A new paradigm is in play

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Itisnowagain

One thing I won't do is give homeless people any money or a ride anywhere. They either want drugs or alcohol or they want you to take them somewhere so they can get drugs and alcohol.

How do you know they are homeless when they ask for a lift? And why not give homeless people money? They are in need and you said you are here to serve.

This whole thread is a farce. Full of hypocrites. They preach goodness and kindness but have so many conditions attached. They claim to help and serve others but only certain others.

Sorry.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

One thing I won't do is give homeless people any money or a ride anywhere. They either want drugs or alcohol or they want you to take them somewhere so they can get drugs and alcohol.

How do you know they are homeless when they ask for a lift? And why not give homeless people money? They are in need and you said you are here to serve.

This whole thread is a farce. Full of hypocrites. They preach goodness and kindness but have so many conditions attached. They claim to help and serve others but only certain others.

Sorry.

You're not helping someone by contributing to their drug habit.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm not a hypocrite. I really do practice what I preach. I might not do it all the time, and that is my shortcoming. But I am in far better shape than those who don't help others at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

There is always an excuse for not helping. The excuses are 'the money will be spent on drugs', 'i have to think of my family first', 'it's not safe', 'i am not going to be a hero'.
All i am pointing out and have been throughout this thread is, there are no thick and fast rules concerning helping or serving others. It is a philosophy that makes rules on 'how to be'.
Sometimes we help, sometimes we don't help. No one is good or bad for doing what comes naturally.
It just seems that some people claim to be good and tell others to be good but it is not quite that simple.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'm not a hypocrite. I really do practice what I preach. I might not do it all the time, and that is my shortcoming. But I am in far better shape than those who don't help others at all.

You do practice what you preach - sometimes.
You feel better because you believe there are others who never help, it makes you feel good, superior.
It is all about you feeling good - or feeling like you are good.
This philosophy will not make you feel good in the long run though because when you don't help it makes you feel bad. You believe it is a 'short coming' and hence you made the rule and you broke the rule so you suffer your own condamnation.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

There is always an excuse for not helping. The excuses are 'the money will be spent on drugs', 'i have to think of my family first', 'it's not safe', 'i am not going to be a hero'.
All i am pointing out and have been throughout this thread is, there are no thick and fast rules concerning helping or serving others. It is a philosophy that makes rules on 'how to be'.
Sometimes we help, sometimes we don't help. No one is good or bad for doing what comes naturally.
It just seems that some people claim to be good and tell others to be good but it is not quite that simple.

People can't be good or bad, but the experiences they have and the experiences they influence for others can be. All I've been trying to say is that you do have a voice.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You seem to be the one complicating it all. If that person had been one that set off your own personal alarms you would have done the same as me. I also have helped others in the same situation. I follow my instincts and that is nothing to apologize for.

I stand by what I have said all along...help when you can, and if it is not right, go home. I have given more than my share of rides to people good and bad, and that is why I pick and choose now, because I have been on both ends of the spectrum. THis argument is once again irrelevant to the spirit of this thread and you are simply derailing it to serve your own purposes.

You are obviously the opposite of me. Color me any way you choose but please stop derailing the positive message here to be had for anyone with a good heart and an urge to help, and stop mixing it up with criminals and users who would take all you have to give and then ask for more.

There are some who cannot be helped, and I see this as a reflection of myself in one way or another, but it is what it is and we do what we do for those we can help. If we fix what is wrong with us they may change also. Please stop picking a fight with me as I am not looking for one.

Peace...
edit on 30-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

just so you know, you can't trust everybody. There are predatory and opportunistic people with no morality whatsoever.

Don't fall victim because if you do you will spiral into darkness yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

People can't be good or bad, but the experiences they have and the experiences they influence for others can be. All I've been trying to say is that you do have a voice.

Yes but a voice doesn't help. Talking about helping and serving others does not help or serve. It is a hands on thing. Help when help is needed, like when there is someone is asking for help. People don't ask for help unless they need it. Who and where are these people that are going to be helped by the op?
If the eyes are open it is easy to see where help is needed. But looking into the mind and finding ideas on how to help doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

You do practice what you preach - sometimes.
You feel better because you believe there are others who never help, it makes you feel good, superior.
It is all about you feeling good - or feeling like you are good.
This philosophy will not make you feel good in the long run though because when you don't help it makes you feel bad. You believe it is a 'short coming' and hence you made the rule and you broke the rule so you suffer your own condamnation.

