It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will "The Greatest Standing Army the World has Ever Seen" make its move

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Let me put this another way. ( for Americans only)

Your standard of life drops to a third world country, your reserve currency status is removed so food jumps 100% due to inflation and keeps rising and rising, You are no better off than India's population.

Or you use your military might to flatten any country that tries to remove your reserve currency status.

You have the military might to flex your muscles or get told you will do what Greece has been told to do and your country run by the IMF.
If you never had the military that you have then down the road of Greece you go.

Do you not Understand already that the world is to scared to remove your status thats why its been allowed to continue and you can print dollars that are worthless that others have to buy in order to purchase oil.

You already control so much; but you need more control and I think it will happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Don't put for Americans only this is a International forum....

Do you think if the USA did what you suggest the rest of the world would just roll over? Dude think about what you are saying here...never going to happen.
edit on 28-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We can't even agree how to run our own country. Why would we want even more confusion than we already have? They can have a copy of our Constitution and rule themselves. I don't know anyone that wants anything from another country other than to be left alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
countries might be easily invaded or turned into a solidified glass parking lot but it is an entirely different matter to rule effectively; humanely. Many empires have learned that lesson the hard way. America can not even lead itself much less the world....

I was asked long long ago by a Col. of a foreign military if the U.S, would come to his countries aid if they were invaded. I told him to get a passport and depend on himself to protect his family and look to his own countries resources for defense. Glad he did. Now some 40 years later America has come back hat in hand with money hanging out of their pockets wanting a deal... America was told come back next year and they will talk again. Very polite meeting and I would love to be in on any future discussions, but alas for me it will never happen.... but nice to dream.

Nothing wrong with well spelled out alliances but there are always string attached and some of those strings are to the detriment of the smaller country.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Although this OP is 50 shades of wrong, it does raise an interesting question.

Let's say America falls, what will the government do with all that epic military hardware? Seriously, do you think they will just bow down and wait for the decapitation?
The same thing Russia did , they sell it .

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes a country which needs financial support from China, Japan and other countries to keep its budget in check is really going to dominant the world in the next twenty years ( laughing hard) Barely, beats tribal groups in a gun fight inside Iraq and Afghanistan, yet you expect America to militarily dominant "real" big time nations of our world? The lack of critical thinking on this forum, is amazing really it is.
edit on 28-12-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by pavmas

They can never go into conquest mode why? nukes that's why. You think Russia and China would just let the USA go conquering the planet? yeah ok.

And you know that the USA has not got tech know how to disable Nukes.

Come on guys,

You dont really believe it was Aliens that turned off the NUKES AT MILITARY INSTALLATIONS do you.

I would bet my life on it that the USA could disable Nukes before they even left the lauchpad, why did you think we let Pakistan have them, becayuuse we can switch them off before they use them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
We are talking more power than the Roman ha' America has not even started its conquest yet.

I don't think you are aware of just how many different countries fly a United States flag.

The Conquest already happened. The game is over. America will slowly divide into smaller and smaller pieces, each new piece getting a fresh go of it while the old Empire is saddled with the debts of the Empire. Eventually, the old empire will either die off completely or become just another player in the game.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
America would be as dead as the rest of us in an atomic conflict!

So dont get too big a head America! M.A.D is still in effect of that you can be sure!
edit on 28-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Yes a country which needs financial support from China, Japan and other countries to keep its budget in check is really going to dominant the world in the next twenty years ( laughing hard) Barely, beats tribal groups in a gun fight inside Iraq and Afghanistan, yet you expect America to militarily dominant "real" big time nations of our world? The lack of critical thinking on this forum, is amazing really it is.

Thats money it means nothing, USA could go to war tomorrow and force them to use its new currency.

War is about control and if you are the victor you just take you dont owe them nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD

Thats money it means nothing, USA could go to war tomorrow and force them to use its new currency.

War is about control and if you are the victor you just take you dont owe them nothing.

Money means nothing in you're peculiar world it doesn't. How educated are you?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hypothetically the European union would have the largest army would it not? I also think a united Europe would wipe the floor with America. Financially, economically and militarily!
edit on 28-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Boasting about technology which may not be real doesn't make your country indestructable. All a country has to do is wipe out your powergrid, satellites and your cavalry in the Middle East and your countries hands are chopped off. There are so many different ways the USA could fall, your Military really doesn't matter. I'm not just saying the USA either, many countries call fall because of the two examples above.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your standard of life drops to a third world country, your reserve currency status is removed so food jumps 100% due to inflation and keeps rising and rising, You are no better off than India's population.

Or you use your military might to flatten any country that tries to remove your reserve currency status.

The US has no right to a "reserve currency status" and never has... It got there by strong-arming OPEC countries into establishing the petro-dollar scandal, and by giving Saudi Arabia military protection in exchange for keeping it going. All anyone else has to do to get rid of it is to cooperate a little bit. You think the US should go to war with China, Russia, and every OPEC country just to keep the value of the US dollar artificially inflated?
edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Everyone is forgetting one vital thing,
The Romans believed that they were chosen by the Gods, that a roman life was worth more than any other life.

They believed they were better than anyone else an non Romans were Barbarians.

Rightly or wrongly the Americans believe they are better than everyone else and that is good because it s confidence that make people act to protect their position.

The Americans have a confidence about their country that is not shared in other counties and I find it laughable that china could become the new super power.

The Americans would not let this happen, oh maybe in 500 years but not at this time for the simple reason you dont see them as your equals or better than you.

It was only 60 years ago that you never saw Black people as equal and black americans at that, so no way would USA accept any other position than NO 1 in the world.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Move along all, Troll thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
We can't even agree how to run our own country. Why would we want even more confusion than we already have? They can have a copy of our Constitution and rule themselves. I don't know anyone that wants anything from another country other than to be left alone.

Well look at the way the senate was in Rome yet the Roman legions still did their job and they controlled the world

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think everyone is discounting Japan! They do have a finger in all off our Military's electronic devices! LoL

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You seem to be under the impression that the citizens of the USA have any control over what those in power do. You also seem to think that America is an empire that wants to take over the world.
I on the other hand think most of the wealth and power is in the hands of a select few who dominate financially. Most average Americans are ignorant when it comes to anything other than what the news tells them.
The USA people have no control over how to use their troops or which wars to go to, its those who are part of the machine who make those decisions, and they have show little care for the well being of the American people. It is far more likely that they want to destroy America as a first world country and use the UK and UN models for ruling the world.
edit on 28-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Chinese will make their move when they are ready...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join