It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will "The Greatest Standing Army the World has Ever Seen" make its move

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The US does have a very strong military, but that is only because of our HUGE defense budget. They want to talk about cutting social services and things like medicare, instead of saving billions by downsizing our army. Really though it is not that the US military is exceptionally large, as most of the money being spent on defense is being spent on these charades overseas. Despite the fact that our military is large and strong, there is absolutely NO way that the US military could take over the world.

The US would have their hands full in a war with just one or two nations. You have to realize that quite a bit of the military technology that the US possesses is also utilized by many other countries. As the US has learned in all recent wars, air superiority is key to defeating the military of another country. With that said, the anti-aircraft weaponry now available by a variety of countries is quite advanced, and because of this, it will actually take many boots on the ground to defeat a large and modern military.

The missile defense systems that are available now are also relatively advanced. Incoming missiles can actually be shot down from a good distance away now. What I am saying is that for much of the advanced weaponry that the US possesses, there is a piece of weaponry to counter it. Albeit the US does have bombers that likely can avoid being shot down, either because they fly extremely high, or because their stealth capability is extremely advanced, but weaponry like this is likely classified. I also think that there are nuclear nations out there, who when facing defeat, would feel they have nothing to lose and launch a nuclear weapon. This possibility alone means that the US must be extremely careful who they start a conflict with.

So militarily taking over the world is highly improbable, not just because of the reasons I outlined above, but for many others as well. The real way to take over a country is to do it covertly. Control the monetary system and the government, and you control a country. Military action would be used only to "keep" the country already taken. But really there needn't be a large occupation force in my opinion...at least not in developed countries. There are so many variables that it is very hard to tell if I am correct or completely wrong, but I think I am on the right track.

Also, the American people are so fed up with conflict that there is no way they would go for an all out war against another developed and equipped, or modern, nation. These conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are not costing as many lives as say, Vietnam, but still the people are sick of it. Although many Americans were sick of Vietnam, and yet the government did not listen initially and pull out. Instead, Nixon leaves office and the new president pulls out the troops, effectively causing us to lose a war that was almost won. Why do you think that North Vietnam had begun peace negotiations? Once we ratcheted up the bombings on northern cities like Hanoi, the NVA was falling apart. It is hard to believe that American soldiers killed over 1 million NVA and insurgent soldiers, while losing only 60,000.

Anyway, my point is that Americans have not forgotten these past wars and conflicts, and there is no way they would stand the same amount of casualties in a modern day war. And if the US invaded a modern country, with a modern military, there would be many more casualties this time around. What I am saying is that the US cannot and will not get away with being the aggressor against a modern militarized nation.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
I reckon by the years end USA will be running the world and I mean all the world. If Im wrong then I will admit it.

I reckon you've got two days until you admit you're wrong.

What a joke.

You're at the wrong end, temporally, of your dreams of empire.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Bottom line situation -

There are too many People on the Planet.
The only hope for the collective survival of Man-Kind is De-Population.

How is who is done away with to be decided?
Choose up sides & come out swinging. (WWIII)
And as is always the outcome the 'Good Guys' will win and 'Justice' will triumph & 'The Truth' shall prevail.

Which side are the 'Good Guys'? The winners of course. You needn't take my word for it. Just read the History Books the winners will write.

IMO

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I reckon by the years end USA will be running the world and I mean all the world. If Im wrong then I will admit it.

What a joke.

Pity you never read all the thread as someone else pointed this out

that it was 2013 I was taking about..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

OP, move to the states, have some dunkin donuts and a few rides on public transportation. Watch a marathon of cops and get to know a few hipsters.

Im sure youll be over this place in a week and happy that the US hasnt gone on a global conquest.

God bless America for stars sake.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Current List of US Military accomplishments...

Japan - USA had to nuke it to illicit a surrender, admitted its troops would suffer too many casualties.
Korea - Loss
Vietnam - Loss
Afghanistan - Still going on for 10+ years and looking like a Loss
Iraq - Had to go in twice and looks like a loss
911 - 2 Dozen Arabs beat the US ( allegedly )

All are/weak Countries that the US failed to subjugate.

