It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your ideal partner?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A woman who self-infates and vends curry and beer.

I'll do the housework...not fussy.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

My ideal partner would have interests and hobbies of her own. To have the same interests and hobbies means that we'd be in each other's face all the time. I've always believed that if two best friends were locked in a room for six months, at the end of that time only one would walk out alive. People need space.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All her teeth, or no teeth! And just got her retraining stitches out lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree entirely. I am a solitary person. I really enjoy my own thoughts. My wife and I are completely different. I was a beers in the park, loud rock music Guy as a teen, she was a prissy go to a club, diva fan. We have both mellowed out. She still doesn't like what I do for amusement nor I her. It is great. We are free.

I have never even thought of saying no to something she wanted to do. We each have our space and freedom. When we are together it is quality time or family time. When we are not, no big deal. We are around eachother.

I post on ATS with head phones on, do computer stuff, what ever, she watches girl TV or does what ever it is she does when we are in leisure mode. We cuddle every now and again or what not when it feels right.

That is why I can grow old with her. Good friend, good lover, my opposite, and she respects my space.
We don't get sappy out of insecurities produced by too much idle time together.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wealthy Bisexual Identical twin Pharmacist Gourmet cooks with a Lingerie fetish. Too much?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

add to that list, professional masseuse, kamasutra proponent sex counselor, contortionist, and owner of large international hotel/ resort chain and you have just asked for "enough".

Throw in brewer /martial arts instructor and you just met God´s female incarnation.
edit on 29-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There is the person you take home for the night, and the person you take home for life, and they can be completely opposite.

I will admire a nice set of athletic shoulders and a six pack on a male. But I like my partner to have a little meat on him.

As long as you are not being disrespectful, a healthy couple can accpet that their partner simply looks.

My case is a little different. My stbxh is the worlds only nose man. LOL

I have a perky, unique little nose. He also likes eyes like mine. Knowing that, I can instantly pick out what actress he finds attractive.

For my partner for life, I like a 50/50 man. Who can take care of his own home, who can clean along with me. And he has a great sense of humor. And is a hard worker like my father. What I mean by that is my father is a poor, blue collar worker. But he is the kind that will throw up everyday that he doesn't have a job till he gets back to work. Those situations are rare.

You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get to work.

edit on 29-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

My ideal partner would have interests and hobbies of her own. To have the same interests and hobbies means that we'd be in each other's face all the time. I've always believed that if two best friends were locked in a room for six months, at the end of that time only one would walk out alive. People need space.

jiggerj, my husband and I have made it a game! Whoever lives longest without filing for a divorce WINS!
Since both of us are very competitive and neither of us likes to lose I don't foresee a divorce in our future. A death in the family? Maybe, but no divorce!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by jiggerj

jiggerj, my husband and I have made it a game! Whoever lives longest without filing for a divorce WINS!
Since both of us are very competitive and neither of us likes to lose I don't foresee a divorce in our future. A death in the family? Maybe, but no divorce!

That sounds really good! I guess what I'm saying is, Stay interesting to your partner. It sounds like you're doing this.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
One thing I really really hate is that the conservative down to earth style, like the 70s, is getting so rare. Now the style is getting very superficial and high maintanenance like they have to treat themselves like models every day, it is the opposite of the 70s when it was mostly all natural beauty. This whole new trend is not ideal for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been thinking over this question a lot lately.

So here is my answer.

Real as in not afraid to show her true self.
No hiding of feelings just to please me.

Intelligent. Can have a true conversation about any topic.

Loves me as much as I love her.

Open to free thought no matter of my opinions.

And someone who truly feels deeply about things and expresses it openly.

Looks only matter if the inside is as nice as the outside.

And last but most important. Someone who truly believes that love is something that doesn't fade but sometimes requires effort. That if you can just walk when times are hard then there was never any real love at all.
To see love as a real thing that can't be truly broken and can't just be turned off at will.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
An honest, genuine, amusing learner. Just like me

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Someone in control of their money/finances. I don't mean this in a gold digger way.
I've been with more than a few men who have had some little vice that they liked to spend their money on, be it books, DVDs, video games, gadgets or technology or even drugs...
And a large percent of those men also would spend money to such an extent on these things that they would find themselves short for rent, or food, or payments for other things.
One thing I don't appreciate is having to use the money I'd been saving for a holiday, to bail out some guy I'd only been with for two months because debtors were harassing him for money (more fool me, I know, but hey, he was my boyfriend and I wasn't going to let him flounder).

If you've got your s#*t together financially, you can save money but also know when it's ok to spend it, then that's all good in my book.

