It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Polititians days off while important business needs to be handled?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Then why not commit speciescide and let the rest of the creatures on earth live in peace?

The problem we have is that when a new free country is created it can't future proof itself against itself if that makes sense. Eventually with enough time the founding documents will become so outdated that they lose meaning and need to be refreshed. The USA or any country that i can think of never refreshed any freedoms they only kept add laws that took them away.

We need our government to refresh our constitution and other founding documents but with the same mindset that the originals were created, freedoms in mind.

I think if we can as a country revise these documents with the nations and citizens best interest in mind a lot of these squabbles can be squashed.

It's almost like the USA has to fail and start over on a new foundation but I know the foundation for a new America in the current admins traction is a scary thought.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I'll add what else I think we need. We need something like the Truth and Reconciliation Commission that formed in South Africa following the regime there.

When you stop and think about any future scenario playing out to the end where we may benefit? I keep coming back to a nasty truth. Since World War II, our nation's leaders have sanctioned or run a Government that permitted others of their own doing to commit serious human rights violations I would say cross into outright atrocity in some cases. How would we, as Americans, view things if we heard reports that Nigerian Government Scientists had secretly been infecting residents of Kenya or The Sudan with venereal diseases to 'see what happened? Well, we JUST learned recently that America did just that in Guatemala between 1946 and 1948.

^^ That is a case I applaud Barack Obama for being the man the buck stopped with when that was released. It wouldn't and couldn't have been without his say the way things function today. So..what prompted that? How many more things will the government do anything it takes to hide for "protection" of whomever? It makes ya think, eh? There is a lot of truth to be reconciled, I'm thinking.

<< 1   >>

join