Lets see how they go against Iran a Country that has prepared for the US attacking it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
OP, excellent thread.

However, under the current US regime this will never happen....

As a matter of fact that "greatest standing army" is being dismantled as I type this.

Who do you propose will take over the country and make this happen?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"History is important. If you don't know history it is as if you were born yesterday. And if you were born yesterday, anybody up there in a position of power can tell you anything, and you have no way of checking up on it. " -Howard Zinn

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You really are an embarrassment to the British to say the least - I strongly suggest you change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.

Wake up to the realities of life and spread some love not evil!

Very sad that you think in these terms - delusional -

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Oh Please!

Unlike just about every other country in the World...the U.S. actually thinks about the enemy it attacks as well as what is the MINIMUM AMOUNT OF FORCE NEEDED for us to illicit change?

There is no other country on Earth that thinks this way when attacking another country...Just the United States. The fact of the matter is that the United States Military is capable of such a level of Force Projection that there is no Country or Group of Country's on Earth that could withstand even a U.S. Non-Nuclear Attack if the Gloves were off.

As I have posted before...a group of the Highest Ranking Chinese Military Leaders were invited and attended U.S. Wargames out of Norfolk. These Chinese Military Leaders were also given a tour as well as several demonstrations at various U.S. Military bases around the country of Advanced U.S. Military capabilities. This plan most likely stopped the Chinese Invasion of Taiwan.

A Chinese Admiral after witnessing these demonstrations went in front of the World Medias cameras and stated...The United States has nothing to fear from the Chinese Military as the U.S. Military is Multiple Decades ahead of the Chinese Military and after watching U.S. Military exercises it saddens me to think of how poorly our Chinese Soldiers and Sailors are trained and equipped.

This statement shocked the Chinese Communist Leadership and that Admiral was almost arrested. If it were not for the backing of other Chinese Leaders who attended the American display and especially the American planned showing of the FEL or Free Electron Laser which led the Chinese Admiral to understand just how behind the Chinese were as well as how badly the Chinese would loose should they have attempted an Invasion of Taiwan.

If you notice...the Chinese no longer even talk about invading Taiwan which is a HUGE CHANGE as the Communist Leadership had made forced reunification a priority. Now the Chinese have helped with North Korea...have stopped threatening Taiwan...have agreed to work with the U.S. Military to avoid mistakes of possible confrontation. Even the current Communist Leadership created dispute with Japan over Islands that have been discovered to have Energy Resources were half hearted as China sailed their Navy to the area only to get ZERO RESPONSE from the U.S. Navy and as one Chinese Naval Official stated...We sailed all the way near Japan only to be ignored by the American Fleet and worse...have to turn around and sail back after doing NOTHING.

What has made things even worse for the Chinese Communist Leadership is the miscalculation of financing American Debt. They felt that to do so would allow them to dictate policy but what has happened is that they have so much of their money tied up in the U.S. their future is now tied to how well the United States does economically. Add to this that the Chinese Economy is entirely based upon Sales of Product to the United States. Without U.S. Imports the Chinese Economy would quickly fail.

Thus the U.S. controls the Chinese Economy in every way. If the Chinese should attempt to invade Taiwan or attack Japan or attack any U.S. Interest...not only would the Chinese Military suffer a Major Defeat but also since China has almost ZERO Force Projection capabilities...the U.S. Military and especially the U.S. Navy could stop all Chinese Shipping going in or out of the country. We could stop all OIL and GAS shipments from reaching China. We could also stop all payments of our loans as well as stop all imports of Chinese Goods as anything we import from China is not essential to the U.S.

The Chinese Economy would fail in a week. They have invested the bulk of their money in the U.S. and their Economy is One Dimensional and dependent upon sale of Goods to the U.S. Add to this the complete and total inability of China to be able to force payment as well as China's inability to stop the U.S. Military from preventing goods from coming in or out of China.

