It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes....Like Haarp?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I just found this interesting article....

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.
In that case, what could be causing this humming in the sky?

In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.

Source
edit on 28-12-2012 by relocator because: added link

^^^^Good find^^^^.

OP you wouldn't happen to have a guitar tuner would you? Maybe that could capture the frequency?

link   
reply to post by relocator

Interesting... It looks "normal" up in the sky at the moment, slightly cloudy and chilly. As soon as my 4 hour edit ban on my original goes away, I'll restructure the audio and include everything. Or unless an Mod can remove the ban sooner...

link   
reply to post by turboneon

Matter of fact I do...Good Idea.
lol

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by turboneon

I don't have a guitar tuner, but from the software I was using to enhance the audio - it was coming from 60-400hz.

It may be even lower than that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Well Im in the Hammond area and I havent heard anyhting while out here on patrol.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Looks normal but the hum continues? How is your cat?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes....Like Haarp?

Well, this was the HAARP status from the 3:38 AM recording.... Very interesting. Also it's gotten stronger since then.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
Well Im in the Hammond area and I havent heard anyhting while out here on patrol.

You have to pay attention to it, hopefully you don't have traffic around.

Listen to it closely if you can, you're the only one in the area that and confirm this.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
We're helpless...there's not a damn thing we can do about it...but say our prayers and hope it all works out for the best....

There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.
Intensification of the energy processes in the Earth's core can modulate the geomagnetic field which, through a chain of physical processes at the ionosphere - atmosphere boundary level, generates acoustic-gravity waves the audible range of which has been heard by people in the form of a frightening low-frequency sound in different parts of our planet.
In both cases, even though the causes of acoustic-gravity waves are of a quite understandable geophysical nature, they are indicative of the expected significant increase in solar activity and the geodynamic activity of our planet. There is no doubt that processes in the core rule the internal energy of our planet, therefore, we should expect by the end of 2012 a sharp rise in strong earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and extreme weather events with peak levels in 2013 - 2014

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well Im sitting here with my car off with no traffic in the area yet and still nothing. Maybe not reaching this far? Ill be headed home to Holden in about 30 minutes. Its nice and quiet there. Ill check it out there and report if I hear anyhting.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by sevensheeps
Hello OP, I don't know if it's the same sound but I heard something similar or maybe 100% the same. I would love to hear what you think of this. It left me and my brother in a state of

I really suggest that you listen to this video with a decent sound system. This will not be audible on a cellphone.

Turn up the bass, I left markers in the youtube description. The rest is background noise.

Do what you want with this video. Analyze it, break it down, use it. 0:21 1:45 3:10

Me and my brother heard this for hours, it started early in the morning till 2 pm it was crazy.

I live next to a road so the sound is unbearable sometimes, I left my phone outside of the window and started to record. You will clearly hear what we heard. It was coming from the sky. Let me know what you think this is. The frequency was so deep you could sense the sound. . If you have a decent sound system? I recommend you listening trough one of those
Cause strangely you almost cannot hear it on regular laptops speakers or mobile phones.

Have a nice day world

With love

Seven.

That sounds very similar to what I'm hearing! Listen to the deep-low frequency, and compare it to my recordings!

Here's my latest recording from 3:38 Central: soundcloud.com...

EDIT: Here is the enhanced version soundcloud.com...

I have heard & also recorded that same sound in the past. It's very unnerving!! What's odd is, earlier in the evening, I reported a loud all over rumbling sound, it just kept continuing. I was terrified it was another quake about to happen...funny you reporting another type sound within hours of mine, although different..I'm in south jersey btw...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I did some FFT analysis on a couple of them. It shows spikes at 12 Hz, 68 Hz, 148 Hz, and 155 Hz; the amplitude of each spike is higher than the spikes before it, so the 155 Hz is loudest. Not sure if that helps, but there 'tis.
edit on 12/28/2012 by Thought Provoker because: It's 68Hz, not 69Hz...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
Well Im sitting here with my car off with no traffic in the area yet and still nothing. Maybe not reaching this far? Ill be headed home to Holden in about 30 minutes. Its nice and quiet there. Ill check it out there and report if I hear anyhting.

It's faint, so you have to pay attention.

If you can use this enhanced version of the audio I did last for reference:
soundcloud.com...

The enhanced version from 3:38 might be better:
soundcloud.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
I did some FFT analysis on a couple of them. It shows spikes at 12 Hz, 69 Hz, 148 Hz, and 155 Hz; the amplitude of each spike is higher than the spikes before it, so the 155 Hz is loudest. Not sure if that helps, but there 'tis.

Kinda fits in with the pulsating I first heard when I woke up to it. I'm glad I could pick it up on my phone!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'm a little astonished that an iPhone(tm) microphone has good enough frequency response to capture 12 Hz, actually. If only you had a professional DAT recorder or something, with reference-quality mics...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948

After reading your thread I did a quick search on 'sound waves causing vomiting' and the search engine came up with infrasound. At 12 cycles per second a low frequency sound wave can cause vomiting.

I remembered something about those 'boom-boom' stereos in cars causing human kidneys to liquefy after an extended period of time, every time I hear a 'boom-boom' car go past I think "eeww liquified kidneys".

Anyways just thinking that your cat might be vomiting because of the sound waves. Just out of interest how does the inside of your ears feel? are they vibrating or ringing, do you feel dizzy or sick yourself?

Just another query, are there any military exercises going on in your area where sonic or sonar equipment could be being utilized? are you near a big body of water?
have any whales or any of the like beached themselves either near where you live or opposite where you live?
Only reason I ask is that I read somewhere about whales and dolphins beaching themselves in response to sonar weapons which were being tested underwater which was affecting their sonar and causing them to beach themselves.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kiwitina948 because: Thought about it a bit further.

Odd you bring up the beached whale. That's exactly what happened in my area(SJ). But my report last night was of the really loud rumbling sound, that seemed to just not want to stop....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There is a pretty constant wind going. Sure its not the wind pulsating through the buildings?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hi. I've artificially recreated the sound you should be hearing using the frequency analysis and four sine waves of the proper frequencies. Please give it a listen and tell us if it matches what you're hearing...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join