It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If it's still going on, can u do the window test please? Don't forget to wet the tips of your fingers first.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Subscribed and eagerly waiting for this recording to be made public.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

I went outside again can I can still hear it. Wish iTunes wasn't so damn stubborn and retrieve my damn recordings. I promise I will get it uploaded.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius
If it's still going on, can u do the window test please? Don't forget to wet the tips of your fingers first.

Thanks

Doing it now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

You know,I pretty much dismissed these kind of threads until recently.I've been hearing the same thing here in Florida. Not everyday mind you,but enough that I've noticed it.My daughter,who is five,has as well.So have a few of my neighbors. Last time I heard it was a few days ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Andromerius

I went outside again can I can still hear it. Wish iTunes wasn't so damn stubborn and retrieve my damn recordings. I promise I will get it uploaded.

Did you try to email the recording to the poster who U2U'd you?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Alright gentleman, I emailed to myself from my phone. I can hear it on the audio but you need to have your volume up a bit.

Give me a few mins to find the appropriate way to host it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Possible explanations:

From wikipedia: Non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse

Non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse (NNEMP) is an electromagnetic pulse generated without use of nuclear weapons. There are a number of devices that can achieve this objective, ranging from a large low-inductance capacitor bank discharged into a single-loop antenna or a microwave generator to an explosively pumped flux compression generator. To achieve the frequency characteristics of the pulse needed for optimal coupling into the target, wave-shaping circuits and/or microwave generators are added between the pulse source and the antenna. A vacuum tube particularly suitable for microwave conversion of high energy pulses is the vircator.[36]
NNEMP generators can be carried as a payload of bombs, cruise missiles (such as the CHAMP missile) and drones, allowing construction of electromagnetic bombs with diminished mechanical, thermal and ionizing radiation effects and without the political consequences of deploying nuclear weapons.
The range of NNEMP weapons (non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse bombs) is severely limited compared to nuclear EMP. This is because nearly all NNEMP devices used as weapons require chemical explosives as their initial energy source, but nuclear explosives have an energy yield on the order of one million times that of chemical explosives of similar weight.[37] In addition to the large difference in the energy density of the initial energy source, the electromagnetic pulse from NNEMP weapons must come from within the weapon itself, while nuclear weapons generate EMP as a secondary effect, often at great distances from the detonation.[29] These facts severely limit the range of NNEMP weapons as compared to their nuclear counterparts, but allow for more surgical target discrimination. The effect of small e-bombs has proven to be sufficient for certain terrorist or military operations. Examples of such operations include the destruction of certain fragile electronic control systems of the type critical to the operation of many ground vehicles and aircraft.[38]

Information about the EMP simulators used by the United States during the latter part of the Cold War, along with more general information about electromagnetic pulse, are now in papers under the care of the SUMMA Foundation,[39] which is now hosted at the University of New Mexico.
The SUMMA Foundation web site includes documentation about the huge wooden ATLAS-I simulator (better known as TRESTLE, or "The Sandia Trestle") at Sandia National Labs, New Mexico, which was the world's largest EMP simulator.[40] Nearly all of these large EMP simulators used a specialized version of a Marx generator.[3][4] The SUMMA Foundation now has a 44-minute documentary movie on its web site called "TRESTLE: Landmark of the Cold War".

Electromagnetic pulse induction:
www.google.co.mz... t&rct=j&q=&es&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CGkQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcn.ufl.edu%2Fiejc%2Fpindex%2F0831%2FAAC-Detection-Bernold.doc&ei=qFndU PqiHcKm0QWpj4DoCw&usg=AFQjCNFjT9JEtRcz3DpYwaJnXfv4UmVWJQ&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k

http:// www.nucleardarkness.org/include/nucleardarkness/files/the_effects_of_nuclear_weapons/the_effects_of_nuclear_weapons_chapter_11.pdf

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

Listening to it with my headphones, not sure what I should be listening to, I think I can hear something, a few things actually, is there a road nearby? Traffic.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

Listening to it with my headphones, not sure what I should be listening to, I think I can hear something, a few things actually, is there a road nearby? Traffic.

Listening through 3 sets of studio monitors. I got about the same as you.. I also thought I heard a car in the mix..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

Yes there is a road nearby, listen to the lower frequency of the audio... Damit this was the worst time to build a new computer with a clean hard drive! No software to enhance the audio!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

Yes there is a road nearby, listen to the lower frequency of the audio... Damit this was the worst time to build a new computer with a clean hard drive! No software to enhance the audio!

