It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars All moving accross sky extremely fast. implications amazing...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

The Stars moving faster could only be the result of an increase in Earths Rotation thus it is the premise of this topic. Since our Sun orbits the Galactic Core just as all the Stars in our Galaxy do...a change in Stellar Orbital Speed around the Galactic core although infinitely unlikely...would effect us as well thus we would not visually see a change. Even if our Sun was not effected and other Stars were we still would not visually see a change.

So the only way for Stars to move faster across the sky is for an increase in Earths Rotational Speed.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I also witnessed this. I found this site while trying to find an explanation for what I saw. The OP said he lives is Australa. I live in the USA. We both experienced this on Thurs night of this week. A google search brought me to this site today.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

I live in the states and I witnessed the same thing about a week ago... Orbs of light (looked like stars) were moving all over the night sky. I counted six of them. They looked like shooting stars, except they didn't just "fall", they moved in spiral-like motions and disappeared shortly after they were done "moving around". Freaky stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
reply to post by GeardUp

I live in the states and I witnessed the same thing about a week ago... Orbs of light (looked like stars) were moving all over the night sky. I counted six of them. They looked like shooting stars, except they didn't just "fall", they moved in spiral-like motions and disappeared shortly after they were done "moving around". Freaky stuff.

What the author of this thread says he witnessed, is the stars in the entire night sky appeared to move across the sky faster than normal. The reason we see the stars move across the sky, is because the earth is rotating on its axis. For the entire sky to move faster...it would mean the earth's rotation sped up...if we are to try and rationalize the claim. Some of us are saying that it doesn't seem like a likely scenario.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hopefully, the original poster comes back online soon. I think he will be happy to see that my family experienced exactly what he descibed. Thanks to all for trying to help me understand what happend..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeardUp
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

i have seen this footage before, its amazing and this is the first thing that came to mind when i saw it at the start, however they were all moving, even the big dipper or saucepan whatever its called was moving with the rest of the stars so i know it was stars and not a horde of ufos

The big dipper isn't visible from your location.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman

Originally posted by GeardUp

i have seen this footage before, its amazing and this is the first thing that came to mind when i saw it at the start, however they were all moving, even the big dipper or saucepan whatever its called was moving with the rest of the stars so i know it was stars and not a horde of ufos

The big dipper isn't visible from your location.

Isn't that where we see Orion's Belt? That is visible from Adelaide.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Ursa Minor is not visible from Adelaide. A couple of stars in Ursa Major (the legs of the bear) peek over the North-Horizon but not the plough or dipper elements of the constellation.

You must be confusing your constellations.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

How come only two of you seen this? This has got to be BS

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000
reply to post by GeardUp

How come only two of you seen this? This has got to be BS

Its probably most likely an optical illusion where the mind suggests and then exaggerates the movement caused by having something in the foreground. Clouds have been suggested but trees blowing in the wind would also do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Something to consider.

I have truthfully seen things in the sky, of UFO, ''two sun'', moving stars varieties that were seen in daylight and at night, mostly with other witnesses, all sane, non drunk, non drugged, people that absolutely DEFIES that which is known as currently taught physics.

Because of this I believe in the possibility of other dimensions, and in a possible conspiracy that currently taught physics is not the truth, it is made up for the purpose of keeping people under control.

Most people have come to the realisation that governments lie, that there is a conspiracy of control over populations. It is entirely feasible, in fact most probable, that education is a prime target for this control and teaching misinformation or ''old'' physics as a means of keeping the masses uneducated and therefore uninformed as to the REAL nature of reality, is an easy way of ensuring they aren't able to REACT appropriately to situations and therefore are easily controlled.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

hey everyone i'm new to this site but looks great so far.about the stars moving fast,i'm in no way qualified to give a scientific explanation but this is how i see it,we are spinning on a sphere of rock,dirt and alloys traveling through space at 18.5 miles per second and i think that strange things happen from time to time just by the nature of the game alone.i tried to find out what might have happen the other night but so far no one seems to know.if i get an answer i will post it.good luck mate.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

i will venture a guess...

