It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

Source

So here we are being told that we are ready to fall off the so called "Fiscal Cliff" and walla!!!! Our dictator and chief gives ALL federal employees a payraise!

Executive Order

So I guess the blame really does fall upon us slaves, while our elected officials and their army of employees get lavished with raises for their unwavering sevice......

Due to my anger at seeing this order, I cannot comment any further.......apparently our government is just going to spend us into one big bottomless pit.....
edit on 28-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The pay raises appear to be minimal at best .. $900 per year in most cases.. as much as I want to, I can't find myself angry about this... $75 per month .. $37.50 per pay check .. before taxes mind you.. hell, perhaps this will put them in a better mood so things get done..

We have far more pressing issues than a tiny pay increase

edit on 12/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This is why every state should stop following the federal governments rules. the government has gotten too big. I say all the states should get some balls and boot the federal government to the curb. They've proven time and time again that they only exist to make every ones life a living hell.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
you know what they say smoke em if you got em! same goes for spending.. spend it while you can!

+13 more 
link   
reply to post by miniatus

While the country is in DEBT any pay raises is a smack to the face of the American people. If anything a pay CUT!

link   

The pay raises appear to be minimal at best .. $900 per year in most cases.. as much as I want to, I can't find myself angry about this... $75 per month .. $37.50 per pay check .. before taxes mind you.. hell, perhaps this will put them in a better mood so things get done..

We have far more pressing issues than a tiny pay increase

It all adds up does it not? Do you not see they hypocracy that we are expected to sacrifice and suffer, but federal employees (whom get payed by taxpayer money) get raises? Plus when you take the number of all federal employees it adds up quick...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If I was as bad at my job as these guys are, I wouldn't be getting any pay increase at all, I would be FIRED. How about some performance based increases for these guys like most large corporations do? I guess no one would ever get a raise...
edit on 28-12-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

wow if anything these guys need a damm paycut..

how can they justify this???
edit on 28-12-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

Not to mention they all make 4 times or more than the average American wage as it is.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

While the country is in DEBT any pay raises is a smack to the face of the American people. If anything a pay CUT!

Ultimately they are employees... I've gotten a raise while the country is in debt.. is that hypocritical? indeed it isn't .. It was a TINY amount.. it's a fraction of a drop in the bucket .. even added up it's minor .. I just can't get angry about such small things when there's bigger issues.. I kind of find it petty to be honest.

I get angry about many things in government.. they could fractionally cut military spending and more than make up for what small amounts we're talking about.. I'm all for being mad and telling the big bad government we won't take it anymore.. but not over such a small thing like this.. sorry if that upsets you, but we all are allowed our opinions.. wake me up when it's more than a tiny fraction of an amount then I'll agree.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not to mention they all make 4 times or more than the average American wage as it is.

Right?? And these figures don't even count the special interest and lobby money that I'm sure most of them receive as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

let them make the damm federal minimum wage... at least untill we get our spending under control

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
On the contrary, if politicians were paid differently, with higher possible salaries, you might actually get some bright minds applying for those jobs. As it stands, the entry point in politics is horribly low salaried and, even the top job, president, pays very little when you consider what they're doing. They should be paid based on accomplishments. Balance your budget, earn XXX amount. Bring down the deficit, earn XXX amount. Avoid wars, etc.

Right now, with political salaries being so low, there are only a few types of people who strive to gain those positions. Failed lawyers, con artists and the wide eyed dreamers who think they are going to actually make changes in the world. Once this last group learns that there's precious little they can actually accomplish, they either split the political scene or fall into the con artist/failed lawyer category.

Lastly, the raise is fine since, come Monday, the government can't afford to make payroll.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Isnt that how true dictators do things when they cant get their way diplomatically? You wont compromise? Fine, Ill just sign a decree.
Something needs to be down about the "executive order" power.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
He's one cheeky little bastard. I'll give him that. Pardon my French........

There are 10's of thousands of people that will lose their ability to earn a living ..partially by HIS OWN DOING...in just a few days. These are the people he ORDERED the layoff notices be delayed on so they went out after the election and not before. Nothing has improved for those poor people, since Obama is now set on how to BLAME for this failure and not how to FIX ..BEFORE good people are destroyed by it next week.

I don't care if the raise was $1. If ANYONE is losing their jobs as a result of Government cuts? Exactly how can any of those in LEADERSHIP justify that extra dollar? This story is obscene and Marie Antoinette would be proud of the tone deaf nature of this stunt.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well you know that when the Bush tax cuts expire we don't want our under qualified, over paid federal employees to have to cough up anything out of their own pockets like the rest of us- why, that would make them just normal peons! How dare we begrudge them raises when we're about to go over the fiscal cliff! We act like it's OUR money or something!

End sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Ultimately they are employees... I've gotten a raise while the country is in debt.. is that hypocritical? indeed it isn't .. It was a TINY amount.. it's a fraction of a drop in the bucket .. even added up it's minor .. I just can't get angry about such small things when there's bigger issues.. I kind of find it petty to be honest.

I get angry about many things in government.. they could fractionally cut military spending and more than make up for what small amounts we're talking about.. I'm all for being mad and telling the big bad government we won't take it anymore.. but not over such a small thing like this.. sorry if that upsets you, but we all are allowed our opinions.. wake me up when it's more than a tiny fraction of an amount then I'll agree.

I think the difference is though, these are FEDERAL employees being paid by tax dollars. If it is a private company, and they want to give raises despite the deficit, fine, go ahead. I think it is wholly irresponsible to give raises using tax money, when we don't have the money in the first place.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Thank goodness! They just don't get paid enough for all that they do for us! Please, Chairman Obama, give them more.
They all have our best interest at hear-. . . . . . . . . .

Sorry, I was channeling MSNBC for a second!

*whew*

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So, the Feds get a smidge more blood money.....thats not so bad you say?
truth is this is LOTALTY MONEY>>>>HUSH MONEY>>>>PSYWAR MONEY
Think the Feds dont play mind games with their own people too?
The amount really doesnt matter.......but in preparation for the comming civil disturbance they plan to create, they want the troops to believe that at least THEIR lives are getting BETTER....that they are being taken care of....
even at the expense of everyone else in the nation.......
LOYALTY to the CORPORATION ON THE UNITED STATES is boght and paid for with your tax dollars....
And who cares of you are unemployed, in bankruptcy or even homeless.....?
You are less than a number to those who are leeching off your labour.....an expendable resource when calculated in sufficient quantity to produce and consume.Both efforts simply to produce more wealth for fewer people.
Never something to be considered on a individual basis.....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If anything, they should just raise the minimum wage federally if they want to give pay increases.

Us slaves, err citizens, are the backbone that allow these people to govern. Without us, they are unemployed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join