When the Time Comes, Will the Military be With The People, or Against Them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes, just keep making excuses for volunteering to be in the military of an invading force in continuous war, while saying you don't want to kill anyone

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes, just keep making excuses for volunteering to be in the military of an invading force in continuous war, while saying you don't want to kill anyone

My war days are long over almost 50 years now; and I made no excuses for anyone. Only stated what I knew to be factual with my own life experiences. If people like me who were once in the military bug you don't read what I post..Myself and many of my generation have no love for war or the policies being carried out today based on the lies that have been put forth to perpetuate said wars. Know your enemy before casting the first stone; easier to make friends that way.

Maybe start your own thread about the evil ones in uniform who made it possible for you to live the life you have today.

Go hug a tree and see if it understands your line of thought etc etc.

The military carries out the will of it's leaders. Whether elected or some despotic two bit dictator. You don't like the military then change the civilian (in America) leadership..... It would be great if every nation turned it's weapons into plow shares and tilled the earth to feed the world but unfortunately that has been tried a few times with predictable results. There is always someone, some nation, some evil, that wants what you have....Sorry to be the one to tell you.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
There is an interesting rumor that the recent replacement of top military personnel and General Petraeus as head of the CIA were because of an alleged plan for a coup by some members at high levels of the military if Obama was reelected.

I have no idea whether there is any truth to the rumor, but it certainly would explain things better than the excuses we have been fed.

And as it shook out the Patreus/CIA faction didn't get Bishop Romney in there.
Tarpley said right after the purge that we were witnessing America's "Night of the
Long Knives". There were a lot of Shop boots that wanted Mitt to make it to the
Oval Office, just to keep the black ops oppin'. Later when Mitt lost, just about
everybody who wasn't right in Obama's lap originally was jettisoned. The excuses
by the administration and the media included the usual sheet music-- infidelity,
expense accounts, even other unmentionables that made these exponents of
the Mormon Mafia historical data. I know, it sounds all too much like regurgitated
Webster, but looking at the original character of the theater (figuratively and literally)
it made too much sense.
The only thing that bothers me at all is the fact that Patreus wasn't just a
really good tactician and carreer soldier, but had the LOYALTY of the troops.
That's kind of a nasty prospect if you needed your troops and Officer Corps to
conduct some disagreeable details back home, like killing your own people...
and some far-ups with a lot of traction start mutinying. Time for a Di-Gel.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by W0mbat
My brother and one of my closest friends just joined the military... one joined the army and the other joined the navy. They both were allowed leave for christmas. Well, I asked them both this question : " if your commander-in-chief brought you home, gave you a gun and some bullets and told you your friends and family were the enemy. If they gave you an order to terminate said enemy would you follow this order? Could you and would you kill your family and friends??"

My brother when asked paused, breathed deeply and answered "what do you think they would do if I didn't? They would kill me and make someone else do it...." he didn't give me a straight yes or no... but he also didn't say anything to anyone for a while.

My friend whome I grew up with was around me and a group of friends, we had all grew up together and were treating to a night a local club in celebration of him being home for the holiday, he looked us straight in the eyes grinned and and answered "of course I would" then grabbed his beer and stood and went to a table with some other military personnel at the club leaving us sitting there shocked and disappointed. Needless to say we left him there that night and no one spoke to him since.

It is a very hard thing to swallow. Knowing that if it ever came to civil war or revolution you would be starring down your sights placing possibly your brother your father your sister your mother your son or your friend on the receiving end of death. Its even more horrifying knowing that the regret you feel is likely not present in their brainwashed minds at that moment. Compassion is a hard thing to swallow

I'm more sorry all the time to hear that response to a thread like this. It means the
indoctrination has effectively removed the last barrier to mass murder-- the willingness
to include one's own family and closest friends. Evidently and with my great regret it
looks like humanity might have been cosmically cheated last 21st: we really DO need
at least a spritual reset, anyway. Glad though to hear your brother thought it over...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Sorry to have to disagree with the OP's remark from pg 2, however:

Please show me where any tangible legal right has been stripped from anyone?

Here lies the fault of your argument, and basic assumption. You see, "rights", are not tangible, legal things. In the US we have certain specifically *protected* rights, but this should not be construed to imply that those specifically protected rights are in fact, all encompassing. Then there is the vast difference between "legal" and "lawful", but that indeed would require it's own thread.

