. So far Zed has taught me about my emotions. Humor, humanity, and my place in the grand comedy and how I really feel about that.

"I am the wizard slayer Zed. I kill the immortals who have grown bored with infinity and set them free. A primitive man who learned the ways of old, and freed himself and his people form the imposed violence of a false god. "

LOL.....My name and first avatar were taken from a trippy 70´s movie called Zardoz.

this is Zed

Sean Connery with no pants sporting really long hair........nice.

edit on 28-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Mine is from Venus in Furs... the Velvet Underground song, but in fact was a character in a book of the same name.... Severin was basically a slave, but in a weird S&M kind of way, he enjoyed being degraded by the women he loved...
hmmm.

Excuse me Mods - Is it too late to change my username

link   
Sadly there isn't much meaning behind my name
if i could go back and do it all again i would, although i would probably reach the same end. My PSN account got screwed up and i couldn't retrieve my old user name and every name i tried was used, so out of frustration i just started typing in the weirdest sh*t i could think of and DIRTY-_-DONKEY worked, and so it was from that day forward i continued my online alter ego as the Dirty D. and since im not creative at all and have a horrible memory, when i signed up here i just stuck with what i know. Usually gets a chuckle every now and again, so its good for something i guess.

I told my wife i picked that name because i mastered a combination of a dirty Sanchez and donkey punch and refer to it as the dirty donkey.
she wasn't impressed

Dirty-D
edit on 28-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

link   
i just use my last name

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
tanda7 is two people. We spend so much time together, we did not see the need to have two accounts. T is him, A is her. Some of our friends call us T and A when they refer to us as a unit. We just put the 7 in there because we like that number and we thought it sounded more interesting.

Good idea for a thread, we wonder the same thing about many usernames.

edit on 28-12-2012 by tanda7 because: sap

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Mine is a Greek variation of my name

I chose it because it represents my desire to live in Greece one day and go by it. Which with my budget will most likely never happen..
A girl can dream right? Lol
For now my username will satisfy me.

The numbers are also special to me because they represent the best day of my life, when I came into this crazy world.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
i just use my last name

But check out what your name means...

Donahue is Gaelic in origin, having morphed from the clan name “Ó Donnchadha.” “O” means “grandson of” and Donnchadha was a given name related to Duncan. “Donn” meant “brown-haired man” and “cath” meant “battle,” so the name may be interpreted as “brown-haired fighter” or simply “dark fighter.” “Donn” may also mean “chieftain.”[1] The surname Donahue may be traced back to the county Kerry in southwestern Ireland.

WikiName

Pretty cool I'd say

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Neo

Meaning new from the Ancient Greek neos
( nothing what so ever to do with that certain sci fi movie )

Crusader

From crusade

a vigorous and dedicated action or movement in favour of a cause
Or
a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end

Nothing what so ever to do with the crusades or my involvement in the ME or percieved religious conflicts

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My user name depends on how you pronounce it:
GONE JOA (as in I'm outta here)
GUN JOA (Obviously, if you've read my posts)
GANJO - A (Canadian inflection)
GANJOA (Jamaican inflection)
What does it mean to me?
It's a moniker, handle, avatar, or as I typically refer to it a "persona".
I've always adopted various personae in the "real world" whenever the need arise, whether for work or play.
For me it's like "the method" in acting, which I've just about always practiced throughout life depending on circumstances.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Mine was easy. Been using it for over 10 years online.

Comes from Jabba himself in ROTJ.
Basically means a JEDI with Job's luck from the Bible.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Wasn't Doctor Severin also a character in the original Star Trek episode about the planet "Eden"?
At the time (1966-68) the episode was a campy commentary on the hippy movement....

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mine's my best friend... A 5 year old chocolate-brown Flatcoat Retriever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by Severin

Wasn't Doctor Severin also a character in the original Star Trek episode about the planet "Eden"?
At the time (1966-68) the episode was a campy commentary on the hippy movement....

ganjoa

Great!!

It just keeps getting better

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join