It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Activision? COD BO 2? My level was Prestige 2-now level 1!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Activision KILLED star trek armada.

If it wasn't for the mod community making ships, stations, or just complete total conversions by gamers it would have not sold as many copies.

The game programmers were cool too. They planned ahead when armada 2 came out since armada 1 was a mod fest. They made most development tools available like map editors, and model viewers. It was fun to make your own ships and stations or try out other peopleĀ“s creations.

To this day I have not found another game that imported as much alternate Sci-fi into it as armada by moders. Everything from Babylon 5 to Futurama. Hell even the ship from galaxy quest. EVERYTHING. Manuals, HUGE communities on many forums in its hay day, everything you could want to never let the game get old. I still have my mod around. I play it once a year just to see if it still works. I tend to move the folder around allot and its huge.

Anyways, Activision released 1 patch for it and said good bye. I doubt they even realized how big of a following they had with the Star trek Armada franchise. Fans were screaming for an Armada 3, they let it die due to bad marketing and retards doing the numbers as far as potential sales.

They get a big thumbs down from me.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

lol.. You do have to admit, they aren't very subtle.

America's Army

How many nations actually fund, through official Government programs, the development and ongoing updating of a full blown, Tier 1 first person shooter game ...and then distribute the whole thing free as a direct recruiting tool of the nation's military? I kinda liked the game too...until I kept landing in jail for friendly fire. Err... No sense of humor.

A bit off topic, but the idea of nations promoting themselves through pop culture is nothing new. Foreign nations actively do it by funding museums of other countries in exchange for exhibitions. No industry is exempt from whoring itself out if it means having to spend less.

Game development is a rather fractured industry, and the oligarchs, such as EA and Activision, value profit over quality, hence why they continuously release under developed games. It's not hard to pick up on, just compare the quality of games from, say, 10-15 years ago with the trash they peddle today. The introduction of DLC and taking games to a digital/online medium made it possible for developers to release games with little content and charge more for additional subpar content later. Before DLCs were introduced, video games really couldn't afford to suck.

Furthermore, originality seems to only exist in the Indie genre, and that genre is so under funded that no idea really reaches it's full potential. Big companies just milk their cash cows and are careful not to risk anything that might not work. In the end, they put out garbage products that ride on title and marketing alone. Throw the COD label on anything and you're guaranteed to sell it to a bunch of fanboys, lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Still NO HELP!

I even posted nicely on Activision's forum, sent PM messages to 2 forum mods (Cutpurse & ATVIassist), and I am still waiting.

At this point I told my son do not play, as I am afraid that if we play and they do try a fix it may not take. Or, simply if the game is broke why play it? So my son is back to playing MineCraft.

Apparently-this is a huge problem with people posting new losses by the minute, and I am sure that thousands more won't link their account to be able to post, while other people just won't care enough to post.

If you have a large number of people participating in any even and you have a large % complaining about the same issue imagine how many others there are. I have noticed a ton of new low levels, and people talking about it in the game. TreyArch and Activision better hop to it quick! Holy Schnickees!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

That made my day. I like this one too:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join