Could u make it available for download, we cant actually do alot without the file. Also, did it vibrate on your window?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Here is the audio:

soundcloud.com...

I thought there was a car. I don't know how to enhance audio, and still not sure what I'm listening for, but I believe you, there is something there, but too much static for me to distinguish the important part.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Possible explanations:

From wikipedia: Non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse

Non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse (NNEMP) is an electromagnetic pulse generated without use of nuclear weapons. There are a number of devices that can achieve this objective, ranging from a large low-inductance capacitor bank discharged into a single-loop antenna or a microwave generator to an explosively pumped flux compression generator. To achieve the frequency characteristics of the pulse needed for optimal coupling into the target, wave-shaping circuits and/or microwave generators are added between the pulse source and the antenna. A vacuum tube particularly suitable for microwave conversion of high energy pulses is the vircator.[36]
NNEMP generators can be carried as a payload of bombs, cruise missiles (such as the CHAMP missile) and drones, allowing construction of electromagnetic bombs with diminished mechanical, thermal and ionizing radiation effects and without the political consequences of deploying nuclear weapons.
The range of NNEMP weapons (non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse bombs) is severely limited compared to nuclear EMP. This is because nearly all NNEMP devices used as weapons require chemical explosives as their initial energy source, but nuclear explosives have an energy yield on the order of one million times that of chemical explosives of similar weight.[37] In addition to the large difference in the energy density of the initial energy source, the electromagnetic pulse from NNEMP weapons must come from within the weapon itself, while nuclear weapons generate EMP as a secondary effect, often at great distances from the detonation.[29] These facts severely limit the range of NNEMP weapons as compared to their nuclear counterparts, but allow for more surgical target discrimination. The effect of small e-bombs has proven to be sufficient for certain terrorist or military operations. Examples of such operations include the destruction of certain fragile electronic control systems of the type critical to the operation of many ground vehicles and aircraft.[38]

Information about the EMP simulators used by the United States during the latter part of the Cold War, along with more general information about electromagnetic pulse, are now in papers under the care of the SUMMA Foundation,[39] which is now hosted at the University of New Mexico.
The SUMMA Foundation web site includes documentation about the huge wooden ATLAS-I simulator (better known as TRESTLE, or "The Sandia Trestle") at Sandia National Labs, New Mexico, which was the world's largest EMP simulator.[40] Nearly all of these large EMP simulators used a specialized version of a Marx generator.[3][4] The SUMMA Foundation now has a 44-minute documentary movie on its web site called "TRESTLE: Landmark of the Cold War".

Electromagnetic pulse induction:
www.google.co.mz... t&rct=j&q=&es&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CGkQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcn.ufl.edu%2Fiejc%2Fpindex%2F0831%2FAAC-Detection-Bernold.doc&ei=qFndU PqiHcKm0QWpj4DoCw&usg=AFQjCNFjT9JEtRcz3DpYwaJnXfv4UmVWJQ&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k

http:// www.nucleardarkness.org/include/nucleardarkness/files/the_effects_of_nuclear_weapons/the_effects_of_nuclear_weapons_chapter_11.pdf

Thats interesting because Barksdale AFB is in the state, quite a ways from here but it's NW of Baton Rouge with a full arsenal of nuclear weapons. But regardless, this noise is active and I can still hear it. I'm gonna outside again and do another recording.

I'm in only my boxers and I don't care what my neighbors think, I'm doing it for the ATS!
edit on 28-12-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon

www.haarpstatus.com...

Oh damn, look at that guys!

HAARP is active in my area!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Just though i'd check. What about the vibration on the window? Also put a cone to collect the sound on the mic of your phone.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
it's likely that if the frequency is low enough, a decent subwoofer will be necessary. most headphones are simply incapable of reproducing low freqs.

even with a subwoofer, you may want to put a finger on the baffle. LF wavelengths can range up to 10 feet long (better felt than heard).

op, would you say that this sound has a "tone"? can you hum it? anything lower than about 90 Hertz would not sound tonal.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon

www.haarpstatus.com...

Oh damn, look at that guys!

HAARP is active in my area!!!

What files that mean? The HAARP part.
I don't really understand the HAARP stuff.
edit on 28-12-2012 by asinapi1 because: screwed up my post

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join