It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars All moving accross sky extremely fast. implications amazing...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by GeardUp

I had a very potent dream a few years ago, with a theme that was repeated and developed in further dreams over the years since, that some of the 'stars' we take for granted in the skies above us are in fact concealed vessels located not too far from us in the heavens beyond our sphere/ solar system.

I also saw something quite intriguing the other night - a 'star' appeared near to the Moon, where there has never previously been a star. I expected it was a satellite, and thus that it would go off on a tangent as the night progressed & the Moon moved across its normal path in the night sky. However, the 'star' stayed exactly the same distance form the Moon, at exactly the same angle from the Moon, all night. It was in a geo-stationery 'orbit' around the Moon, therefore, and yet - the next night, it wasn't there.

I was baffled, and will be loading up the Stellarium program later, in an effort to see why the damn thing stayed tied to the Moon's orbit, and didn't track off in a different direction as the night progressed. It was as bright in the sky as the North Star, and as large as the ISS.

I'm located in the North-West of England, and this took place on Christmas Day night. The object was visible from the moment the Moon appeared in the evening sky, and stayed exactly positioned in relation to the Moon all night. It was approx two Moon diameter's distance from the Moon, and was located WSW of the Moon itself.

Very odd. Anyone else notice this?

FITO.

Assuming that Christmas day night is the night between the 25th and the 26th, what you saw would have been Jupiter, as it's orbit made it look like it was right next to the moon that evening, and it is also very bright.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

stray objects

Three giant UFO near the Sun December 28, 2012

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamsecret

Wow, a planet and some bad data...um why is this here?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeardUp
reply to post by Kody27

see what gets me is that they were only speeding up untill they were directly above us then they would slow down and go back to normal speed, BUT there was no cluttering or gathering of stars at the point where they slowed down it was if they were fading away or something.

That appears to be exactly how a satellite appears to behave, and appears to curve as it gets overhead, as they describe an apparent arc. It's an illusion, the satellites orbit versus our flat plane of view.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm thinking,like a few have suggested already,that it was some form of optical illusion that bent the light from the stars.i.e different layers of warm and cold air.

The classic example is a mirage in the desert or looking down a long road and seeing the heat haze shimmer making it appear like there's huge puddles of water there.

It sounds crazy but I watched an excellent documentary recently about the night the Titanic sunk.It prooved it had just passed from mild air to freezing air in the Labrador current.

The lookouts should have been able to see the iceberg a mile distant but the the clear cold air caused a 'mirage' effect similar to heat haze on the roads.

They normally see it by the way the berg blots out the stars on the horizon but the optical effect lifted the horizon effectively higher up blocking out the berg until it was almost upon them.

Again it sounds crazy but there were many distorted optical effects that seemed inexplicable that night including how could the Carpathian be less that ten miles away yet not see a massive liner sinking and firing flares,they watched the whole thing happen but thought they were watching a small to midsize liner sitting at rest.

Anyway the point is that changes between lighter warmer air and colder denser air makes the lght refract and creates weird optical illusions.It may be warm still air at ground level but 1000's of feet up la ayer of cold air moving through,perhaps a warmer above that and it made the whole sky appear to pass by that fast.

If the stars did actually move that quickly then it means the earth was rotating faster and I reckon the whole world would have known about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I saw the same thing mate and i`m in north west england. i was walking dogs and due to walking dogs didn`t have much time to think about it i thought it must have been a sattellite or something. It was very bright. I had forgotten about it till i saw your post it was weird. And OP i really can`t think of an answer to what you and your friends witnessed interesting stuff though.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I had an experience years ago where I was driving through a narrow valley at night that had a lake in it. I believe there was some kind of convex temperature inversion layer above the lake that was literally magnifying the sky, acting as a huge magnifying glass. It was amazing. It was as though I could reach up and touch the stars, they seems so much brighter, bigger and closer than I have ever seen them. I was stone sober.

Maybe you experienced something like this? An inversion layer than magnified the stars at a distance (near the horizon) and made them appear to move faster? I'm sure they didn't actually move faster.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

In the end times, the heavens will roll.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

Interesting. A couple of days ago my girlfriend told me "look, the stars are moving, all of them." I didn't even bother to look, cause it was such a crazy statement. I just answered her "it must be the clouds moving..". She said "no" but then we didn't talk about it anymore. We were just unloading the car from groceries and kids, so there were really no time to watch the stars. After reading your post, I regret that!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeardUp
this wasnt some ordanary ufo sighting, oh no, ive seen plenty of those in the past...

The way you have these UFO sightings and them being nothing special to see, while I myself have not seen even once because I was able to identify the other things they are, you must be one of those for whom everything that's not an airplane or a star is a UFO...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Obviously a time warp. Or it could be that stars move faster on this side of the galactic plane. Or you could have been drunk and your friends find it easier to agree with you than not. Probably a time warp.
I did see something like this once. I saw the christmas lights on a house put themselves up and turn on, not kidding. Of course I had eaten 3-4 hits of lsd a few hours prior. Did you guys take any acid?
edit on 28-12-2012 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

I saw a local report in the same time frame of star like Objects moving left and right before streaking to the north and disappearing in overcast conditions it was outside of Detroit Michigan

Not very helpful or exactly similar but there it is
edit on 12/28/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does it really matter what theories people come up with? I'm more curious about the "amazing implications."

Would you like to share?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

Hmmm now where do we start. Ok assuming you really did see this and the phenomenon is real there only two ways the stars move faster:
1. The stars themselves are travelling through space
2. The earth is rotating faster

If 1 then the stars (given the distance from earth) would have to travel faster than the speed of light and everyone else on earth would have noticed.
If 2 then everyone else on earth would have noticed the world spinning faster the day would be shorter etc

Irrespective of "how" EVERYONE ELSE on the planet would have noticed.

Conclusion : too many beers and amnesia............

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
I'm thinking,like a few have suggested already,that it was some form of optical illusion that bent the light from the stars.i.e different layers of warm and cold air.

I am thinking this is the most likely explanation. It probably isn't psychological, because it is extremely rare for multiple people to experience the same hallucination. It could also be related to time somehow, I think, like if you were experiencing some kind of time anomaly.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i had the exact thing happen to me
4-5 years ago i live in edmonton ,ab canada
it was winter time about this time of year my brother and i were installing a satellite dish on the side of his house so we were in and out all night trying to get it lined up
we finally got finished at around 2 in the morning and i went out to check if we picked up all the tools that might have fallen in the snow
when i looked up i noticed the same thing happening some stars seemed to move while others didnt
quite a few of them like 30-40 stars
so i called inside to my brother to get outside and look and we stood there for at least a half hour watching

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Friended!

What, 2nd line? Need I say more?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GeardUp

You can see the stars move? Gosh I guess if I stayed up all night and looked in the same spot that the stars would definatly move out of my range of vision but it would take the hours it takes for the world to turn. I have never seen a star move.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Two beers you say?
Whats your point fella. Two beers is not going to make anyone see things that arent there. The beers dont play into the equation if you ask me. However that doesnt mean that I believe this at all. I have never seen a star move so I am skeptical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join