A new paradigm is in play

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I believe, and these are simply my own beliefs, that our thoughts create our reality, because our reality is just that, the way our consciousness reacts to the things we perceive is the reality we live in. However, I also believe that science has proven that our awareness effects reality on an atomic scale, and thus I believe we may be more responsible for the world we live in than the simple thoughtless way we take care of it. At any rate, it's an endless debate and unnecessary, as I said, it is my own perception that seems different, and we are all entitled to that.
BTW, I like your avatar, it implies a certain interested awareness that suits you very well.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I don't think science is proven that thoughts or consciousness affects anything, but we could perhaps debate that another time.

What I meant to say was these thoughts need to be put into action before anything can be accomplished. I assume we would both agree with this. It's difficult for myself to put in people's heads that their spirituality itself can accomplish anything, so I feel it necessary to remind people that action is needed. Good thread though. Some people need to be inspired to become motivated.

As for my avatar, I'm glad you like it. It's a daguerreotype of some unknown fellow who seemed to be having a bad day. I made him blink for added creepiness. The dead live again.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

As I can see you are a reasonably intelligent individual, I assume you are familiar with the double slit experiments? If not here is a link that breaks it down simple and easy to understand.

www.youtube.com...

This is one of the reasons I believe our thoughts effect reality more than we realize. Life is interesting and the more you dig, the deeper it gets. I have come to believe there is much more to this life than the material things we hold as provable, and I think science is catching up, and eventually what we call the supernatural will be commonplace.

I agree also that these thoughts need to be put into action, and my OP was indeed that, a call to action.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Coopdog because: typos

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Yes, I'm all too familiar with how Dr. Quantum (Dr. Fred Alan Wolf) interprets the Double Slit experiment. But interpretation isn't proof. It's just a few guys' educated guess as to why the results happened the way they did. Sure the interpretation sounds cool because it implies we can manipulate matter just by being conscious of it, but because it appeals to our vanity doesn't make it true.

There are other interpretations you might want to look over before arriving at any conclusions.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well I come to find that one can support or shoot down about any concept with information found online. Myself, I have done a lot of practice with mind work and visualization, and have found much food for thought as my own thinking process has evolved and changed. I entered into meditation practice and energy work on a lark, and soon found some profound changes going on in my own life.

There came a point where I was no longer the same person I was before. I respect your right to your opinion, and I reserve the right to my own. I tend to look at things from as many perspectives as I can find before I draw these conclusions.

Since the beginning of this information age, we have become inundated with too many false ideas and half baked theories on literally everything. We have to sort through it all and use our experience, education, and instincts to seperate the wheat from the chaff. This thread was not about visualization, but about getting out there and effecting change in real life. Changes like have manifested in my own.

Manifesting our thoughts is as simple as that. We have to make those positive changes, but first we have to realize that there is a need for it, and respond in kind. That is the difference between doing something and just talking about it, all vanity aside. It is all interesting to watch and this is a great time to be alive regardless of the negatives.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

God doesnt want worship he wants fellowship.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can't watch the videos right now, but I will when I get a chance.

You say there are no others, and in an absolute sense that is true. But, we're not having an absolute experience, we are having a subjective one.

There is more to learn about yourself from the illusory others than there is by going within. Your true self can be found more in others than it can be found in your own mind. That is why you must be silent and open. You have to actualize your spirit through attentiveness to others. Then, it becomes apparent that your spirit is shared. It becomes apparent that the perceived other is just a subjective experience and in an absolute sense, untrue.

This doesn't mean don't see the connection, it just means that you need to understand that you have work to do. When you are present, that is good for all, however it is only of direct benefit to you and indirect to others. When you are present and are of service, then that is good for all and exponentially greater for yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

very nice post with a positive influence. what you advise in this thread is the stance of a wise man in today's world.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Thank you kind sir for the complimentary response. I wish I felt like I was a wise man, but I am still so much looking for answers to the same questions I started out with. To be honest I thought there was a half a chance that there was going to be some phenomenal change come in to our lives with the advent of 2012, which has been on my mind since hearing about it in high school in the early 80's.

