It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Activision? COD BO 2? My level was Prestige 2-now level 1!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice to wake up, turn on the game to find that your prestige playing cards are still there, but I have been reset to level 1. How does this happen? Last week I had to play 10 games without any classes because they were gone too.

It's funny though the more you look into something like this the more you see the lack of service from Activision. I guess TreyArch is already considering leaving Activision, and I would say with good reason.

Does anyone else feel like we got scammed to buy a product that wasn't ready to release to the public, and now the companies (Microsoft, Activision, and TreyArch are in the middle of finalizing all the bug repairs?

I know for a fact Microsoft does this-look at Windows Vista-the largest piece of crap operating system. Then Windows 7 (Vista's repaired version), now look at Windows 8 (A joke) a splash screen that looks like a mobile phone-then right back to Windows 7 haha.

I purchased windows 7 the day it came out and it took me 3 months of speaking to an Indian guy named "Bruce" to fix the operating system. I am tired of being the guinea pig when purchasing a Microsoft product.
edit on 28-12-2012 by samlf3rd because: edit

edit on 28-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
right on brother! preach! I like COD but i download mine so i just play i dont worry about flags or whatever

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It totally has to be a glitch-like I said my Prestige Calling Cards are still there. We don't cheat-no codes-nothing.
My son plays Zombies and I play Hardcore.

I keep trying to shut the system down and reload, as I don't want their systems to save any new data, I would rather wait it out than lose level 52 prestige.

Anyone having these issues?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

The whole thing is not what they made it-the game is awesome, but there are a lot of problems that they never address or claim responsibility on their web sites when someone like me is searching for current bugs.

Where is NukeTown 2012? Of course I have to buy a season pass to play it even though I bought it the day it came out. Not buying it, I will play NukeTown (which took us a week to finally get tot download properly) without online players-whatever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
what did you expect from a game maker just milking the series for money

no significant changes to the game engine or graphics since the beginning and yall expect activision to take pride in their game.

this is the first COD i havnt bought since COD3 and im glad i didnt

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just got Medal_of_Honor_Warfighter-FLT to try out I haven't played it yet.. I hear its good..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's just a video game.... I'm a prestige 2, but if i woke up one day to being a prestige 1 it wouldnt be the end of the world...

And if you want, you can easily cheat up to prestige 10 with everything unlocked with this simple little script that's floating around...
edit on 28-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
what did you expect from a game maker just milking the series for money

no significant changes to the game engine or graphics since the beginning and yall expect activision to take pride in their game.

this is the first COD i havnt bought since COD3 and im glad i didnt

Realistically it is awesome! I love it, and I think it is the best one yet. Just wish the service was better.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
It's just a video game.... I'm a prestige 2, but if i woke up one day to being a prestige 1 it wouldnt be the end of the world...

And if you want, you can easily cheat up to prestige 10 with everything unlocked with this simple little script that's floating around...
edit on 28-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

If you cheat they can catch you and then they will definitely kick you off and reset your butt!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Well they did that to you already, so what's the big deal...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I feel your pain. I really do. I once had a promising Gaming Network ..many years ago. Had a lot of potential and a loyal crew of gamer volunteers to run what took a year to make. (sigh) Know what happened? We received the Gold copy of Tribes II as a freebie to write a review. A little thing..and one of our first times getting such recognition from a gaming company. Anyone else recall Tribes II? If you do, no more needs say when I say we wrote an ACCURATE review of Beta software that had no place on a retail shelf. I learned a hard lesson about being honest and being realistic to survival in a commercial world.

It was also the last official contact of any friendly sort we ever got from any of the gaming companies...and we'd had a couple others working to get some affiliation for content. The truth isn't something they will tolerate and they need the customers to complete the beta testing as a retail product.

(I rarely EVER buy a game that hasn't been out at least a few months for good tech support forums to exist and read everyone else's problems before I put money down... Lots of reasons for that, eh?)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I like the game a lot too, When i first got it i was having a lot of issues will my custom classes not loading during game play and sometimes not even at main menu, but those were fixed with the last update. I haven't played the last three weeks with the holidays and all but hopefully when i turn it on tonight my stuff still there.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Kind of sad, your on this site yet your play that game. Govnerment probably helped create it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Kind of sad, your on this site yet your play that game. Govnerment probably helped create it.

Of course the government helped create it; COD, along with other war games and films, has turned into a great voluntary recruitment tactic. The government basically funds the product in exchange for the product portraying the US military in a positive, kick-ass light. In the case of films, they will grant the film crew access to military gear and vehicles. They basically make it much easier to put out great war related products in exchange for some PR.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I know and I am not even for war in any sense (unless we are being attacked ourselves).

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

its a pretty cool game, but dangerclose went under, and now there will be no more support for the game after the new year. sux

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

lol.. You do have to admit, they aren't very subtle.

America's Army

How many nations actually fund, through official Government programs, the development and ongoing updating of a full blown, Tier 1 first person shooter game ...and then distribute the whole thing free as a direct recruiting tool of the nation's military? I kinda liked the game too...until I kept landing in jail for friendly fire. Err... No sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Funny I have been calling their support line and it keeps telling me due to heavy call volume I have to call back then hangs up.

I am so mad right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like the COD and MOH games, I sometimes dare to delve into the MP aspect, but i sooo suck at it lol

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join