It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook affidavits remain sealed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I doubt this is even remotely legal, trying to keep a parent from being able to see and verify the body of a deceased loved one. On what grounds? For 'their own good"? Parents have a right to decide what is for their own good and if peace of mind can come no other way than viewing the deceased (and possibly taking a DNA sample) then nothing should stand in the way of this basic right.

There are no more rights because we don't COLLECTIVELY demand them. So they make it up as they go, one outrage after another, and people are more or less forced to go along with it because no one steps up to support them.

Who is the father supposed to sue for denying the family's rights, and who will hear the case? The same system that denied those rights in the first place Not to mention that even if he won a case against them, it would be OVER by then and then he'd have to sue again to get her exhumed in order to see the body.

As far as DNA goes, who does that? Oh yeah, the same folks who want to use DNA tests to prove Adam had an "evil gene".

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

the only people that should have an interest are immediate family members

the rest of us should move on

Well what brings you here, are you an immediate family member?

or...(Move along, move along, nothing to see here)...

Actually this story is EXTREMELY important as was pointed out, not just because of the shear enormous tragedy of it, but because it looks like it will be attempted to be used to try and disarm America, and to further bolster the post 9-11 growth of the Orwellian 24/7 surveillance and security state. Just as was predicted by so many alert and astute students of history, right on schedule and right on cue.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I have been googling for a half an hour and it has not yet been legally made clear. Certain states have funeral home laws, and some of those require that the body be able to viewed if the next of kin requests so. I am sure that someone more adept at searching through engines can find the exact laws of Connecticut.

But as someone asserted down-thread you don't have a right until you assert it and if it is illegally denied I would imagine you would have recourse in the courts.

It appears to me that the scene, witnesses, victim's families, survivors have all been controlled, to the extreme, from the beginning by the State of Connecticut. How lawful this is I do not know. There must be gag orders under seal that the victims, witnesses, et al, are convinced they must adhere to.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlow

If you are who I think you are...no...I wasn't speaking of you.

My reason for being so short with you was, I'm afraid, a symptom of what's gone on here. Perhaps I was being a little too careful but I have not seen one thread on this matter that hasn't turned into a dogs breakfast of bickering and obfuscation.

I'm sorry if you thought me rude.

Ftr...your post re: Rosseau not seeing the body was another important piece. I've collected comments from more than one family that maintain they were not allowed to see the body of the person killed.

That seems completely preposterous to me. Unheard of.

edit on 30-12-2012 by swansong19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

If anyone has material evidence to any part of this 'reported' mass shooting, I do not think any gag order would be enough to try and force them to keep quiet about it. In fact I would think they would have a LEGAL DUTY to sidestep anyone trying to brush this under the rug and make sure any vital info they have is given to the PROPER authorities. ( ie. *other* legal authorities outside the immediate loop of control, I hope all people affected are contacting lawyers)) And if they were still shut down I would think they would have a GOD given DUTY to LEAK the info out anonomously if they had to. I would imagine some lawyer is going to get ahold of this and FORCE details out in a court of law possibly under the context of some type of negligence (schools? other?). I think a trial of some kind will be the only way for the 'details' (and truth?) to ever get a *chance* of seing the light of day and maybe not even then fully.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by asinapi1
I call them rumors because unless you saw it or actually know a fact that can be validated, to me its hearsay/rumor. Call it a fallacy of my law school background.

The things they say are how horrific it was and what the shootings and victims really went through. No theories or anything. I have my theories, but none of them are about actors or deaths not really happening. My family owns a business in the area and some of the victims and news witnesses have frequented our business. So these are real people and a real tragedy.

I am respected enough to ask questions, without implying or making assumptions. I brought this up because I have talked to people close to the situation, (my sister was getting texts from parents at the scene while it was happening), and no one is offended by me asking things that don't add up. My sister in law is a teacher at the nearby school, a friend of here's was killed. But she didn't know about the car being shot up and when I showed her the pics, including the one that appears to becoming from inside the car, she was shocked.