I remember very well thinking that I would be 47 by then, and wasn't worried because like a lot of young guys I figured I wouldn't live that long. Well here we are...and now I realize it is up to us to manifest any changes that are going to happen. We all know what needs to happen, it just seems to hard to get out of ourselves and get out there and do it.

I find that the more we do to help someone else, the easier it gets to sacrifice that effort, and the more it makes me feel like a worthwhile human being, rather than one of the nonproductive ones idling their days away thinking instead of doing. I read somewhere that true peace happens when your thoughts and your actions become one. I think there might just be something to that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Coop,

Hope you are right on this being an energy that affects us all. I'm still looking for that positive energy but am having trouble finding it. I do make a conscious effort to stay positive and help others. Tired of all the doom predictions leading up to the 21st of December 2012. I really think the people of the world need to come together. You are on target with saying we each need to make this happen. If the positive attitudes and love for others starts at the grass roots level, then our leaders will need to respond lest they lose thier jobs.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by 0mage

Thank you kind sir for the complimentary response. I wish I felt like I was a wise man, but I am still so much looking for answers to the same questions I started out with. To be honest I thought there was a half a chance that there was going to be some phenomenal change come in to our lives with the advent of 2012, which has been on my mind since hearing about it in high school in the early 80's.

I remember very well thinking that I would be 47 by then, and wasn't worried because like a lot of young guys I figured I wouldn't live that long. Well here we are...and now I realize it is up to us to manifest any changes that are going to happen. We all know what needs to happen, it just seems to hard to get out of ourselves and get out there and do it.

I find that the more we do to help someone else, the easier it gets to sacrifice that effort, and the more it makes me feel like a worthwhile human being, rather than one of the nonproductive ones idling their days away thinking instead of doing. I read somewhere that true peace happens when your thoughts and your actions become one. I think there might just be something to that.

dont sell urself short. many ppl find it very hard to try to even get to ur point of heart. u are on the path.. now couple that with meditation on the chakras and prayer for harmony in the unlocking of ur spirit. it is not a futile effort and uve already got half the criteria. access ur higher self and unlock the flow of wave within.

Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more, and I just published a book on all of that. Finding out that the chakras and the energy is a real thing and not part of my imagination has been a very interesting process, but that is another long winded and much debated subject in itself. I thought I was getting a good grasp on things until the energy manifested itself in my life. Now I feel like I am back in kindergarten all over again.

It remains interesting at the very least...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

ah i see.. im preaching to the choir lol

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I love these threads.

Whenever I hear we are all one I always think of Bill Hicks.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.” -Hicks

When Dec.21st rolled by I felt a little different. I felt a positive force awaken within me. At that very moment I felt like I was meant to do something great in the world.

But who knows, it was probably all in my head. One thing is for sure though, ever since that date rolled by I have become less narcissistic and I have cared more about the people around me.

Well anyway, even if nothing did happen on Dec. 21st the 100th anniversary of the Federal Reserve should be interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Only if it means the end of the damn federal reserve system. This country has been going steadily downhill since they came into being in 1913 or whenever it was. I think the USA sold it's very soul on that day IMHO

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Well, the end of 2012 is just around the corner, and I don't know about in your neighborhood, but in my own, the world didn't end and nothing appears changed on first impression.

However, I have noticed a shift in my own perceptions and impressions. I feel more connected and in touch with the world than I ever have before. My impression is that a new spiritual paradigm is in play in our world. More than ever I know that our thoughts and energy effects everything around us.

My message to you all is that we should not wait for the world to change for us, but instead get up and change your own world! DO something for somebody! DO something for yourself! No matter what you do, do something positive! The time for waiting for it all to turn over and become something new is over, it is time to take control and make it happen!

