It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look At All These Guns People Got for Christmas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What is wrong with being happy about getting a gun for Christmas?

I was so exited when I got my first gun. I guess that is the difference when coming from a family that hunts and has them for protection.

Hell, maybe it is even a age thing?
I kind of blow the whole guy girl issue.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

There is no reason to ban guns. they need to implement new laws on how to control who receives them. I myself have a lot of guns and a couple assault rifles. Would I ever use them to harm anything? no. Would I use them to defend myself or my loved ones. You bet!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

One hell of a gift. Everything else is just, made in China

edit on 28-12-2012 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman
reply to post by slapjacks

Isn't a pistol enough to defend yourself against burglars or potential attackers? It seems to me that the current climate is inciting people to purchase even more weapons rather than surrendering them.

I have a hunch something else is up. I think TPTB are about to push harder than ever to ban guns. The latest events are just the excuse they are looking for.

Burglars or Potential Attackers: Yes
Government Tarnny; No

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I could only dream about getting a gift like that. Not going to happen where I'm from. You folks down south are fortunate. Don't give up that freedom. EVER

"Tiz the season to be strapped, Fa-la-la-la-lahhh, la-la-la-lahhhh"

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Isn't a pistol enough to defend yourself against burglars or potential attackers?

The old saying, “A pistol is just used to hold off the attacker long enough for you to be able to get a real gun.”

Give me the option between a pistol, and a rifle/shotgun. I will pick the rifle/shotgun.

If someone is breaking into my house, I want to have either a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck, or a 223/308/30-06 rifle. No exceptions.

A handgun is just because you don’t have a way to store, or carry anything larger that can be easily gotten to. Like in a nightstand, or in a ccw holster.

Originally posted by Juggernog
I really wish I could get a gun, I havent had one for about 10 years but I just cant afford it right now.
I saw a sweet P90 clone at the pawnshop the other day, for about 1500.00

You are setting your sights way too high if you currently have no guns. A used $150 pump shotgun should your first priority for home defense. Looks should not be a deciding factor. The functionality of the firearm should be top priority, followed by how cheap it is. If you can get a used functional 12 gauge pump for $100 to $150 for home defense, then forget about the rest of the finer stuff until finances get better.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not directed at OP. How dare they be happy for receiving a gift they truly appreciate. What is with the people who want everything banned? It's impossible for their kind to just mind their own damn business. No matter what, you cant enjoy what going in your life because your too busy looking at someone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ask a cop, they'll telll you how many shots it takes to stop someone who is bent on causing you harm. OR how many more shots it takes to drop someone on mind bending drugs. I feel better knowing my 12 gauge will literally destroy a living target not giving it a chance to get up and keep on its attack.
edit on 28-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I was more than ecstatic to receive my first rifle at the age of 12. I had just passed hunter's safety courses, and I figured I would borrow my dad's .270 or something. When I saw the long box under the tree, I thought maybe he got me a .22, and was exited. I opened the box on christmas morning, and behold; a 1954 Russian SKS in pristine condition! That was the greatest christmas gift ever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hmm.. i think, i don't want/need a gun, but i'd like a good looking wife who can shoot one for sure i can be her little man b#

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

wow, that would be a great xmas gift.

I got a hand gun for xmas once, loved it..

i see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My step dad got me my first gun for Christmas when i was 12
wish every christmas was the same
20ga break action, nothing special but she will always be my favorite. Got gift card for bass pro shop for christmas maybe i'll go get myself a new one this weekend

edit on 28-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
Firearms are not TOYS so why i see same joy kids get when they get real toys

a vehicle isn't a toy, yet i doubt you would have a problem with someone being happy after getting one as a gift. they're dangerous and can kill people...oh, but almost everyone has one you say?! O.o and people decorate them with different colors and accessories and use them multiple times a day.

cars are used in burglaries, murders, terrorist attacks...yes, it's all so clear now, MINIVANS ARE EVIL!!!

see how crazy it sounds? does vehicle registration decrease the amount of accidents, or car theft? no.

madness i say!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Isn't a pistol enough to defend yourself against burglars or potential attackers? It seems to me that the current climate is inciting people to purchase even more weapons rather than surrendering them.

I have a hunch something else is up. I think TPTB are about to push harder than ever to ban guns. The latest events are just the excuse they are looking for.

It seems ridiculous that in one part of the country, people are flocking to get some grocery vouchers in exchange for their weapons yet in other place weapons sales are breaking records...
Really, whats the point of handing your guns in to start with?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

It seems ridiculous that in one part of the country, people are flocking to get some grocery vouchers in exchange for their weapons yet in other place weapons sales are breaking records...
Really, whats the point of handing your guns in to start with?

That just gave me an idea. The best of both worlds. A gun buyback for people that don’t want the guns in California, and instead of destroying the guns, the guns will go to needy families that can’t afford to buy their child a gun of their very own for Christmas.

A win win!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I could have asked for a gun, but Santa brought me this instead.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That isn’t even complete weapon. Look, parts of it are missing. Santa’s elves are definitely slacking on that gift.

BTW, it is not exactly a CCW anyway. I would say you would have to register it in California as an assault weapon. Think of the paperwork that would take.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
hmm.. i think, i don't want/need a gun, but i'd like a good looking wife who can shoot one for sure i can be her little man b#

Why would any woman want a man b?? Especially a good looking one?

I got an AR15 and a cross bow for Christmas, and my husband bought himself another handgun and a shot gun. Fun stuff!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Guns guns guns
doesnt anybody screw anymore?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I got a Stag AR15 model one+ for Christmas this year! My 15 year old daughter got a 20 gauge and my 9 year old daughter got a bow.

Rockin' Christmas!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join