It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remakes that SUCK!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
More and more often new bands are remaking older songs and putting them into new beats....some work, some don't....

Let's pay a healthy anti-tribute to those that suck the royal &*^%!

First off...my "inspiration" for this thread....Some band that deserves no credit at all recently created a revision of "Imagine" by John Lennon....It does no justice to the original, is absolutely horrid sounding...and just makes me irrate simply TYPIING about it...

So what are some of your classics gone awry?!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"Imagine" has been covered over 500 times.

But why "Spumco" attempted to create Ren & Stimpy into the Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Show, is staggering. Parents beware.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A couple of ABBA song were re-done cant remember the names of the songs and who done them but they were just taking the cake.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Some band recently did a remake of NIN's "head like a hole." Man they totally neutered it!
Sounded like it should've been on one of those albums where children sing popular songs.

The Kidz Bop Kids are back with their best Kidz Bop CD ever! Kidz Bop 6 is filled with the coolest songs, sung by kids for kids!

Now with "Head like a Hole"

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Korn did a take on HLAH but it didn't make the final cut of their greatest hits.

HLAH, named for HLAH, do a nice cover of Springsteen's "I'm On Fire" but their Hotenanny is best.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I went to the "Projekt Revolution" tour, and Linkin Park did really good version of HLAH as a encore.

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Rolf Harris did a cover of Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven... no, really.

On another note, I heard a cover of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun which was done in a Frank Sinartra/James Darren - Vic Fontaine style. It was fantastic, my friend and I were in fits of laughter at work when it came on the radio.

I have found similar versions, but the one I heard only had a man singing, not a duet with a woman. I'll be forever indebted to anyone who can come up with the artists name.

Jack

XL5

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
William S. and his horrible remakes of songs....yes he "sings"! I....want to...live....like common....people, DO what....every....oh never mind! Get that mp3 (if anyone even has it) and use it to clear rooms!

Does wierd AL count?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What about Dolly Parton's cover of "Stairway To Heaven"?
Granted, I didn't like the original much, either...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Rolf Harris did a cover of Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven... no, really.

On another note, I heard a cover of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun which was done in a Frank Sinartra/James Darren - Vic Fontaine style. It was fantastic, my friend and I were in fits of laughter at work when it came on the radio.

I have found similar versions, but the one I heard only had a man singing, not a duet with a woman. I'll be forever indebted to anyone who can come up with the artists name.

Jack

That guy is hilarious! He's done quite a few other songs as well in that same format...

Richard Cheese

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My vote for worst remake of all time goes to Marilyn Manson for his version of the Ramones "The KKK Took My Baby Away". It's like he completely missed the point of the entire song, and like everything he does; it has to be all scary and spooky. I mean come on, he's a grown man wearing face paint. Jokes over Marilyn, and it wasn't that funny.

My vote for runner-up goes to The Lemonheads for their version of the Misfits classic, "Skulls". Guys names Evan should not try to convince anyone of their "supposed" punk roots.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoogans
What about Dolly Parton's cover of "Stairway To Heaven"?
Granted, I didn't like the original much, either...

God the original is and was the best.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Madonna's American Pie...what was the point? It was the musical equivalent of Gus Van Zantd's Psycho.

Don't knock Rolf. The Money Or The Gun (the tv show Rolf did his cover on) did a whole album of Stairway covers!

Maybe the Vic Fontaine effort was Frank Bennet? An Aussie who did an album of covers including Pearl Jam's Better Man. Look at his name, tells you all.

Brian Setzer's Light My Fire was pretty horrible in a "you're drunk so you're singing along" kind of way.

[Edited on 9-11-2004 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" by NIN. so sad.....-j; )

top topics

join