Don't turn your back on someone that needs help, help them! MAKE it happen! IF we all did one thing for somebody else, this world would have gotten that much better for you and for them. We ARE our brothers keeper! If you know somebody in a bad way, please, just reach out to that person and make a difference in their lives, because that will enrich your own life by a similar degree.

Remember that every single one of you will have a moment of need, and if you don't pay it forward, then when your moment of need comes then your world may turn it's back on YOU. You may think you don't need anybody, and right this minute that might seem to be true, but this is the biggest lie any of us can tell to ourselves.

Every single one of us will weaken and get old, and every single one of us may suffer an infirmity in our lives that we will need the people around us to stand up and take our responsibility from all of us. You may see yourself as a strong person, independant of the rest, but in reality we all shine brightly for but a brief time, and even though it may seem like forever in the day to day struggle, our lives are like the sand flowing through an hourglass, and the last few grains will come eventually, and all of us need one another.

Until we all realize that we are connected and intertwined and that what effects the gulf states and fukushima (for example) effects the entire rest of the world, we will continue to be seperated by race and idealism. WE ARE ONE!!! We all depend on the mother we call Earth to nurture and support us, yet we are killing her and ourselves with every dime we spend.

Realize that the only way to change this world is to make positive changes in the way you spend your money and use the money we feed to the beast to work against that beast and cut off it's very head!

Instead of buying vegetables at the local box store, buy from your local farmers markets when you can. Instead of buying beef from one of the only 11 meat processing plants in this country, buy it from a local butcher shop that sells locally grown pasture fed beef. Cows are not supposed to be weaned on grain! this is where the e coli comes from!

If you buy vegetables produced locally, you are getting much more vital energy than you get from the vegetables they sell at the local walmart, which come from half a world away and are often a month old before you get them, meaning their lifegiving vital energy is much weaker, and you don't get the allergenic relief benefits you get from eating locally grown foods. If you buy local beef you won't be getting the beef that was raised in horrid conditions in the factory meat system that those 11 meat processing plants support. Try it and see if I am wrong!

If you buy local, your money goes back into the pockets of farmers and people that you know and live with. The energy goes back to YOU AND YOURS! DON'T FEED INTO THE BEAST if you can help it. There is no future for the family owned businesses if you don't support them at least when you can.

Help a brother or sister out if you can. Remember when you sit in judgement of a poor soul with an alcohol or drug problem, that there for the grace of god go I! Never think that this can not happen to you. We can all find ourselves in unbearable pain , and seek out illegal alternatives to help it, the same as we all seek relief thru the legal and misunderstood things we all use to make our lives more acceptable despite our souls reservations, which is why we are all unhappy here.

Above all, remember that we ARE our brothers keeper, and get out there and do something to change your world, because it is not going to change for you!

Peace and love to you all...

Don't lie. Do you partake? How much weed do you smoke? Again, don't lie.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I think there really was energy that came here, my perspectives have changed as well.

I am more focused on ME.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Coopdog

I think there really was energy that came here, my perspectives have changed as well.

I am more focused on ME.

Who is this 'me'?
If you investigate you will find there is no 'me'.
There is just energy moving.

Who is doing this?
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ah, I just seen this now. "Me" is this center of awareness. Right now awareness is happening through this body.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good food for thought! Just one kind act a day will grow into something more! Sometimes you have a bad day and everything around you plays on it. Hell even the kind acts of good do the same.

I stopped and gave $10 to a sign holder, as I went home I seen 3 more hitching a ride like there was a test of some sorts. Inbetween each one I felt guilty! My mind said you have done your part but my heart had a problem! In todays world you just can not pick up someone on the side of the road anymore. Shame but its true!

Is that how the world is going? Being nice to someone and helping out then next you can not seem to get rid of them! I do have to agree with the vampire idea, since they can not create their own energy they have to steal anothers.

There everywhere! We have raised people looking outside themselves for everything when its already there inside of you! Most outcasts are the ones who have found this power themselves and are concidered outcasts because they will not live with everyone else.

I do hope this is a new start in life, where people do help each other and work togetter and stop fighting over stupid stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join