The only possible option in these Highly Unlikely events would be Nuclear Threats but even there...the U.S. now has a very accurate SM-3 ABM System as well as the ongoing FEL system of which at this point two land based sites are functional and a Classified Ocean Going Platforms. Once all U.S. Carriers and Aegis Cruisers are fitted with Nuclear Powered FEL's as well as the Satellite Targeting System for over the Horizon Beaming...the U.S. will be all but impervious to Missile Attack.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Its one thing to take a territory over and its another thing to hold on to it. I wouldnt argue and agree that the US could probably take any country by force if it wanted to, but i doubt they could keep control of it indefinitely.
edit on 30-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

if the romans have this techonology then borders will cease to exists. something that "the american empire" is not capable of.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, I would like to believe you, only because I live in america and I don't want my generation to have to suffer for something they never wanted to be a part of and never believed in. Especially since I think my more awakened generation could have a chance to fix it... It's a real shame, but I believe we are definitely living in the times of the Fall of America. That is not to say she won't ride up again, but...

The fact you need to realise is that the most powerful people in America DO NOT CARE about the concept of "America" or "USA"... When you have wealth and power beyong your imagination, borders, and therefore, patriotism, mean very little. They can live like a king in any location of their desire. We think of America as special because it started real freedom... But they will always have more freedom than us, no matter where they are, because of their alliances with other powerful people around the globe. You go to another country, and for them its like going to a club or restaurant where your best buddy owns the place.

When you have that much money and therefore power, what do you care about? What do you focus your efforts on?

And please remember they are not like us, so the answer is not "make the world a better place". The number one answer is to do whatever it takes to PRESERVE that power, because its addicting. So, if your power is dependant on the good graces of one even more powerful than yourself, then you had best do exactly as you are told! It doesn't matter if you AGREE with it...or UNDERSTAND it! All you need to understand is that you are doing what it takes to preserve your status, and all the benefits that come with it.

Listen kid, I used to be like you. I used to dream. Now I know the reality of what my country has become and that its been in the works since long before I was born.

I think we used to have a purpose. But then again, that might have been a dream.
I think I used to have a voice. Now I never make a sound.
I just do what I've been told. I really don't want them to come around...

Oh, no.

I can feel their eyes are watching. In case I lose myself again...
Sometimes I think I'm happy here. Sometimes... I still pretend.

edit on 12/30/2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree with you buddy... Technology is our ace in the hole... I just don't know if I can really be confident that it will be that way for much longer. How long can technology fill the hole created by our economy? But maybe I'm just way wrong. I hope I am. Although I may not always be proud of my governments actions, the USA is still the best chance we've got for freedom. It needs a LOT of work, but maybe its not too late...

So China is dependant on us. What percentage of our debt is owned by them?

I admit I don't know a lot about this topic, and I'm only saying how I feel. Feelings can be deceitful. Sometimes intentionally so.
edit on 12/30/2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Ive fought for 20yrs in every town city in england scotland ireland and do my own fighting .

Man you crack me up.
I'm sorry, but I guess it's so counter to my culture.
I've never understood the need to fight, especially over a game, but I guess if you have nothing else.
What a waste of humanity, of the potential.
Do you take pleasure out of hurting people, because you come across like you do.

Sad little man.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

What a joke.

Pity you never read all the thread as someone else pointed this out

that it was 2013 I was taking about..

I posted that when the thread was on it's early legs, before that got pointed out and I still think you'll be wrong. It won't happen, it's wishful thinking and nobody likes a bully, so the U.S.A., if they try, will not prevail. It would be the death of them. I can see states succeeding before I can see this happening.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by pavmas

I agree. Besides even if a global war were to occur at this point I would hope any country smart enough to know how to produce and use nukes would be smart enough to know what would happen to the entire world as a result of a global nuclear conflict. In other words, I would hope that in the case of another global war everyone would be intelligent enough to avoid using nuclear weapons.
edit on 28-12-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

Tell your congressmen that cause so far the USA is the only one to have used it, twice. It was considered a war crime but since it ended the world war many decided to not prosecute the victors.

