It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Services and Homeland Security Funded Full-Scale Disaster Training Exercises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is pretty insane in the grand scheme of things. It really makes you think...

First, some quotes from Patriot Services website explaining them and what they do:

Patriot Services Corporation was established in 2004 for the purpose of providing “surgical expertise” to clients challenged by preparedness related issues.

We offer a full range of consulting services focused on “organizational resiliency” (Client Preparedness) including all elements of Prevention/Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.

Patriot Services Corporation has conducted over 500 exercises ranging in complexity from tabletop exercises with small agencies to large, full-scale exercises with thousands of participants.

Our scenarios include but aren’t limited to: active shooter, CBRNE, POD, public health emergencies, mass casualty, facility evacuation, lockdown, mass immunization, severe weather, earthquake, and countless others.

Patriot Services

Thousands of participants? Wow. I guess even an entire community is capable of participating in massive terror and disaster drills.

Here are some quotes and a link to a news story about a drill that was funded by Homeland Security (actually through grants, but those grants were used for this exercise).

The Hernando County Sheriff's Office, Spring Hill Fire Rescue and Hernando County Emergency Management held an Active Shooter Training Exercise.

The drill was paid for through a $38,000 state homeland security grant. Much of it went to pay for Patriot Services, a Detroit-based emergency consulting agency, according to the sheriff's office.

Lillibridge said the lessons learned from past school shootings - like the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colo. - was that law enforcement "can't sit around and wait," Lillibridge said.

"Our response was a lot like every other response, only at a much greater scale," said Lt. Matt Lillibridge, who supervised the drill for the sheriff's office.

"It was amazing how we got into it," said Jan Yost, an ESE teacher at the school who also volunteered. "It started to feel real. We got caught up in the action

In all, there were 17 victims who had to be hospitalized. The two gunmen were killed by deputies, according to the scenario.

News Source

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Makes you wonder what they are planning next.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

You're right. You never really know what TPTB have in store. The world is a stage and we are all actors.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

From your link If I may...

Lillibridge said the lessons learned from past school shootings - like the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colo. - was that law enforcement "can't sit around and wait," Lillibridge said.

The old days of containing the scene and waiting for specialty units to arrive are a thing of the past, he said.

Their pipe dream scenario went off without a hitch. The students were saved and the bad guys dusted by the brave deputies that had no fear of real bullets or hidden crazies in dark rooms.

The kicker to me was that they "went in" instead of "sitting around and waiting". And "that is a thing of the past".

Suuurrre it is. Don't hold your breath. The instructions to the first responders is to wait for the "special response". They will not go in until they have a chance to all arrive, gear up, get the layout of the building, form a plan and above all, protect each other (not the victims) as they search every corner for the bad guys.

This is not really shown in the reporting. Time lines are fuzzy about that. The time between first reports of shots fired and the eventual sweep of the building(s) can be hours. Whole other efforts are undertaken to sweep entire neighborhoods for "other" bad guys.

I'm glad their little play acting turned out so positively for the participants. It rarely is the case that they arrive before the whole thing is over anyway. Thats why they call them "responders".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It makes me think of the money involved in these exercises. Patriot Services is a private company, and cities are using the funds from the government for these drills. I'm sure they are making tons of money in the fear business.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think you may have just stated the reason for the extreme number of fatalities at the Sandy Hook shooting; the response time. Medical teams were refused entry and delayed while police fumbled around trying to secure the scene. Perhaps that's why the story has gotten so confused, they're trying to distract everyone from the fact that aid was delayed in reaching the wounded.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yah thats a lot of dough for just one scenario. To be true, they are offering to train civilians in more areas than just shooting incidents. Earthquakes, "mass immunization" (?) drills, etc. 38 grand is quite a bit for just a shoot em up rescue scene. Seems a far cry from my time growing up when "Civil Defense" drills were free and boring.

I'd love to participate in a run and gun response thing like that. Makes me wonder if they used "laser tag" or paintball guns. Sounds like fun. Since theres no real risk, that is.

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Perhaps that's why the story has gotten so confused, they're trying to distract everyone from the fact that aid was delayed in reaching the wounded.

I am trying to be careful about what I say, this subject is sensitive and I know that ATS staff are looking closely at peoples behavior lately.

Remember the LA bank robbery with the two guys in body armor and 1000's of rounds of armor piercing ammo? The police were outgunned that day and swore up and down they would not be caught off guard like that again. When you add scenarios like Waco, Columbine, and all the recent rampage killers I begin to see the policies of the police change in these situations. It has been a long time coming.

From the thin blue line "to protect and to serve" to the military type response teams now employed, there has been a definite tactics shift. Part of me says I can't blame them. They are human with wives and children. They want to go home and sleep in their bed tonight too.

I guess an "over response" is the danger in applying to much force to get a job done. But before you actually go in to an unknown situation you don't really know what you are facing. That makes the job even harder for the "special teams" to deal with. They are sane and are looking for lunatics that murder children. Anything is possible and thats scary. So they go slow.

Some people don't understand that part of it and that could surely cause an outcry. It did at Columbine.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
Thousands of participants? Wow. I guess even an entire community is capable of participating in massive terror and disaster drills.

We used to have crash drills at the airport that involved hundreds of people. They were very realistic, and would involve medevac helicopters, ambulances, hospitals, etc. They're good training, and let first responders react better to what's going on and have a better understanding of their role if the worst happens.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If no one trained for these types of events, we wouldn't be prepared. Some on here go too far with thinking a conspiracy is in everything.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkdir4403

If no one trained for these types of events, we wouldn't be prepared. Some on here go too far with thinking a conspiracy is in everything.

We're prepared? Who's we?

second.

top topics

join