If I am doing this to experience good, then I am doing it for the wrong reason. Thank you, I see that now. I guess you have to be of service for the simple fact that you are of service. Of course their will be suffering. There always is. It is what keeps you on any path. It just so happens though, that all of my suffering is for the right reasons. Because I didn't help when I should have. This is a good thing– to suffer.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Helping happens when it does, i agree.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I didn't mean, "a literal voice", I just meant you have a voice as in, you have a say so in how the world plays out.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
and stop mixing it up with criminals and users who would take all you have to give and then ask for more.

There are some who cannot be helped, and I see this as a reflection of myself in one way or another, but it is what it is and we do what we do for those we can help. If we fix what is wrong with us they may change also.

Do you remember writing this:

Help a brother or sister out if you can. Remember when you sit in judgement of a poor soul with an alcohol or drug problem, that there for the grace of god go I! Never think that this can not happen to you. We can all find ourselves in unbearable pain , and seek out illegal alternatives to help it, the same as we all seek relief thru the legal and misunderstood things we all use to make our lives more acceptable despite our souls reservations, which is why we are all unhappy here.

Above all, remember that we ARE our brothers keeper, and get out there and do something to change your world, because it is not going to change for you!

Did anyone help you when you needed help?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The OP here has helped several people through the end of their lives by taking them in and holding their hand till they were gone. I am not looking for recognition here, just saying that that is the way it should be. WE can all help one another in one way or another. I think I was put here for that purpose, that does not mean I am here to appease anything in you. Please rethink your position here as I have said nothing negative, and I am struggling with that. Why are you against anything I have said? I keep coming back to "You just want to argue."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

The opening post is a fantanstic idea, reaching out and helping others in need is what we should do.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
And that is what I do. Why are we at odds? I am not a rich man, or I would help everyone I come into contact with, I am just a guy trying to help his own family the best I can, and believe me, there are enough problems here to deal with without giving my heart and soul to someone who has sold their own. I am tired, and I will continue this tomorrow. Sorry if one paragraph I wrote distracted you from the positive message I am trying to promote. There is enough addiction in my own family to deal with and my resources are unfortunately limited to what I can produce.

I did not mean to disillusion you in any way shape or form, but there is enough problems within my own to fix, and all I ask is that we all help where we can. Look to the videos you posted yourself and ask yourself why you are arguing here?

Do you just want to hear yourself talk? According to those videos, you are talking to yourself. Why are you here in a conspiracy forum? I am here because it is a HUGE forum with many readers, and my message would get out to many, if you were not trying so very hard to derail it. I'm tired... good night for now.
Peace...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

We can all find ourselves in unbearable pain , and seek out illegal alternatives to help it, the same as we all seek relief thru the legal and misunderstood things we all use to make our lives more acceptable despite our souls reservations, which is why we are all unhappy here.

There is a reason why most people are unhappy here, it is because they are conflicted. It is the beliefs they hold so dear which do not line up with what is really going on that divide them. They so desparately want to feel whole.
They make an image of themselves that they then have to live up to. They set rules for themselves, they make them in the hope of finding happiness. It is the rules we set that traps us, we are restricted by our own beliefs.

Helping is great and it does feel good. But no one should feel bad if they don't help. Feeling bad is never good. Sometimes there are reasons not to help, the natural intelligence will know when to and when not to in the moment.
I am sorry if you think i derailed your thread but it is a public forum.
I offer peace in the long run but the mind does not like what i speak because it goes against what it has had you believe.
Helping happens when it does.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Do you just want to hear yourself talk? According to those videos, you are talking to yourself. Why are you here in a conspiracy forum? I am here because it is a HUGE forum with many readers, and my message would get out to many, if you were not trying so very hard to derail it. I'm tired... good night for now.
Peace...

You ask why am i on a 'conspiracy forum'. I only visit and write in forums which do not talk about conspiracies. It is very hard to find somewhere to express what is known here and ats is somewhere i can express.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The same "service to others" idea that people have been talking about for thousands of years, that people have been trying to "follow" for thousands of years.

Does selfishness and greed still exist in spite of followers of "service to others"? Yes. So obviously it is not natural and the idea is flawed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The same "service to others" idea that people have been talking about for thousands of years, that people have been trying to "follow" for thousands of years.

Does selfishness and greed still exist in spite of followers of "service to others"? Yes. So obviously it is not natural and the idea is flawed.

Uh. Your idea of this being flawed is what is flawed. Because I can just as easily say," does charity exist?... Well then greed is obviously not natural and your idea is flawed"

You sound very "holier than thou". Are you okay? Is everything going good?

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join