It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We can see who will bear the burden of the debt and it won't be any Federal employees. It looks like the average pay increase (G7) will be around $1,000/annually.
There'll be no "sharing the burden" for D.C.
You have to figure out your own method of stealing if you want more.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Only spitting directly in my face is taken personally so you are cool. Yeah I know what you mean I worked for the state of NV doing emissions and I was one of the good guys and if I had to fail someone I would get the "you just wanted to fail me" because of all the shady businesses failing people for repairs and I would tell them if it was up to me no one would fail and I would be parachuting somewhere. That usually defused the situation. Nobody is immune from getting thrown in the barrel of bad apples from time to time I'm sure there are congress and others who whole heartly deserve their pay but most don't and such is life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
No worries. This national debt, fiscal cliff etc. etc.... is their debt, their problem. Remember, they stole the entire monetary system from us long ago. Every problem that has occurred since has been their's, not the people's.

When they took possession, like it or not, they also acquired the responsibility along with it. THEY ran our monetary system into the ground, we the people had nothing to do with it! Do YOU accept responsibility for THEIR actions? I most certainly do not! This thread HERE will help to better understand where I'm coming from!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by MrWendal

What exactly have they done to deserve a pay raise?

MrWendal, I really wish you would not paint all Government Employees, Current and Retired like myself with the above statement.
I worked for a Government agency for 30+ years and retired. The best part of my employment with our Government was, One, I enjoyed working for you, The American Public in the Federal Law Enforcement Field, Two, I met my wife while working for our Government, if I had been working for another private company, I can truly guaranty you, I would not have met her.

I received my statement today from the United States Office of Personnel Management to explain the reason my pay would be changed.
I am receiving a whole 1.7% pay increase.
I promise you, I earned my pay. Every one I know retired and still in the agency, Earns their pay.

I'm not upset, I'm Angry, You have No right to Point Figures at an entire Government Working Force.

Thats what you feds do...tell us we have "no rights" Unfortunately we DO, free speech being one of them....
And we are just a little pissed off law enforcement people keep on supporting the erosion of our constitutional rights.....
We need you to work for us, and not the federal goverment machine......you know the laws are getting more Nazified every session of both houses........
LEOs are the ones breaking their constitutional oaths constantly for those lousey pay checks and a promise of a pension.......pathetic.....we see the militarisation of the police, the escalation of deadly force against the public......we are not stupd or blind.....WACO was a wakeup.....
Once a policeman .......never a man my daddy used to say.....THEY own you......

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I am receiving a whole 1.7% pay increase. I promise you, I earned my pay. Every one I know retired and still in the agency, Earns their pay.

From this statement, some may think that you are implying that they did not earn their pay. Where are our raises for OUR hard work? Do you have to be a government employee to be rewarded for hard work?

edit on 28-12-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
From this statement, some may think that you are implying that they did not earn their pay. Where are our raises for OUR hard work? Do you have to be a government employee to be rewarded for hard work?:puz

Why don't we ask the folks on Wall St.? How about we ask Dick Armey and Freedom Works?

The economy is doing fine (this statement is entirely dependent on what you define as 'the economy'), it's the working stiff who's getting the raw end of the deal here.

Edit to add: Right now it appears that everyone's taxes are going up anyway, somewhere in the 10% range...so if it makes you feel any better; federal employees will only see -9.5% in pay.
edit on 28-12-2012 by links234 because: I forgot all about the taxes!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Check the first of my posts in this thread above. Follow the link and check out the legal documentation there. Seems legit.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The pay raises appear to be minimal at best .. $900 per year in most cases.. as much as I want to, I can't find myself angry about this... $75 per month .. $37.50 per pay check .. before taxes mind you.. hell, perhaps this will put them in a better mood so things get done..

We have far more pressing issues than a tiny pay increase

edit on 12/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

If it's such a small amount, why would they even bother? Why get people's panties in a knot for $37.50 a paycheck?

Yet people complain that CEOs still collect their fat bonuses while the workaday employee goes another year without a raise. Isn't this the same thing?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

We didn't elect the head CEO of xxx corp... And xxx corp probably isn't 15 trillion in the hole either.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I suspect that there will be more unrelated Executive Orders in the near future to make us numb to their issuance and automatic psychological acceptance - setting the stage for EOs regulating firearms methinks.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
First of all... What's the most important thing about comedy?TIMING

It's just in poor taste in his timing.
It kinda seems like he wants to make sure HIS personal employees knows he has their backs, so they should have his back, regardless of the amount.
I could be wrong. Maybe there was a news flash that if he didn't sign it right now, they could never get those benefits. LMFAO.
What a joke.

Government employees Now make more then the average private worker now.
www.foxbusiness.com...

Go ahead and make fun of the Fox report... I just grabbed one GOOGLE. YOU do it. This isn't about the source.

How can government employees that get payed by the private sector be eligable for more money then the people generating revenue, other then the IRS or DMV?

