It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Toughens Its Restrictions on Use of the Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaenasDestiny
You are using apples and oranges to show your non existent point. Are you really trying to apply western "freedoms" to a communistic dictatorship like it will set off a chain reaction throughout the globe?
edit on 29-12-2012 by KaenasDestiny because: (no reason given)

No. I'm just saying if they can do it in China, they can do it anywhere. YouTube and Google (which owns YT) are already doing it. It is no longer possible to create an additional e-mail account without providing a real cell phone number so that you can validate the account.

In fact, once you submit your cell phone number it goes into the Google database. We all know that most smartphones use geolocation software and require either a Google account or iTunes account to be activated and remain updated.

So, they know your cell phone number and, by extension, your real identity, location and whereabouts. And people willingly submit their information without really knowing where all that information is stored or what happens to it.

That means you are free, but monitored at all times. That doesn't really sound like freedom to me. It's more like freedom wrapped in something else.
edit on 29-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: Added content and corrected some sentences

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

This is not entirely true. Due to your post I went and set up a Facebook page and a google account. I even set up a gmail account just for S&Gs. They do ask for a phone number but it is not required in any of them. You can continue without it.

<< 1   >>

join