Same thing with the license plate issue. My whole family lives and does business in the area of sandy hook and over Christmas dinner we were discussing this. They were baffled by the lack of info that they were not aware of and the inconsistencies in the reporting that I pointed out.

Basically, I liken it to when 9/11 happened, the following year I was with family in Italy and they told me things they saw on TV and what the international news was reporting. It was different from what we knew here in the states or New York.

When you say your sister was getting texts from parents at the scene, could you be more specific?
You mean from the Fire Department. Who is your sister that she was being contacted, position, not by name?

When was the reverse phone alert sent out to families?
Do you know the time?

During what time were the children evacuated? How long did it take to evac 600 students over to the FD?

TIA

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

If anyone has material evidence to any part of this 'reported' mass shooting,

I'll say this...it's just a good thing for officials that Adam Lanza is dead...because from what I've seen were he in jail they'd have to let him out for lack of evidence.

Instead now they have seized the crimes scenes "indefinitely" to continue their.....investigation.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by swansong19

I'll say this...it's just a good thing for officials that Adam Lanza is dead...because from what I've seen were he in jail they'd have to let him out for lack of evidence.

And you think you've seen all the evidence?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Well, one thing we have seen is the murder weapon, the rifle that the ME said was used to kill ALL of the victims...being mandhandled...in the trunk of Adam's (?) car. Makes no sense to me. Shouldn't that have been found in the school?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

There appears to be a lot of outside manipulation of the people of Newtown. First of all you have a group that has been formed to address gun violence in their State and in Washington DC:

NEWTOWN ——
Newtown United was born in the agony and confusion that followed the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. snip>

Group leaders are working to ensure that Newtown United grows and gains power long after the news trucks leave. Before the week was over, leaders had formed an executive team and started the process of becoming a nonprofit organization. Some members had gone to Washington to speak against gun violence. snip>

Who are these group leaders actually?

Many around the nation have offered help. The "outpouring," Cox said, "from people, companies, advertising and PR firms offering their pro-bono services and expertise has been absolutely overwhelming." snip>

Politicians have become involved and are encouraging the group to advocate for gun laws.

U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal and and Sen.-elect Chris Murphy attended the meeting Dec. 19 and advised the group to feed the fire while public sentiment is strong and raw.

There is more but I don't think I can post anymore under the rules. Here is the link to the article:

www.courant.com...

So we have a group that was hastily formed 2 days after the event. I would like to know by whom and at who's direction. They are taking advantage of a town that is in shock and grief to use them towards a political end. This group plans on having a paid staff and appears to being influenced by local representative lawmakers.

Next, we have a tightly controlled and contained information flow, with police going as far as to speak for all the families involved that they have requested NO interviews and are demanding that request be adhered to by the press.

The after-effects and actions seem to be agenda driven and highly suspicious.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinnamonHearts

Well, one thing we have seen is the murder weapon, the rifle that the ME said was used to kill ALL of the victims...being mandhandled...in the trunk of Adam's (?) car. Makes no sense to me. Shouldn't that have been found in the school?

The Bushmaster used in the killings was found in the school. It was a shotgun in the trunk.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Agreed.

I was surprised when I saw who else lives just minutes away from Newton. What a small world.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That is what the last report I read stated. Here is a snippet from a story I posted yesterday:

State police are considering partially re-creating the scene outside the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Dec. 14 as the first police officers responded to the mass shooting to try and answer a nagging question: Did Adam Lanza fire at police officers? snip>

Lanza also left a shotgun capable of firing up to 20 rounds in the trunk of the Honda that he drove to the elementary school. Police believe that Lanza, who barely weighed 110 pounds, couldn't carry the shotgun into the school because of all the other guns and ammunition he had.

There is much more in the article including the mother was shot 4 times with a 22 that was left in the home.

www.courant.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

What a coincidence??
Fuels my conspiracy mind. Actually, gives me the willies.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by swansong19

And you think you've seen all the evidence?

