It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars All moving accross sky extremely fast. implications amazing...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

Why do you feel this will increase over the next year?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

Have not read the thread yet but I remember someone posting this exact same thing, I think it was earlier this year, you may do a search as they stated almost word for word what you have said...including the NO there was no drugs and we were not drunk.
Can't remember the location they were from.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by GeardUp
look guys, im not looking for approval from anyone we know what we saw.

I'm looking for anyone whos experienced anything similar over the past few days, or some kind of explination as to what this could have been, as every sinlge theroy i can think litterally falls apart.

i know what we saw defies every single law and every sinlge bit of information out there, but i was hoping that if there was a place on the internet that people would stop read what i wrote, and actually give it some REAL thought, this would be the place.

It isn't happening tonight however, ive been looking every half hour which is really dissapointing, however i do not doubt that things like this will increase over the next year.

Yes, so you witnessed a spectacular phenomenon of stars moving faster across the sky and you turn to members of ATS for an explanation.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Where would you go with that story?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Jupiter made a spectacular showing on Christmas night right next to the moon. You saw Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
just thinking out loud here

1) its very easy to think you see stars moving when they're not - i know this sounds weird but its got to do with the points of brilliant light on a completely dark background, and the eye moving without realising. this can be common across multiple people because everyones eyes operate the same and everyone basically perceives things the same way.

2) maybe could have been a pocket of air of different humidity/temperature that moved/dissipated, causing light refraction

3) could have been some other kind of lights, perhaps meteor shower or flying something, not sure exactly

Unfortunately what I can tell with absolute certainty is that this was nothing more than something along those lines. - because I also live in adelaide, and have been off work over christmas, watching the stars most nights from about 11pm till 3 or 4 am
edit on 28-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2012 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

What a valid and non derogatory response! Applaud!

Something which caused an unusual quality to the atmosphere at that point seems the most logical explanation. I have noticed a lot of odd things about the light quality and sounds in the last months. We can now hear cars coming for a minuet along the highway instead of hearing them only as they pass. It is annoying and strange.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by GeardUp

In the end times, the heavens will roll.

That was earlier this week. All other now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

Originally posted by GeardUp
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

i have seen this footage before, its amazing and this is the first thing that came to mind when i saw it at the start, however they were all moving, even the big dipper or saucepan whatever its called was moving with the rest of the stars so i know it was stars and not a horde of ufos

interesting, well should check for any seismic movement even the tiniest movement can cause disorientation
True ! Last summer when we had that earthquake here in Virginia my husband was working at his shop and he thought that he was falling but it was the ground moving in front of him.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I saw the same thing mate and i`m in north west england. i was walking dogs and due to walking dogs didn`t have much time to think about it i thought it must have been a sattellite or something. It was very bright. I had forgotten about it till i saw your post it was weird. And OP i really can`t think of an answer to what you and your friends witnessed interesting stuff though.

Australia and England do not share the same night sky. They dont even share the night. Its day in one place when its night in the other and England is in the northern hemisphere seeing a different sky than the one in Australia in the southern hemisphere. So its impossible that you and this fella saw the same things. Impossible.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

It isn't happening tonight however, ive been looking every half hour which is really dissapointing, however i do not doubt that things like this will increase over the next year.

And nobody else in Australia saw this?....nobody?

What makes you have no doubts that things like this will increase over the next year?

"Implications amazing" you say?........what are the implications?.....and how have you come to your conclusions?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I had a plausible explanation as it relates to a personal event, but I guess no one on ATS much cares for plausible explanations, do they.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I had a plausible explanation as it relates to a personal event, but I guess no one on ATS much cares for plausible explanations, do they.

I like your explanation and it may be that some changes in the atmosphere is making these phenomenon more widespread then just over a lake. It sounds beautiful!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
I've experienced what appears to be very fast moving stars.

It's actually clouds you can't really see, quickly passing over the sky, giving the appearance of fast moving stars.

It's kinda neat-looking, isn't it?

Let's just say the earth and time is speeding up literally. I have been telling my girlfriend this for the last six months. Time is just passing us by......

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2012 by sylent6 because: double dip post

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If the Earth suddenly rotated faster, we would have noticed more than simply stars moving quickly.

If the stars themselves (or that part of the universe) moved all at once, then they would have been moving faster than the speed of light, and that is just silly.

What you most likely observed (as someone else pointed out), was faint or really dark clouds moving giving the impression that the stars were moving quickly. I would say a lot of us have been caught out by this optical illusion on more than one occasion. Also, static objects on the ground don't take away this optical effect either unless you can focus in on both at the same time, and even then sometime they still appear to move.
edit on 28/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I saw stars doing the exact same thing last night, it actually freaked me out ! Then i realised it was just some barely visible clouds. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had something kind of similar happen to me on the 11th of December this year. Either 10th going into the 11th or 11th going into 12th I can't remember but it was late, probably around 3-4 AM. I'm in the Midwest, US. I was lying down in bed looking out the large window in my bedroom gazing at the typical star scene as I do every night. I noticed one star was a bit brighter than most but wrote that off, be it some planet or something. At some point I noticed the bright star began moving up while the rest were stationary. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and sure enough it kept ascending, eventually started to move quicker until it was completely out of view. Straight up and out of sight in less than a minute. It was definitely strange. Having an interest in Astronomy I have seen my share of satellites, planets, meteor showers etc but never have I watched a star do that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Two beers you say?

Sounds more like mushrooms to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
perhaps a flashback?ive had em before cars on the street looked a mile long as they went by., kinda like stretchy Gumby cars....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well we know a couple of things....

1. Stars are for the most part, suns. Most of the visible ones, anyway. Some of the closer planets look bright as well. Anyway, they have orbits they stay true to. Suns/stars don't just move across the sky at high speeds.

2. If the stars were stationary and it was the earth that moved way fast on its axis....we would all know this. For one, it would likely trigger large waves and perhaps some earthquakes. That didn't happen. We can rule that out.

The way barley oats & grains etc that are used for beer are stored...some are susceptible to moisture or fungi. Ingesting some of these can cause opiate like effects. This is very rare though and not common. That leaves a couple of other possibilities...maybe you perceived the motion of the stars to be much faster than they were, due to an illusion created by moving clouds. And this is very common...and probably what happened.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Two beers you say?

Sounds more like mushrooms to me.

Indeed. Perhaps we are not being told the entire story here? ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join