Scratching Head....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It is more about preempting Congress which has the power of the purse methinks than about granting pay raises to Congress and the Executive branch....and given that the "Legislative" branch benefited directly from the EO -despite a usurping of their power- they will not object.
edit on 28-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Giving the legislature any pay raise is an insult. If I performed as they do I would get fired.

Not really concerned about the average govt employee as they are already planning to make big cuts in personnel.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The pay raises appear to be minimal at best .. $900 per year in most cases.. as much as I want to, I can't find myself angry about this... $75 per month .. $37.50 per pay check .. before taxes mind you.. hell, perhaps this will put them in a better mood so things get done..

We have far more pressing issues than a tiny pay increase

edit on 12/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

I honestly can't see the justification behind ANY sort of pay raise, if anything, they're lucky to still have jobs for their ROYAL F*** UPS done to this country... I take it as a slap to the face. I don't care how minimal it is, they don't deserve a penny more than their ALREADY GENEROUS salary for the colossal screw ups they cause on a monthly basis...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't care who the potus is, there should be no raises for ANY government position unless that governing
body is in the green. And no politician should be making more than 80 grand a year.
It's an Honor to serve your country, not a way to make a buck. Greed is our God.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Correct me if I am wrong, but I specifically pointed my finger at the Vice President and Congress. Not every single person working for the Government.

However, just cause it needs to be said... meeting your wife on the job does nothing to serve the Public. So why you would make a post suggesting you worked hard and deserved a raise for meeting your wife is a bit baffling to me.

edit to add: I thought more about your post as I showered to get ready for work when I felt the need to go further and say even more. I really dont think you'll like what I have to say, but it is what it is.

If you are retired, as your post seems to hint towards, why do you deserve a raise? The average working person does not get a raise after they retire, so what makes you so entitled? If work as a mechanic for 50 years and retire, I live off my Social Security, IRA and/or 401k. I don't get a raise after I retire, so why should you? Please don't give me the tired old excuse about how, "I worked my tail off". There are millions of people who work their tail off their whole lives and do not get a raise after they retire. So how do you deserve a raise today for work you did years previously?

And to be very specific and point my finger in the right direction, you can choose any of the following that in my opinion do not deserve a raise if we are basing raising on job performance.

DEA, EPA, IRS, DOE, The Executive Branch, The Legislative Branch, The Judicial Branch. I could go on, but it is now time for me to go to work at my job. Where I also work my tail off and when I retire, I wont get a raise from.
edit on 28-12-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
On the contrary, if politicians were paid differently, with higher possible salaries, you might actually get some bright minds applying for those jobs. As it stands, the entry point in politics is horribly low salaried and, even the top job, president, pays very little when you consider what they're doing. They should be paid based on accomplishments. Balance your budget, earn XXX amount. Bring down the deficit, earn XXX amount. Avoid wars, etc.

Right now, with political salaries being so low, there are only a few types of people who strive to gain those positions. Failed lawyers, con artists and the wide eyed dreamers who think they are going to actually make changes in the world. Once this last group learns that there's precious little they can actually accomplish, they either split the political scene or fall into the con artist/failed lawyer category.

Lastly, the raise is fine since, come Monday, the government can't afford to make payroll.

You are not factoring in money from lobbyists under the table which most politicians partake in. Howe do you think some if these senators make millions?

Salary amount is laughable...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

They also have stakes in private companies and when in power they help these companies get Govt. contracts... Cheney **** COUGH ***** Halliburton ****** COUGH*******

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Ever since learning about EOs or Executive Orders, I've wondered how they can be Constitutional. EOs have the force of law and bypass the Congress...

As usual, I check with the Champion of Freedom:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Of-course youre ok with it because youre an Obama supporter. Typical mentality of the partisan sheeple.

You would have raised hell if this was done by a politician you didnt like.

Adopt a principle, stand for something. Right and wrong CANT be based on the person or political Party, it has to be based on the action.

Ron the Master Paul, voted against the Mother Teresa Award.

Why? Because appropriating $30,000 of taxpayer money is neither constitutional nor, in the spirit of Mother Teresa who dedicated here entire life to voluntary, charitable work, particularly humanitarian.

So what did the most honest, decent, incorruptible man in America do? He suggested that Congressmen doante $100 of THEIR OWN money instead of giving away someone else's money (ours).

Guess what they did? Not a damn thing. Sure is easy for these monsters to spend our money and turn us into tax and debt slaves.

In fact, as a means of demonstrating my personal regard and enthusiasm for the work of Mother Teresa, I invited each of these colleagues to match my private, personal contribution of $100 which, if accepted by the 435 Members of the House of Representatives, would more than satisfy the $30,000 cost necessary to mint and award a gold medal to the well-deserving Mother Teresa.

For the record, not a single Representative who solicited my support for spending taxpayer’s money, was willing to contribute their own money to demonstrate the courage of their so-called convictions and generosity.

It is, of course, very easy to be generous with other people’s money.

Ron Paul, Master of all men. King of the Universe. Greatest man alive. By far the greatest man to ever work in D.C.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join