That may very well be true but since that was truly the first use of such a weapon in a war and it hasn't been repeated, I would venture to say the knowledge acquired after the use of such weapons provided the United States and the rest of the world with invaluable insight into the devastating after effects of nuclear bombs. Specifically radiation. Also I don't know when nukes were considered a war crime and would take an educated guess in stating that I doubt it was considered a war crime until after they were actually used at least once because there wasn't much known about such weapons globally at the time and they were part of a classified program during there initiation in the United States. So how could a classified weapon that had never been used before be made a war crime if nothing was known about it, especially from a global perspective. That being said, you can't really charge someone with a crime if there isn't a law for it yet, even if it's considered a crime today.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by mideast

Hitler persecuted masons.

The USA is not the power elite. It is USED by the power elite. In other words, the rich people of the world who have more affiliation to their yacht clubs than any one country are the ones sending troops everywhere so as to protect their interests. Those people are in the ME as well, not just in Europe or the USA.

If you are told you have a single enemy with a single banner, flag, or identity, then you are being fooled and used by your real enemies which are allied against you and wish for you not to ally yourself with anyone, but rather destroy them.

It is told that he killed JEWs.

I don't believe that US is my enemy , I believe that US president is the biggest puppet of the people who you spoke of.

And I also believe that his friends in entertainment industry are washing brains to attack and invade other countries while they can.

Maybe it is not right about you.

But this theory has something happening in real world.

US troops are still occupying Afghanistan and 1600 people in IRaq embassy

SO pleeeeeeeeeeeease tell me where I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Soon the US is going to be a part of our history of failed nations.
In two to three year the US will finance the total military expenses of the Chinese army just with debt alone to china. That is something you Americans should think about.

USA its GAME OVER you have screwed up big time. How can you people imagine you can take on the world when we own you?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Ok 3 guys in a pub owe you £10, they have guns knifes etc and you ask them for the £10 and they say get lost what are you going to do.

I think america will just dump the $ and bring a new currency out and keep its reserve status with its military might.

No. The US would covertly kill the the three people who owned the debt.
Or they would put a embargo on the tree peoples families so that they would starve to death.

In the future the US wont be able to print a new world currency. Because no one will support it.
The US have proven they suck at being a peaceful world leader. No one wants to support a selfish bully.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Most of the forces in Iraq are /were not American troops. They are /were mercenaries. There are about 2-3 mercenaries to every US soldier at any given time. The same way these international mercenaries outnumber "rebel" forces in Syria and do most of the fighting and most of the civilian massacres and then blame the government forces.

The US army is the cover story to the death and destruction caused by INTERNATIONAL mercenary forces which can not be held accountable in Iraqi courts for war crimes.

There is a larger standing mercenary army than anything any nation has at its disposition besides maybe China.

They are literally people from every country you can think of. The US has a tank drive by on tv while these people shoot up a village and at the end of the war, millions are dead, while most of our troops just got shot at.

That is why they walk endless and useless patrols dodging IEDs and RPGs. It keeps them there and doing something while special forces and the real force, the mercenaries do everything else without the Geneva convention or international oversight´s rules of engagement.

Same mercenary forces that are in Egypt, Libya, Syria now, and those operating out of turkey.

They have a high price tag and the US is damn near bankrupt. Who do you think pays for their services?
Who do you think is on their customer list?

I would even venture to say that the Muslim Brotherhood has been using them to push support onto their lap.

The real enemy of the Middle east is not the US like the real enemy of the US is not the Middle east.

We are dealing with a Marxist insurgency in my country from the leadership down. Mass social engineering and whole sale creation of retards buying it all up, skeptics and sheep alike, in some sort of sick Play where yours and my people are the unknowing actors and the stage is the world.

edit on 31-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join