It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Time Comes, Will the Military be With The People, or Against Them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As the NWO speeds forward at break neck speeds, stripping liberties and rights away one after the other, obliterating what is left of a once prosperous economy, shredding the constitution, its clear to anyone with open eyes that we are reaching a breaking point; a crescendo of sorts where it will all change as one final all or nothing push is given to subjugate and more completely enslave the American people.

We all know its coming; it is the nature of evil to mercilessly drive towards absolute and total domination of others, and perhaps to be delayed, but never discouraged in that push.

There is an obstacle; one final roadblock that if removed, singles the breaking point mentioned above, and that obstacle is a heavily armed public. It is the last, largest and most hardened wall between a tyrannical government and its ultimate goal of total domination and control of the people who it is meant to serve. While it itself cannot defeat a tyrannical government, it halts its progress since if attacked by hired goons in uniforms, perhaps with blue helmets, as the wall crumbles it crushes the goons beneath the debris, causing great demoralization.

But an armed public is just that though; a wall, great as it is, that if chipped at incessantly, will eventually fall. And the NWO never stops chipping at anything they want removed from their path.

This all leads me to ponder about when the time comes, and it will, whether it manifests as NWO goons kicking down doors in an all out undeclared war against the people, or whether it manifests as the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, or whether it manifests as ludicrous restrictions upon it that effectively abolish it... it leads me to wonder if the military will come to the true defense of the people it is meant to protect. When it all really starts to kick off and a tyrannical government is done gearing up for the final push and finally initiates it, the military is really the only thing that COULD stand in its way (I wish I could add the police to that, but I just dont see it happening with the ongoing militarization and current indoctrination that the public is their enemy.)

And Im really not sure what they would do. They are supposed to be the guardians of the constitution, but so far havnt guarded it very well. Curtailing of free speech, due process eliminated, etc; we have all seen the rapid degradation over the years of what we used to have, to what we have now, to where we are swiftly headed.

So the question is, when the time comes, will the military be with The People to defend them (and themselves, as they are part of The People); to stand in front of the raging NWO, and essentially say "You shall not pass!"

Or will they lose sight of their true purpose, and side with the suited and clean shaven wannabe despots on capital hill, either through passivity and ignoring of the situation to continue the ghost hunt in the Middle East, or actively by assisting with the war on the citizenry?

Would any generals be willing to step up to the plate, and halt that final push to dominate the public even more completely? What if it remained as a covert push? Would the military be ready to stop the machinations of an out of control rogue government regime from completely steamrolling all that America is supposed to embody if done quietly and through continued deception and manipulation?

Im not sure what to believe would happen, really.

I do know one thing though, without the militarys protection, America WILL eventually be conquered by DOMESTIC enemies of The People and the Constitution.

----

I want to especially hear the thoughts of active or recently active military personnel on the question that is posed. Youll all have the most acute insight into the nature of the military at this point in time and best be able to perhaps shed some light on what would most likely occur.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
as recent history has shown... they will not stand with us. we arent the ones who pay their paychecks...
edit on 28-12-2012 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For the most part? I think most will side, if only through not following orders, the civilians. Of course, there'll be the ones who will do what they're told.

Should the situation come to pass, the military will be much like the public. Some will obey...some will not. Percentage? No clue.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah, i agree with seagull.

Some will, some won't.

Same will be true of the police, agency types and civil servants i reckon.

If nothing else, a consensus will have to be reached early on or else the division will be in the enemy's favour.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
as recent history has shown... they will not stand with us. we arent the ones who pay their paychecks...
edit on 28-12-2012 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

They might change their minds, once they realize that their own countrymen are shooting back at them. So far that hasn't happened.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

What do you think of the top levels of command? I think without the high level peoples initiative, such as the higher ranking officers like generals, non-compliance is the absolute best the lower levels of command could do. But simple non-compliance from military personnel wouldnt halt an out of control government from waging war on the people it swore to serve, and then betrayed.
edit on 12/28/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They already have this figured out and it's a simple solution.

Our troups will go to their country (we have no problem killing their civilians)

And their troops will come to our country (to kill us) (which they will have no problem with)
edit on 28-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Unfortunately that is a valid sentiment, and it is part of my worry that perhaps they will not stand with The People.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

The problem is when you aim a gun at the military you are no longer their countrymen you are a terrorist or performing treason no matter what the reason. The military is there to protect the government and do their bidding not the people. If you do not follow order you will be arrested, shot, dissapeared, or worse, if not right then, at some point in the future.

There are plenty of videos of soldiers murdering innocent people, if they are willing to murder innocent people why not murder your own people.

