It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Police Station Shooting 3 Cops INJURED at Gloucester Township Police Station

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

NJ Police Station Shooting SHooter DEAD 3 Cops INJURED at Gloucester Township Police Station

www.huffingtonpost.com

GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A man being processed on a domestic violence charge grabbed a gun and shot and injured three officers at a police station in southern New Jersey before he was killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Title is wrong

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The shooter injured three officers before he was taken down.
It seems to me that there is a lot of violence relating to firearms lately. I wonder if this is just a coincidence. Strange to say the least.

Whether or not you are against firearms, it seems that they are getting a lot of negative publicity these days.

www.huffingtonpost.com
edit on 28-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Wrong information

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Police say gunfire erupted inside the station at about 5:45 a.m. Friday.

As the man was being processed on the complaint, he grabbed a gun and began firing. Three officers were hit before the suspect was shot and killed.

Deputy Police Chief David Harkins says one officer suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was undergoing surgery. Two other officers suffered minor injuries.

From your source.

Perhaps they should have armed guards at the police station. I'm sure DHS would approve.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here we go again

And how did he get a gun in a police station?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'd sure be curious what their policy is there for putting their own weapons in lockers while handling prisoners. Even in the station?? Maybe he hadn't gotten that deep into the process yet?

Wow... The world is going absolutely mad. Talk about suicide by Cop. I mean there is NO other way that ends?? This isn't the Terminator come to life after all...People don't rampage a Police Station then drive away to be caught later. Yikes! His world must have been mighty dark to take death by gunshot on the spot over whatever the Domestic case was against him. Scary times.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman

The shooter injured three officers before he was taken down.
It seems to me that there is a lot of violence relating to firearms lately. I wonder if this is just a coincidence. Strange to say the least.

Whether or not you are against firearms, it seems that they are getting a lot of negative publicity these days.

www.huffingtonpost.com
edit on 28-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Wrong information

Either way the cops are still going to carry firearms. The problem was not the gun the problem was that he was able to get a hold of it INSIDE A POLICE STATION!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There is an easy solution solving this problem in the United States, you don't have to ban guns.
Just ban people, all those terrible things would never happen.

But is this a coincidence or are people blaming the officials (4 Firefighter Shot) for some kinda reason?

Tragic nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pondering on the next high profile event:

Police station. In a relatively small town police stations are dead empty and from my experience the cop working the front desk isnt armed nor are most of the cops behind the heavy door, if there even is one.

If kids are supposed to be the innocent angels of targets then cops will be the heroic protectors of society and once cops in their own buildings are attacked a major chunk of pro-gun people will slide over the prohibition side.

That's the one chart topping tragedy we're missing so far.

Wondering what their weapons lockup policies are and what gear they're using as far as retention goes.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think its time we ought to ban police stations. Without them this would have never happened...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It almost makes one wonder how easily a child could distract an officer while their friend grabs the gun.

Coincidental juxtapositioning?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Time to ban all guns even from the police! See, if the cops didn't have guns, then he wouldn't have been able to grab it and he'd still be alive 'cuz the cops wouldn't have a gun to shoot back at him!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How could anyone make a connection between this story and the guns debate?

The guy swiped a gun from a cop and started shooting inside the police station. It wasn't his gun and, whether guns were legal or were banned, the outcome would have been the same.

A HUGE stretch on the part of the gun grabbers if they think this story furthers their agenda.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

How could anyone make a connection between this story and the guns debate?

The guy swiped a gun from a cop and started shooting inside the police station. It wasn't his gun and, whether guns were legal or were banned, the outcome would have been the same.

A HUGE stretch on the part of the gun grabbers if they think this story furthers their agenda.

Not really an agenda mate, I do think guns should be banned, but not just for the public, for cops and guards also, so in that respect it wouldn't have happened

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wonder if the story will be "updated" to reflect that the criminal "didn't" grab an officer's pistol and "pulled" a bushmaster out of his pocket!

LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Kinda puts "Gun Control" to shame when an UNARMED man can obtain one inside a cop shop and do damage doesnt it?
The trouble is with irresponsible people who cannot or wont pay attention to what they are doing......
Israel is a case in point......
practically EVERY citizen has access to, or possession of, and AUTOMATIC WEAPON......
How many such incidents do they have? Even the girls are trained to shoot.....
People are mostly BRAIN DEAD.....going through the motions of what may be required of them, but living in a another world inside their heads at the time.....
The first thing that should be taught to children is how to FOCUS ................
Mass media, has changed us........we ARE the ZOMBIES

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Not really an agenda mate, I do think guns should be banned, but not just for the public, for cops and guards also, so in that respect it wouldn't have happened

I will agree with you on one thing; I think the police should be disarmed to the same extent as are the public. That includes Federal authorities.

There's no damn reason cops and feds should be running around with fully automatic weapons among civilians. There's just way too much potential for a stray bullet to strike an unintended target.

If they disarm us, they should disarm themselves as well, just to put everyone on an equal footing.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Here we go again

And how did he get a gun in a police station?

From the very first content block in the very first post:

GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A man being processed on a domestic violence charge grabbed a gun and shot and injured three officers at a police station in southern New Jersey before he was killed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Okay, I got to go read this....

Must not of had that many cops on duty because I didn't see headline where officers fired 15,000 rounds into one man.

BRB....

So basically it was one of their own that shot the officers. He worked for the Department of Corrections. How did this guy pass psyche?

Glad the officers are going to make it. That's good news.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Something is stinky here. Cops have lock downs on their guns. Hard to release unless you're the one carrying it. So this guy "just grabbed a gun"? Uh-uh. Either all the facts haven't come in or there was negligence on the part of the cop(s). Firearm not locked down. I would HATE to think that someone would lay a firearm around on a desk. We haven't reached that level of stupidity yet, have we?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join