Actually I would say just the opposite, I don't think we've seen ANY real concrete evidence of much of anything, and just like 9-11 I doubt we will ever be given anything but an 'official' story that supports a PRE designed agenda, no matter how sloppy, illogical, and devoid of any real proof. But I still hold out hope for just ONE patriotic citizen with a little integrity (LE or other) who refuses to be gagged, cowed down, and shut up, to come forward in whatever way they can to bypass the black out and gatekeepers and honor those involved in this tragedy with what is truly deserved. THE TRUTH and nothing but the truth so help you God!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Can you post your source, please?

"4 handguns recovered inside the school, not just 2." "4 handguns and apparently only handguns."

www.dailymotion.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

At this point, it's hard to believe anything, one way or the other. What is it they're playing around with in the trunk of the car? I know nothing about guns, but considering from what I've read from people who do, it appears that's the type of gun they are saying killed the victims. Not handguns. Also, how can anyone not be disturbed by the way they're handling this "evidence"?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
From the story GrantedBail posted...

There are no plans to recreate what happened inside the school or to interview any of the students who survived, police say.

Now compare that to the statements of Lt. Vance
abcnews.go.com...

"There are many, many witnesses that need to be interviewed," Vance said. "We will not stop until we have interviewed every last one of them."
Any interviews with any children will be done with professionals...as appropriate," Vance said. "We'll handle that extremely delicately when the time arises.

Sounds like Lt. Vance is...or has been made to appear to be...a big 'ol liar.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by asinapi1
I call them rumors because unless you saw it or actually know a fact that can be validated, to me its hearsay/rumor. Call it a fallacy of my law school background.

The things they say are how horrific it was and what the shootings and victims really went through. No theories or anything. I have my theories, but none of them are about actors or deaths not really happening. My family owns a business in the area and some of the victims and news witnesses have frequented our business. So these are real people and a real tragedy.

I am respected enough to ask questions, without implying or making assumptions. I brought this up because I have talked to people close to the situation, (my sister was getting texts from parents at the scene while it was happening), and no one is offended by me asking things that don't add up. My sister in law is a teacher at the nearby school, a friend of here's was killed. But she didn't know about the car being shot up and when I showed her the pics, including the one that appears to becoming from inside the car, she was shocked.

Same thing with the license plate issue. My whole family lives and does business in the area of sandy hook and over Christmas dinner we were discussing this. They were baffled by the lack of info that they were not aware of and the inconsistencies in the reporting that I pointed out.

Basically, I liken it to when 9/11 happened, the following year I was with family in Italy and they told me things they saw on TV and what the international news was reporting. It was different from what we knew here in the states or New York.

When you say your sister was getting texts from parents at the scene, could you be more specific?
You mean from the Fire Department. Who is your sister that she was being contacted, position, not by name?

When was the reverse phone alert sent out to families?
Do you know the time?

During what time were the children evacuated? How long did it take to evac 600 students over to the FD?

TIA

Let me be clear. I am not privy to any inside info. My sister is a mother who has friends that are mothers of new town kids. She was getting texts from friends who arrived at the scene. Just chatting about things that were going on.

No one seems to have a definitive answer as to how the evacuation happened. I'm on the side of this not making sense. My exgirlfriend, whose kid goes to the school said she went to the school and picked up her son. No other details.

Its bizarre how nobody really has answers, even the people who were there.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by swansong19

I thought about that too when I read the article. I remember exactly that quote from Vance. Why all the sudden the switch-up? Why wouldn't you want to interview everyone? Just seems to me that they are keeping a tight lid on all the information that will eventually be discovered.

They also could be lying. Remember on the 14th they said they wouldn't be removing the bodies until Sunday and then spirited them away in the middle of the night on Friday/Saturday. This thing is on lockdown.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

Isn't it, though?

I find his story about bike-riding across country and ending up in downtown Aurora.
As if there weren't theatres nearer to his route biking across the Rockies is normally avoided and mile high
mountains in general.
But, whatever.

It is just rather bemusing that every story I read about this incident to bolster the official story has me more
solidly in the camp of those who do not believe it, at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join