join

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Good night...
for now

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
Well I have come to realize that I cant work for the next 30 years turning our widgets like George jetson to pay off my mortgage. the thought makes me physically ill, and I can only guess that there's a billion men out there my age that feel the same way, that are kind of pissed that nothing exciting happened on the 21st, but if a global revolution starts against TPTB there will be plenty of people ready to go.

The thought makes me physically ill!!!
Stop thinking then and see what is really happening.
See and hear the thinking that is making you sick. And then find out what it is that is seeing and hearing the thinking.

The people are ready to go. They want it to end. It is their suffering that they wish to end. Imagine how wonderful this could be if you were not suffering from wanting something different. Imagine how wonderful this would be if you didn't have the thought telling about how awful everything is.
Just watch the happening happening and there will be happiness.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Where you buy your vegetables is probably one of the least serious problems one earth.

I've been to farmers markets, And they usually charge 3x as more than a supermarket just because they follow this "organic" premium trend b.s. the major corporate "health" food stores started to exploit yuppies.

Yuppies that want to think they are a special breed of humans don't mind spending $8.99 for 'organic' toothpaste.

As a matter of fact, if they didn't overcharge them they'd go out of business because the yuppies would feel ordinary.

It goes both ways. They (farmers) should be charging the same or one third less out of goodwill and generosity.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
Where you buy your vegetables is probably one of the least serious problems one earth.

What is the most serious problem in the world?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Admit that you want your world to be better too, and that is what led you to these deep existential self knowings.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Life is good when you believe it is good. Life is perfect when you believe it is perfect. You will experience the goodness of it and the perfection of it because you believe it is there.

Serving others is a decision that most of us try to avoid at all times. It always seems like too much of a task to put aside your own comfort to help others be comfortable. But these barriers get broken with practice. I think there are very few humans who have a genuine desire to help others. I think serving others is the paradigm shift we've all been looking for, but most of us have just been too lazy. And if you don't want to be active, how are you going to live?

Service to others is the bridge to higher consciousness. Ultimately, it is appreciation for how things already are, with the desire to do whatever one calls you to do. After all, isn't disagreeing with someone the same thing as disagreeing with life? And isn't denying a call to action from someone a denial of a call to action from life? The lazy, self serving ones don't care about life.

Think, "What can I do to make this world a better place", and you will conclude, "enjoy it how it is". But don't think along those lines if you are unwilling to help someone else find that joy. Regardless of what people tell you, there is a right way to be for someone who wants to be spiritually endowed. Service to others is the spirit of life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The belief that there is a problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Admit that you want your world to be better too, and that is what led you to these deep existential self knowings.

I have realized though, that the world cannot be better.
It is the way the world is viewed, that makes it the way it appears.

I don't want the world to be better - i accept what appears as it appears. 'My world' has disappeared and i see and hear what God has provided, the glory of God is here presently and it is always present.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The belief that there is a problem.

Correct. Belief is the problem!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Life is good when you believe it is good. Life is perfect when you believe it is perfect. You will experience the goodness of it and the perfection of it because you believe it is there.

Serving others is a decision that most of us try to avoid at all times. It always seems like too much of a task to put aside your own comfort to help others be comfortable. But these barriers get broken with practice. I think there are very few humans who have a genuine desire to help others. I think serving others is the paradigm shift we've all been looking for, but most of us have just been too lazy. And if you don't want to be active, how are you going to live?

Service to others is the bridge to higher consciousness. Ultimately, it is appreciation for how things already are, with the desire to do whatever one calls you to do. After all, isn't disagreeing with someone the same thing as disagreeing with life? And isn't denying a call to action from someone a denial of a call to action from life? The lazy, self serving ones don't care about life.

Think, "What can I do to make this world a better place", and you will conclude, "enjoy it how it is". But don't think along those lines if you are unwilling to help someone else find that joy. Regardless of what people tell you, there is a right way to be for someone who wants to be spiritually endowed. Service to others is the spirit of life.

Everywhere i go i smile. I cannot spread unhappiness because i do not feel unhappy.
Life is not good just because you 'believe' it is. Life is bad just because you 'believe' it is.
Life is happening as it is. Yet humans want something more, something else, something different. They 'believe' it should be better.

Wanting it to be better is a sure sign that you are not content.
The mind is never happy because it believes there is 'more' and provides the 'more' for you to veiw but it is not real, it's just a tease. The mind is the devil which tempts and decieves, it leads one astray with it's promises of better.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I grew up serving others, looking to make others lifes better. I wanted everyone to be happy. I believed that i could make them happy. But it is impossible to make someone else happy, you just fail. It is an impossible task to make others happy. Especially if you are not happy!!

