It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Renews FISA Warrantless Wiretapping Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The U,S. Senate renewed the warrantless wiretapping program begun during the George W. Bush administration by a 73 to 23 vote today (Friday, Dec. 28, 2012) sending the FISA Amendments Act to Pres. Obama for signature.
Apologies if this has already been posted.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
People got angry at me for not being peeved about tiny pay increases to government employees.. but this is something I can be angry about.

It's directly against the constitution and should never have been allowed at all ...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm shocked ... shocked and dismayed...

After voting down three reform amendments on Thursday, the Senate continued debate on the spy bill on Friday morning. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) offered an amendment meant to force the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency to reveal how frequently they have collected Americans' communications as part of their efforts to amass intelligence on foreign targets. Even an estimate would suffice, Wyden has argued -- but the spy agencies have rebuffed his efforts to get a general number, claiming it is not possible.

edit on 12/28/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I find it disturbing that the Senate would rather chastise the House than actually legislate anything regarding the "cliff" yet they have time on the docket to pass this drivel.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The grip tightens inexorabley around the throat of the Constitution......
and the Ameican People.
The senate has a corruption all its own......these are traitors, NOT senators.........

top topics

join