US Deploying Troops to 35 African Countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of empty promises we are giving these countries that we are going in to basically occupy? Sending our troops all over the world to fight an imaginary war is insane, but at least they're staying consistent in their foreign policy.........

When will we say enough is enough? We need to put an end to the senseless violence we are bringing to the world. We ARE NOT making it less violent, that's for sure.

Here's the link. Troops to 35 African Countries
edit on 28-12-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: link

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
africa is the last step that they need.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's RT which isn't the most reliable, but the US has been using UAVs and F-15E Strike Eagles in Africa for several years now.

My thread on the UAV flights over Africa goes into quite a bit of informed speculation as to the operations there. There is also an F-15E Strike Eagle detachment in Djibouti (God I love that name), and has been there for about 10 years or so that no one really knows what they're up to. Speculation is that they are flying missions in either Somalia or Yemen, but they've been there for so many years, there's no telling where else they've been flying.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
When will we say enough is enough? ]

Pretty sure we have already said that, to deaf ears.
War brings $$$, it is its own commodity, regardless of the thing being fought over. We will never, ever see an end to war, until we have an economic paradigm shift.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
When will we say enough is enough? ]

Pretty sure we have already said that, to deaf ears.
War brings $$$, it is its own commodity, regardless of the thing being fought over. We will never, ever see an end to war, until we have an economic paradigm shift.
yes, when you can print money out of thin air to loan to a country, war does bring $$$ but only to a select few. But of course the printing makes the money worthless so the game can't last forever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

They are probably going there to guard the Chinese miners, like theyre doing in Afghanistan.
Maybe they can bunk up in one of the huge Chinese Ghost Cities that they built there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Have you guys heard about the stargate/vortex that they found in the Guelph of Aden. Apparently 26 countries have their Navies there. Maybe that s why US is sending more troops there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

USA and China are competing for the countries of Latin America and Africa. They had to rebalance their forces since China made a move to Latin America. It's like chess .... with humans

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jumangi375

no i haven't heard about it, but i think the reasons for them being there are pretty much for a global empire and contracts for corporations here in the states. it's a game we've been playing for a long time but it can't last forever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is an interesting video that i found on the subject

www.presstv.com...

One interview suggested the USA is a puppet for the British (I always suspected this)

If the US is going in this alone, how can they afford to maintain a military presence with there current financial position? If they are making this big of a risk just to block China, they must really be desperate.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
China is investing heavily in many African countries, i think that answers the "why" at least. It's called planning ahead.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket
China is investing heavily in many African countries, i think that answers the "why" at least. It's called planning ahead.

Are you saying that the US is planning on using troops to stiffle Chinese Investment?

I dont understand. How?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

No, the US creates alliances with the countries in question, and then they come to the US for their needs, instead of going to China. This prevents China from getting a foot hold on the continent.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

exactly. we've been doing this to countries since the 50's at least.
i have no idea why we have such a bad name with the countries we get involved with.......yes i'm being sarcastic.

we almost always end up enslaving the people of these countries to the US corporation machine.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

exactly. we've been doing this to countries since the 50's at least.
i have no idea why we have such a bad name with the countries we get involved with.......yes i'm being sarcastic.

we almost always end up enslaving the people of these countries to the US corporation machine.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That seems a little thin. Im no expert in foriegn policy. Humor me though. 3500 troops to 35 countries... That is 100 troops per nation. no exactly a force not to recon With. Why wouldnt China just arm the small militia's that dont like the US? Cant be hard to find. That small of a presence with that big of a mandate would give short work to anyone that wanted to intervene and force US to scramble to try and secure the place.

Are you expecting that a base will be attacked to justify sending 50,000 or more troops?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The trick is to send in a small force of trainers to train their military better. Then you give them a deal on equipment, which means you have to come to the US for upgrades, repairs, support, etc. You aren't sending in a force to secure the country, you're sending in a force that is going to teach the indigenous military how to secure the country. That's what A-Teams have been doing for years. There won't be an attack on our bases, unless it's done by whoever the country is fighting, and then you're going to have their troops all over that base to help defend it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No, it's all about favors. US will send some troops to help those countries and when there will be investment opportunity, US will be first in line. This is how it works.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The trick is to send in a small force of trainers to train their military better. Then you give them a deal on equipment, which means you have to come to the US for upgrades, repairs, support, etc. You aren't sending in a force to secure the country, you're sending in a force that is going to teach the indigenous military how to secure the country. That's what A-Teams have been doing for years. There won't be an attack on our bases, unless it's done by whoever the country is fighting, and then you're going to have their troops all over that base to help defend it.

Ok. I am a little skeptical of a possitive reception from the people in those countries. Didnt the British,French, and Russians already do that there? And they are still super poor. What is the US selling that hasnt already found to be BS from other developed countries.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

SO AFTER THE TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS in aid we sent to Africa we don't have their blessings and we need to give them more? # I say let them have it. The world will never see Africa blossom into what I know it could become. I believe if we fouced on how to turn Africa around we could turn around the whole world. Africa can create so much water and energy for the world just no one see it.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join