It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy as 200 Utah teachers to be given concealed weapons training in wake of Sandy Hook

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by chrismarco

Rightly so as well, I would want to have a raise if they told me I had to be armed to teach kids.
BTW what If the Teacher refuses to carry one?

I see no problem with allowing the teacher to not have to carry if they are against it, for whatever reason. But, I'd bet you a year's salary as soon as bullets started flying in her direction from some sicko, she would run straight for the teacher that does carry

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The next false flag to twist this part of the Sandy Hook saga..
A crazed teacher who is trusted with concealed weapons turns on their students and ends up shooting 20 kids or so..
The writing is already on the wall given that the Sandy Hook ordeal turned in the wrong direction to control our weapons.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

As sad as it is, you're right. They are going to keep these events up until we finally give in, even if it means killing every one of us.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I only wish that each state would allow this. There is a reason why these sickos target schools, theaters, and malls -lots of people in a gun-free zone means that they can cause the most amount of damage with the smallest risk of being shot themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The point is, you give ANYONE a gun and it can potentially make them a killer, albeit accidental or otherwise.
which is no different than the knife on your kitchen counter or a ladder improperly secured.
accidents happen ... so, what exactly are you suggesting here ?
that SH was an accident or that the 'gun' made him do it ?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

The point is, you give ANYONE a gun and it can potentially make them a killer, albeit accidental or otherwise.
which is no different than the knife on your kitchen counter or a ladder improperly secured.
accidents happen ... so, what exactly are you suggesting here ?
that SH was an accident or that the 'gun' made him do it ?

Neither and if you want to use the stupid knife/gun counter-argument, then I make the point that a gun will kill more people in the time it takes to slash them up. A gun also allows for death to be caused at range, which may I add, possibly makes it easier to kill someone as opposed to using a knife, it certainly also makes it more difficult to stop the culprit

Also, I've heard of people accidentally blowing their brains out whilst cleaning a gun, I've NEVER heard of anyone dropping their kitchen knife, blade-side up and then falling head first on it

edit on 30-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I don't fall for the illusion that i am free, like you seem to.
at least we have the option to accept or deny this illusion, whereas, you don't

freedom isn't granted, it's lived.
which is something you cannot possibly understand, although, those in Utah clearly do.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by lilmehere

Oh sure, this idea is fantastic until some strung out teacher who's had enough of the constant abuse from the children goes berserk in the classroom one day, probably with the gun he was suppose to use to protect the kids

Let me get this straight...

You trust these teachers with your kids, 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, for 3-5 years, UNARMED.

Throw a gun in the mix and suddenly the teachers have turned into Charles Manson and you can't turn your back on them.

Got it.

edit on 29-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

That's rather silly. The gun is just an inanimate object. YOu need a person behind it to make it work.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I don't fall for the illusion that i am free, like you seem to.
at least we have the option to accept or deny this illusion, whereas, you don't

freedom isn't granted, it's lived.
which is something you cannot possibly understand, although, those in Utah clearly do.

Errr ok.

So having a right to bear arms equates to freedom does it?

You only still have your guns because your Government wants you to believe you are still free.....That is the illusion.
They already know you will do jack all with your guns against a tyrannical Government. Because you are already living in it and not doing a damn thing.

Your constitution has been slowly eroding away for years, yet you still continue on regardless whistling a merry tune and believing that your votes will change everything for the better.
But it will continue to get worse and you will still be sitting there polishing your guns when they strip everything away from you, believing that you still have the upper hand because you have weapons, when in fact, you've been served.

The world is a stage and you are being played. Like we all are. The only difference between me and you is that i can see this very clearly.

Open your eyes!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

i've had a gun for several years and it nor i have killed anyone.
i've had knives for a lot longer and they've done more "harm" than any gun in my possession has ever done.
what's your point ?

more ppl survive being shot than attacked by knife.
your poor perception of gun owners and their skills is not an American problem.

then you don't read very much.
it has happened. ppl have lost appendages, animals and children from accidental slashings.

here's one who died trying to save HIS kids ... www.foxnews.com...

Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

and another from Snopes of all places ...

www.snopes.com...
child falls on knife in open dishwasher and dies

more from across the pond ...

menmedia.co.uk...
It is believed Ronald Eden, 61, was mending tiles when he fell backwards on to the blade and suffered a fatal neck injury.

and more ... www.pattayaone.net...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
article.wn.com...

really now, either you enjoy propaganda or you're projecting your own insecurities, which is it ?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Spare me, you have a blatant denial of truth going on:

Looking at developed nations, the U.S. is the end point of a staggering trend where the higher the rate of gun ownership, the more people die from gun wounds. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

hmmmm, you got that from what i said how ?
the right to bear arms is a birthright as is freedom, one simply insures the other.

you can think that all you want.
my single firearm has saved over 2 dozen lives more than the government or its laws have.

so you say ... got anything to back that up ?
nah, didn't think so.

and the rest of this has what to do with the topic ?
my eyes are wide open that's why i'm here and you're there

edit on 30-12-2012 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

there IS something profoundly wrong with how we handle guns ... the US laws are far too restrictive. Gun Free Zones are invitations to destruction and Americans have become far too passive.

don't need to read an opinion piece to see the obvious

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

hmmmm, you got that from what i said how ?
the right to bear arms is a birthright as is freedom, one simply insures the other.

you can think that all you want.
my single firearm has saved over 2 dozen lives more than the government or its laws have.

so you say ... got anything to back that up ?
nah, didn't think so.

and that rest of this has what to do with the topic ?
my eyes are wide open that's why i'm here and you're there

You quoted a part of a post where i was stating to another member that many of you believe you are free because you have guns. When in fact you are not, to which i replied.

I couldn't give a rats butthole about how many lives your little gun has saved. That was not the point of the post you quoted.

Proof to back what up? That your constitution is being eroded away by your Government and that it's getting worse, that all your rights are slowly and subtly being stripped away and most of you are not doing a damn thing to stop it? You would have to be completely blind not to notice that.

By quoting that post of mine, you are going just as off topic as i am.

Good day to you.

edit on 30-12-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh, and what about the use of explosives or vehicles or fire?
Those can provide range and mass casualties as well.

Just say it with me, "I, Zcustosmorum, fear an inanimate object and this is like a child fearing the boogeyman under the bed".

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

i followed the flow of the conversation just fine.
what you replied to is what I SAID, not someone else

and i'll ask you again ... how do you get

So having a right to bear arms equates to freedom does it?
from what i said, at any point in this thread ?
deflection doesn't work on me very well

that response wasn't to your comment and you know it.
i could care less what your opinion of my action is ... that's the whole point.
the action was legal, moral and necessary, that's all that matters.

Proof to back what up?
this nonsensical post of yours that reads ...

You only still have your guns because your Government wants you to believe you are still free.....That is the illusion.
fyi, we've had our guns since day 1 ... yes, they've been restricted, altered and confiscated along the way but they and we still exist ... guns and BoR intact.

our Constitution has changed more times than any other document in history ... however, the DoI is eternal.

you just don't have a clue, do ya ?
good day to you too ... it's Sunday, woohoo, range day

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Spare me, you have a blatant denial of truth going on:

Looking at developed nations, the U.S. is the end point of a staggering trend where the higher the rate of gun ownership, the more people die from gun wounds. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

ANd the Czech republic has more lax gun laws than the US and a murder rate less than the UK. Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in the Americas and a murder rate 6x higher than the US. You ignore this but say she has a denial of truth?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oh, and what about the use of explosives or vehicles or fire?
Those can provide range and mass casualties as well.

Just say it with me, "I, Zcustosmorum, fear an inanimate object and this is like a child fearing the boogeyman under the bed".

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That is cute, and so very REDDIT'ish.

But, you keep fearing an object.
God forbid you become fat, as you will then fear cake.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

That is cute, and so very REDDIT'ish.

But, you keep fearing an object.
God forbid you become fat, as you will then fear cake.

Oh yes mate, but my breeches stained with my own urine from laughing so much, have made me forget my fear

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join