'tomorrow, 2 January 2013, the Earth is at Perihelion to the Sun
that is.... we are at the closest part of our orbit around the Sun...

hence we are traveling much faster at this point of our somewhat elliptical orbit

so, the night sky starfield is almost unnoticably transversing the horizon faster than other times in our 365.24 day orbit

i think the increased speed would only be noticable to very sophisticated instruments, not the naked eye
in the northern hemisphere the nights are longer at this point of our solar orbit so an 11 hour observation period just might translate into the illusion of the stars moving more (faster) than a summer 8 hour nighttime of starfield movement

but in your case, in the southern hemisphere. the nights are shorter at this time of year, which coincides with the Earth orbit perihelion (closeness to the Sun, point where the speed of orbit has increased)
edit on 1-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well the world cant start spinning faster without disasterous consequences my "out of the box" theory that the group experienced some form of timeslip

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have two ideas for you GearedUp.

1) Dimensional slip?

There is much talk of recent times about different dimensions/realities/universes merging with ours at this point in time. Due to this it is said that we could see things that appear real yet anomlous to us. Things like light-beings, environmental bleed-through, unusual audio phenomena, even physical changes in weather and the like.

It sounds a bit 'airy-fairy' but i suppose it could actually be possible. There is alot of research backing it up. I guess it all depends on your paradigm and what you allow yourself to buy into.

The other idea centres on the concept that we have a flawed understanding of the way space works. It could explain this.

2) Vortex model of the Solar System

This is based on the work of Dr Bhat. He argues that our solar system is not the sun-centric 'flat pancake' model we have come to know. He suggests that our solar system is a spiral vortex with sun as the head of the pack, acting in a comet-like fashion, dragging the planets behind it in protective conical vortex (cone).

Within this theory (supported by researchers such as Clif High and George Kavassilas), it is suggested that as we shift through the ages/eras (pisces, aquarius, etc) we are actually shifting into different sections of the concical vortex created by the sun. As this happens, all planets shift and as a result different pheomena can be witnessed. If you think about it, temporary increases in movements of the stars across the sky could be possible.

ANyway i hope these ideas stimulate something in you and maybe lead to an answer for you

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

I have been seeing this phenomenon since December 2012. Am an amateur astronomer, so I look up all the time when outisde. At first I saw a star move eratically. Then I realized that ALL the stars were moving in unison.

My only explanation is that the earth must be wobbling quite a bit. If I remember correctly, in 1985 the earth's wobble started to widen and keeps increasing.

One theory I read is that the earth might be headed toward a pole shift. Supposedly the earth has flipped 5 times.

According to Discovery News, the earth's wobble triggers climate change. Seems like we're having climate change on large scale.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by norbrunschwyler
According to Discovery News, the earth's wobble triggers climate change. Seems like we're having climate change on large scale.

The pole shift is magnetic only. In other words, the magnetic north and south poles shift their locations, not the entire earth flipping over.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Hi Playerone01,
This is exactly how it looked!!! Except there were sooooooo many of them, more than in this video. I followed some with binoculars and they appeared to look like a star.
So, if it wasn't the stars moving then perhaps we saw something similar to the video you posted. However, I did see the constellation ( big dipper) glide across my home twice, my husband saw Orion glide as well.
I know that if the stars actually were moving then the Earth should have been in havoc. That thought crossed my mind. After coming back inside I checked on line to see if there was any earthquake activity but there was none. How can I message the op. I would love to chat with him about this since he and I saw this on the same nights while in different countries. I haven't seen him back on here.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
My boyfriend and I have seen this many times above Elizabeth, beginning on NYE. They are either orange or white in colour and appear from various directions in the sky usually moving across the sky at several speeds. We have seen as many as seven in one night, and have seen them slow and come to a complete halt in the sky and have seen others suddenly become brighter and take off really fast. Them simply moving across the sky is what we see every few nights.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Last winter (mid June) my girlfriend and myself witnessed a similar event at Horseshoe Bay near Victor Harbor. We are both avid night photographers and dropped in to the bay around midnight to check the lighting conditions for a possible photo session. On the way back home the cars engine was running at 1800 RPM @ 50 KM/H in a northerly direction and 1300 RPM in an easterly direction at the same speed. The terrain is reasonably level. even declining in a northerly direction and almost totally flat in a Easterly direction. This strange event had ended by the time we arrived in Goolwa ( 8 KM away). We spent perhaps 20 minutes at Horseshoe bay witnessing this event. We are both non drinkers, do not take anything stronger than caffeine or nicotine and were more than awake in the brisk night air. We are both familiar with the region and visit the bay regularly at night.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join