It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do to prove it, if you suspected neighbors stealing from you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I'd set them up some how. Set out your own paper...Maybe:

Filled with loose confetti... set so it will fall out and make a trail.

Covered on the unseen side with oil, vaseline, ink...whatever.

Put a note in it...

Attach a long fishing line from the paper...to under your door, with something on your side like a piece of paper or whatever so you can see it move, then you can catch them...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Just set up a cam... farout..

catch them and then you have evidence to get them prosecuted.

edit on 29/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: typo lol

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Video. Have her paper delivery bring two one day. Have a video camera there, and record the thieves in action. Then, give a copy to the cops. I don't care it it is "just a paper"; it's isn't theirs, and they should not be stealing it. Also, give a copy of the recording to the management (you did say apartments, right?), and demand that they take action.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by cyoshi

Good idea and yes I do believe you unfortunately we're hold outs don't have cam corders or a phone with one, just your basic simple getting to be or is probably already there
ancient cell phone, a least 8 years old. We have one foot in 21st century one foot in the 20th century as it were.

Do you have any sort of still camera? You can get a cheap digital for not too much these days, places like Walmart. A photo, if you caught them in action, would be evidence.

Another thought.....get the paper early. If she isn't reading the rest, pull the guide, and place the rest back outside. After, that is, rigging it. Even if it's something as simple as filling the pages with baby powder. Chili powder would be better - red stains, and it might irritate them. The idea would be to open the pages from the back, fill them carefully (a little cost, but might be worth it), and place the paper back down as it normally looks. Then, when they pick it up, they get a little surprise. it is not theirs, so how can they complain? Might get the point across.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

YEA that's what I'd do! I like the chili powder idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I shared a common entryway with a neighbour in my last place, and despite there being two numbers on the main door, we only used to get one paper.
When I mentioned to him that I hadn't read the paper in ages, he was shocked and didn't even realise that I would want to read it (I guess being reasonably young means I have no interest in local affairs lol), and we came to an agreement that after he'd read it, he'd leave it for me on the mail table in the communal hall.
Since he was getting over bowel cancer, he had no need for the jobs section.

Obviously this doesn't help the OPs issue.

My friend had a new neighbour going through their bin. They waited until the person was doing it to tell them to stop being a dirty loser, going through peoples bins.
I guess if you have no camera or filming capabilities, your best bet would be to wait until someone is picking it up, then go to the door, open it as they are standing up, or walking off, and just say, "Hey, have you seen my paper?"
Them knowing you know it's going missing is probably enough for it to stop.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join