It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploying Troops to 35 African Countries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My first thought, as was the case for several of the posters before me, is that this is about China. I don't know off hand which of the African countries are basically being rented by China right now, but I do think this is reason enough to find out. I don't think this is just end game, being prepared though. It seems much more like containment and having troops in place like the European colonies in the World Wars. It makes me think that the situation with China is worse than most of us believe and picking up pace. Worrisome stuff, OP. S&F.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

That's why the US wants to keep China out. If China gets a foothold there, then they can control the energy and other resources there. If the US gets that foothold, they get the better deal.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

The difference is that other countries went in with large numbers of troops, and had an almost overwhelming military presence there. This is going to be a covert presence and we're not going to be trying to tell them what to do like the others did.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak

No, it's all about favors. US will send some troops to help those countries and when there will be investment opportunity, US will be first in line. This is how it works.
yes this is how it works. people in the US are just now starting to see what's going on. slowly but surely.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by Zaphod58

SO AFTER THE TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS in aid we sent to Africa we don't have their blessings and we need to give them more? # I say let them have it. The world will never see Africa blossom into what I know it could become. I believe if we fouced on how to turn Africa around we could turn around the whole world. Africa can create so much water and energy for the world just no one see it.
.............you don't get it. when we go in to these countries to "make them better", which really is just to make US corporations more money, we enslave the people in debt. foreign aid comes with stipulations, and those stipulations exploit these countries of their natural resources and make a few people rich while destroying the lives of most.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

Originally posted by baburak

No, it's all about favors. US will send some troops to help those countries and when there will be investment opportunity, US will be first in line. This is how it works.
yes this is how it works. people in the US are just now starting to see what's going on. slowly but surely.

Actually most of the people around the world know that this is how it's done. It's not a bad thing for the US

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

yes they do, but the people in the US are just starting to find out about it, and most are apalled.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I dont know if. "not telling people what to do" is what the US has a reputation for.

I dont make predictions, but i have a gut feeling this is going to get out of hand.

Did Obama make any mention of this in the past months? Was it a campaign issue? It really seems like a last second scramble. I know they have no plans of attack and thats why it isnt an issue for your congress but it still seems like a major policy shift without warning or dire reason. They had the spare troops so why not?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

this strictly has to do with natural resources for the government and eventually large contracts for private corporations in the US. that is it. it's just greed, greed, and greed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

With the coming collapse of the US economy this paradigm shift is indeed coming. When our credit is exhausted and the people are milked for all they are worth, the war (on our part at least) will have to come to a stop because we will not be able to afford it anymore. Our military action is run on a credit card, and the bank is getting tired of our excuses. It shames me to see the shambles our gov't has put this country into to support reckless overspending and a never ending war on whoever they disagree with.

My parents raised me to be a responsible adult. I wonder how the leaders in this country missed those lessons on personal responsibility? Oh, I forgot...they knew exactly what they were doing, and it was all a part of the plan, and the losers are the people that are paying their taxes and bills on time, steadily turning their "credit" into cold hard cash...

How in the world did we get to this point? I wonder who the next world police will be? Let's hope it isn't the UN, because I don't think they have our (or anyones) best interests at heart.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

this strictly has to do with natural resources for the government and eventually large contracts for private corporations in the US. that is it. it's just greed, greed, and greed.

Sure. Im greedy too. That doesnt mean i do business with the assumption that nobody else has any interest in stopping me. With the Iran issue the US has been showing cards for years now in order to guage reactions and possible contempt for what the US wishes to achive. There are many interests in Iran. Without any warning suddenly the US is a couple weeks away from sending troops to Africa. No guage of public reaction, just storm right in.

Im embarrassd that my neighbor is that affraid of China. In fact this doesnt make me at all upset with the US but mut my Canadian blood boils at the though of China scaring my closest neighbor into something so short sighted and ill prepared.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is hardly news or new. We have has troops all over Africa since the cold war. They perform a variety of tasks, mostly training. The US view is if local forces are well trained and given a healthy dose of its your job to defend the nation not launch coups that is will reduce the need for outside aid in the long term. I spent lots of time in Africa when I was in. You find the Brits and French their as well as the occasional Belgian force. A stable Africa is seen a future market for the US. And China as well but with China the only leverage the have is money. Since China lacks the ability to project power Africa remains in the US sphere.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jumangi375

The Gulf of Aden... Somalia... Anti-Piracy are what those navies are there for. To protect the shipping lanes and the cargo.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes it is seen as a market, that's what the whole global empire is about. Take what we want by locking countries into agreements that they can't get out of. A select few in these countries benefit while the rest of the people suffer. It's just wrong, there's no way around it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
First of all RT is lying. Again, no surprise there.

There are NO deployments of this scale being planned. We have troops being attached to Africa with limited rotational deployments. Also certain Brigade Combat Teams will be regionally aligned with certain African nations and regions. Those BCTs will REMAIN IN THE US. However should a military emergency take place they will already have the BCTs, CABs, and sustainment brigades already trained and available to operate in the region.

I recommend people head over to the armytimes.com website as there are plenty of articles detailing these plans.
Secondly the Army is currently downsizing. There are not now, nor will there be in the foreseeable future the man power needed to deploy troops to 35 nations anywhere let alone Africa.

Do your freakin' research people.
edit on 29-12-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh ok my bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

No, the US creates alliances with the countries in question, and then they come to the US for their needs, instead of going to China. This prevents China from getting a foot hold on the continent.

The last thing we need is Chinese expansion.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Since the US is investing in every other country, would China please invest in the USA. Quite a few of us here could use the boost to the economy.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
no, they are invading south carolina !!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join