On topic, as someone else already said: It is the enlisted men and women, and more importantly the NCO chain that make or break any engagement. Perhaps i've simply been at this too long, but from my view the problem with relying on high ranking officers is two fold.
1.) Those officers who are low enough rank to be seen by the common soldier day to day, i.e. LT's and CPT's; garner little respect from their subordinates for anything except their rank, and respect for their rank satisfies most of these as they are basically the equivilant of a private in the arena of military knowledge and military bearing. Nor do they possess a natural presence-of-authority, and half of these are made up of west point "ring knockers" who come from this institution with an ingrained sense of entitlement and elitism (to expound upon this they act in such a way that at the basic human level that "I am better than You"), casting their fellow officers in an ill light.
2.) Those officers who are in the upper echelons i.e. COL - General, are by and large seen much as the american people view most congressmen: distant, detached, and wholly removed from reality.

So you see, you cannot, nor should you; look to the gentlemen of the sort that you are used to seeing on your television on CSPAN, they are there merely to enhance the production value of this theater.

It is the silent majority, the enlisted men and women who are up for grabs here, so please - if they send us in fully armed to patrol....talk to us, dont shoot at us! Win these folks by making your case; remind them repeatedly that they serve the constitution, not the government, nor any other force which seeks to undermine it.

I cannot state this enough, that I feel if this scenario were to take place that the weapon that would win the day is Reason - calm and rational; not fire.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's simple just keep the horror so great what will happen if you disobey and nobody will disobey.
edit on 29-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Been doing some digging then reading, and came across this.
Figured may as well share here since it seems to fit well.

"Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland"
Getting the military to start preparing for the violent repression of its own citizenry.

Bringing the war home

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

It is important for Americans to teach the lessons of the past. Four dead in Ohio. This will hopefully never happen again and the lesson should forever be taught to our youth. Still you are talking about a much larger issue.

The U.S. Military swears an oath to the People and Constitution of the United States. They do not swear an oath to the President or Leadership but an oath to Protect the U.S. Constitution.

The U.S. Military is extremely tied to the Civilian Population as they are part of it. They are volunteers and more so than any other country...are bonded to the Civilian Population. It is Highly Unlikely that the U.S. Military would ever follow orders that conflict with the Constitution.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Been doing some digging then reading, and came across this.
Figured may as well share here since it seems to fit well.

"Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland"
Getting the military to start preparing for the violent repression of its own citizenry.

Bringing the war home

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is nothing new. Back in the last part of the 90's, before all of the MOUT sites were covered in Arabic, we used to use them to train on how to take small town America, and no I do not believe for one second that the coordinating with the "local officials" in these mock ups (police, clergy, etc) on how to stifle unrest whilst we marched through the streets of these little play towns in full riot gear + our RBA's, was because the army lacked the intelligence to come up with a fictional enemy..

It smelled rotten then, and it smells rotten now. Only difference is now all of the writing is in a different language, and we are stifling an "insurgency".

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

reply to post by 727Sky

Maybe start your own thread about the evil ones in uniform who made it possible for you to live the life you have today.

Okay, thank you for the free speech zones, choiceless votes, murdering millions of people who could have been my friends, enough nuclear weapons to blow up the planet, and your endless self-congratulations for giving me the freedom I was already born with.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

reply to post by 727Sky

Okay, thank you for the free speech zones, choiceless votes, murdering millions of people who could have been my friends, enough nuclear weapons to blow up the planet, and your endless self-congratulations for giving me the freedom I was already born with.

Humm endless self-congratulations; I see your lack of reading skill and the ability to discern the typed word does not get in the way of your inane statements and the fantasy world you live in. English is not your first language?

murdering millions of people who could have been my friends,

Wow you really get around!! Great magnetic personality?

With your propensity to not think before you type/assume speak I seriously doubt there are millions who would befriend you...sorry I take that back, out of 7 billion there has to be a few emotional retards who might adopt you as a friend.
Normally I just ignore stupidly but for you I will make a special effort to answer in kind.
You are just a screen name with no substance to me (they say the mind is a terrible thing to waste were you their poster child?)...... I will not waste my time much less my mind trying to point out the errors of your thoughts and your inability to look at history with what has transpired since before you quit messing your diapers. Obviously history 101 was a weak subject for you and does not count in your dream world. Have a good life and dream your dreams may there never be a nightmare and try not to wet the bed. etc etc

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

When I said "me", in the phrase about befriending millions of people, I meant that generally. Something like, people in general could have been friends with the millions of people killed. But of course I'm retarded and have no friends anyway, in your mind.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join