Someone who is independent but knows when to be around.
I am a pretty independent gal, and I like to sit and read quietly, or I might like to sit and play a video game for a couple of hours. If a guy has his own interests that he would like to pursue while I am indisposed, that's awesome. Even better if he shares those same interests. If he wants to sit and read while I read, cool. If he wants to sit and watch me play a video game, that's good too. If he wants to play a game with me... he better know what he's doing

Someone who reads.
In my opinion, there is nothing more unattractive than someone who doesn't read. It's not cool if you think that reading is lame. I prefer a guy with a bigger book collection than a bigger you-know-what.

Someone who takes care of them self.
I'm not saying I want someone who looks like Magic Mike. I'm not even saying I want someone who works out. I just want someone who is aware of themselves and will take pride in their appearance. Someone who brushes their teeth twice a day, and brushes their hair once in a while.
That'll do me

Someone who has their own tastes but appreciates any differences.
To me, there is nothing more irritating than being with someone who is a carbon copy of me. I can't stand myself at the best of times, why would I want to be with someone just like me?

It's cool if we don't have everything in common, I'm not going to bombard you with all the crap I like, I hope you won't do the same. However, I would like someone to at least try, and I would be happy to try too.

No religion or overt politicalness.
I'm not religious. At all. In fact, I very much don't like religion in general. I'm actually more tolerant of politics than I am of religion. That said, if you're an active member of a political party, that's a no-go for me too. I'm totally cool with having a political affiliation, a party that you agree with and support. But I'd rather not know about it. Too many arguments in life, in the world over, are about religion, and politics. They are the two things people disagree on most. So it's best to not delve to deeply on those matters.

Social nut-working.
Someone who doesn't waste time on social networking. I know it's a tall order in this day and age. Twitter is ok, because it's less personal, and there seems to be no drama on there. But Facebook drama crap, I'm done with.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

you sound like an excellent person who deserves an excellent partner. Good mind.

It is nice to see people who know what they want.

I think that to be a big factor in actually being with someone that will make you happy instead of trying to change people according to your evolving sense of what you THINK you want.

Great responses thus far.

If he wants to sit and watch me play a video game, that's good too. If he wants to play a game with me... he better know what he's doing

YES, absolutely true....lol
edit on 31-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
How would you describe them?

I've never been able to choose whom I'm attracted to... there's been blonde, darkhaired, redhaired... skinny, fat, muscular... asian, black, white... My OH was however (and still is) the most handsome man I've ever seen when I first laid eyes on him. Broad sholders, slim waist (not anymore! Hahahaha!), black hair (now beautiful grey), rugged... looked so out of place in his suit, but so comfortable in it at the same time. Basically the only thing I could think of was "I want"... and I got!
He moved in with me a few days later and we've been together since.

Someone once (on a date... and I had the major hots for this guy! But I know it was just my ovaries talking, the guy was an arse) asked me what I looked for in a man... I answered with what I thought was what I looked for - "someone to talk to". I was wrong. I realised with OH that what I'd always wanted was someone to be quiet with. There's no uncomfortable silences... we both feel perfectly at ease when we do not converse. I love that. I love that more than anything else in our relationship... just to be able to be quiet together.

As for the eye candy... oh yes - I do enjoy eye candy! This really shocked my OH... not that I look at male eye candy, but that I'll also point out female eye candy for him! I appreciate the human beauty both in male and female form. It doesn't mean I want to jump into bed with a man just beacuse I think he's handsome (if I want to jump into bed with another man it's simply the ovaries talking again, and they're easy to ignore), nor that I'm attracted to women just beacuse I appreciate their beauty.
edit on 31-12-2012 by aspiechick because: I can spell, but my fingers clearly have a life of their own.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd like a man (man not a boy) who is sure of himself, likes the outdoors, can clean a fish and field dress a deer. Is honest, will call me on my S*&%. Has a sense of humor, reads (real books not GQ lol) , can have an intelligent conversation about a wide range of topics. Is open minded and not judgmental. Someone who will do things I enjoy doing (even if they don't
) and share with me their interests and hobbies, but at the same time has their own hobbies so we can each have our "me" time, also I like a man who can get down and dirty, no pretty boys. I like dirty men (in more ways then one
) lol and now I need to stop, maybe this wasn't such a good idea to post after three margaritas........ oh well happy new year ATS!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Happy new year, I'll have what you;re having!! Sounds perfect!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
[snip]
edit on 2-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I could make a list that starts with "sex addict" but I won't.

but ..

it would be a good start

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ah if only.
Lets see:
Red hair (not ginger), green eyes, slim, not too large chested. Has a passion for something, unique, quirky, emotionally driven. Tattoos, preferable back or lower stomach. Fair to say ive thought about this before

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join