It is said somewhere that one must renounce the world. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that 'the world' is just an idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I used to live in Hell, now i live in Heaven and i did not have to change the world.
I just changed the position from where i view from. I experience Heaven because i am in Heaven.

I point to where Heaven is but no one wants it - they prefer the content of their mind, they are all wrapped up in future senarios or past senarios, they miss the gift of presence.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have realized though, that the world cannot be better.
It is the way the world is veiwed, that makes it the way it appears.

I don't want the world to be better - i accept what appears as it appears. 'My world' has disappeared and i see and hear what God has provided, the glory of God is here presently and it is always present.

That is great. Acceptance of what is though, is a service to others mindset. The server of self doesn't care about anything beyond itself, and therefore doesn't care about its glory. The server of others does care.

You can be more serving than you know, and therefore more alive. It's the little things. This morning, I bought my girlfriend and her mom a biscuit. That's no big deal to me, it's just a biscuit. As I pulled out of the drive thru, I checked to make sure they got MY order right, like I always do. The thought crossed my mind, "you might as well check to see if they got the other orders right too". I almost said to myself, "f that, I'm not hanging out here longer than I have to.", but I forced myself to check because I knew it was the right thing to do.

When you make the intention to be of service to others, you really do find things that would make people's lives easier. Ideas of how you could be of service will pop into your head when an opportunity arises. It gives you the wisdom of seeing how the course of events would play out if you were not of service in those instances. Trust me, people do miss many opportunities to make the world a better place. Little things like making sure everyone's order is right have a big and noticeable effect.

Had the order been wrong, and I would have neglected to check for them, then I would have had to hear a tone of dissatisfaction from them. Since it was in the morning, it could have set the tone for their whole day. But their order was right, and I did not brag about my service, so they didn't even know I did it. I guess that's where serving others becomes questionable, because people want to be praised. But it's not about being praised. You need to be confident that you are making a positive difference. And that will pay off in the long run much more than fleeting moments of being praised.
edit on 28-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I grew up serving others, looking to make others lifes better. I wanted everyone to be happy. I believed that i could make them happy. But it is impossible to make someone else happy, you just fail. It is an impossible task to make others happy. Especially if you are not happy!!

It is said somewhere that one must renounce the world. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that 'the world' is just an idea.

You can't make others happy, but you can provide a stable ground for them to be happy on.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

In reality there are no others. Reality is what is happening. If an idea arises saying 'serving others helps' then that is what is happening.
The happening is happening and then someone says they did it. No, no one did it, it is what happened.

Please watch this video to try to understand where i am coming from. It blew 'my' socks off when i watched it!!
Who is doing this?
youtu.be...
Please participate and find out what's really going on.

And then watch this one:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Itsnowagain, after waking up and re-reading over this post from beginning to end, it comes to mind that you simply want to argue and push your religious views into a non religious conversation. I fail to see a single thing wrong with the things you are arguing about. It appears to me that you are bored and unhappy, and if you think you are living in heaven then that is another issue alltogether. It is people ignoring the problems in the world that let these megacorporations put the world in the condition it is in now.

My point was that we can all make life a litle easier for someone else, and frankly I find that once again, something that was meant to be a positive thing has been taken over by argumentative diatribe that contributes nothing to the OP. (shakes head and wonders why)
edit on 28-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

Edit: OK I was wrong about your religious views, but I still think you are bored and just want to argue...with yourself apparently lol
edit on 28-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
IF we all did one thing for somebody else, this world would have gotten that much better for you and for them.

Senior citizens are going to need more and more help staying independent. There are lots of them having a tough time! I've been trying to get a little extra work helping out seniors with homemaking and snow removal and such. A few hours on the weekend can bring in a little extra cash and make a big difference in someones life.

edit on 28-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Too many people nowadays are forgetting that we will ALL be senior citizens at some point, and the older I get the more I can see a shift in the paradigm is needed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by BlueMule

Too many people nowadays are forgetting that we will ALL be senior citizens at some point...

Speak for yourself! I plan to start aging backwards when I hit 43.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

However, I have noticed a shift in my own perceptions and impressions. I feel more connected and in touch with the world than I ever have before. My impression is that a new spiritual paradigm is in play in our world. More than ever I know that our thoughts and energy effects everything around us.

Although I agree with the sentiments of your post, the spiritual paradigm shifts are a personal phenomena and is happening in your own mind, as you have mentioned. I think it's a mistake to think it has any effect, as if it was some perceivable force, on anything about the universe. Thoughts only affect thoughts. It's our entirety that affect everything around us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join