The problem is that they brainwash military so they follow orders right or wrong, that is why so many of them go mental when they get out and have breakdowns from all of the evil things they were forced to do they cant cope with what they did.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I believe that's a pretty accurate prediction of the outcome for this hypothetical scenario

Come to think of it...that would make it easier for civies to kill the troops, too. They wouldn't be shooting at ' our boys '
edit on 28-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

First of all this is the kind of stuff that gets the gun nuts and mass shooters all riled up. Stoking paranoia all nonchalantly like you're just talking about the weather. "The last stand". A "heavily armed people" to fight against the "Tyrannical overloads". All that crap is why we keep having mass purchasing of weapons with some nut going out and killing people. As far as whether or not the "military will be on our side" ? That military you speak of is MY FAMILY. They are not some "no name robotic entity" that we have to wonder where they fit in our crazed conspiracy fantasies. They are my brother, my sister, my nephew, my father and my three brother-in laws.

Okay ?

Enough with this kind of paranoid fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That I don't know.

All too many of the top level officers are children of officers, who were children of officers... I've never liked that about the military, but not a hell of a lot to do about that. It smacks of the sort of military that thinks/knows they know better than the folks who are the bosses. Us.

I should imagine that some will for the sake of whatever power it'll give them will follow orders. Some will not. Again, I can't say with any surety how many will...

I'd like to think none would turn against us... But that's as unlikely as all of them doing so. fifty/fifty split...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximusAs the NWO speeds forward at break neck speeds, stripping liberties and rights away one after the other,

Please tell me what liberties and rights have been stripped or taken away from you?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

That military you speak of is MY FAMILY. They are not some "no name robotic entity" that we have to wonder where they fit in our crazed conspiracy fantasies. They are my brother, my sister, my nephew, my father and my three brother-in laws.

Okay ?

I completely agree. You notice where I say "So the question is, when the time comes, will the military be with The People to defend them (and themselves, as they are part of The People)", right?

To the rest, if you wish to rant without addressing the question, please make a new thread about it. The question posed is a legitimate concern of mine.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

When the Time Comes, Will the Military be With The People, or Against Them?

In the military, we are all volunteers, no matter what branch of the armed forces.
We all swore an oath, the same oath of enlistment; to support and defend the Constitution.

In the military we are willing to go help foreign strangers on the opposite side of the world.
Now think on that a second, until you realize that we are more than willing to help our fellow countrymen, friends and family

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
As the NWO speeds forward at break neck speeds, stripping liberties and rights away one after the other,

Please tell me what liberties and rights have been stripped or taken away from you?

The People have been stripped of many rights. Peaceful assembly runs the risk of being beaten and pepper sprayed if the state doesnt like it, free speech is only OK in places deemed acceptable (free speech zones), a person can be imprisoned for no explicit reason indefinitely, a person can be assassinated if Bama doesnt like them, gun rights are continually under assault from all sides, and its a wonder more hasnt actually been accomplished to subdue that right, etc.

Read the forum... youll get a better picture of it all than I can distill for you ad hoc. Its a very large area of concern.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Remember the Civil War history? Brother against brother, father against son etc.?

Now, typical American SHEOPLE family:

Kroll (911 Security)
AT&T (helps connect the wiretaps)
ENRON (secretary who KNEW the illegal mess was going on)
Haliburton (Cheney lover)
Programmer (assists local PDs with getting the TSA nekkid Xrays to work from choppers and vans)
and so on and so on ...

Now, these Sheople reckon themselves to be the REAL "patriots".

Get my drift?

If the soldiers come from SHEOPLE families, they very well may shoot their own.

Besides, they have been breast and bottle fed on violent games and other violent entertainment, as well as meds, to dull their senses. Many have later regretted what they did ... but, only after they got away from the Matrix.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

In the military we are willing to go help foreign strangers on the opposite side of the world.

But you are also willing to slaughter them and contaminate their lands with nuclear waste (DU) if told to do so....

This is partly why Im unable to see whether or not the military will actually help the citizens or not in a truly dire situation, which I believe we are inevitably approaching. What the mindset of the generals and admirals are in light of the current situation in America is what Id like to get insight into.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
The People have been stripped of many rights. Peaceful assembly runs the risk of being beaten and pepper sprayed if the state doesnt like it, free speech is only OK in places deemed acceptable (free speech zones), a person can be imprisoned for no explicit reason indefinitely, a person can be assassinated if Bama doesnt like them, gun rights are continually under assault from all sides, and its a wonder more hasnt actually been accomplished to subdue that right, etc.

Hopefully my reply remains respectful to your opinion.

The items you listed above are your perception of events. Please show me where any tangible legal right has been stripped from anyone?

Additionally you can't be naive enough to believe the statement you made about the President? Your implication is that this is a new practice or exclusive to the current President.Ops have been implemented for decades with the difference being previously they required boots on the ground .

As for everything else...I hope our rights , methods , rules and regulations are continually reviewed and revised. What was applicable 10, 20, 40, 60 , 80 years ago may no longer make sense now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They sent the National Guard in after Randy Weaver.

They dont have to send foreign troops in. They just have to send CA stationed troops to NH and NH stationed troops to CA.

By the time they get it through their thick programed skulls that they're doing the devils dirty work half of us will be dead or in detention centers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join