It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I'm transferring the recording from my phone at the moment.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Heliophant
Are you near any industrial or military facilities? Airports?

Can you put this on a map? Don't have to give away your exact location, just wanna know what 20mi area this is in.

I live in the Baton Rouge area, the only military/aircraft facility is the Baton Rouge Metropolitan airport that also supports the National Guard and Reserve Marines.

How about that recording dude? even if you don't hear anything on it, please upload it...

EDIT: just saw your last post, waiting for it, and thanks

edit on 28/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

IM working on it!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can still hear it as I type this.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Still no change?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Or maybe report it?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Is it directional at all? Like can you tell where it's coming from? Ever hear this before? Any vague idea at all what it could be? Your gut feeling?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I can still hear it as I type this.

yes, very strange, even more so due to the hour... could have a mundane explanation, but if so then it shouldn't be done during the night. If not, then something weird is going on like people reported all over the place. Pulses.... weird....

looking forward to the recording, even if you can hear it at first, it might be possible to amplify and clear the noise off of it and maybe getting something out of it.
edit on 28/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon
Or maybe report it?

To whom?

Originally posted by Andromerius
could have a mundane explanation

Oh, I think it will have a mundane explanation, but I still want to follow this thread and see what it turns out to be.

No idea what it could be though.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have 2 possibilities for you, purely based on your description.

1. Someone is running an automated CNC machine, making repetitive parts , unattended from a hopper. Small machine shops do this a lot at night, and it could be in a basement which is radiating the vibration to the ground.

2. One of the drug cartels is building a tunnel somewhere near you. May sound crazy, but that is one of the ways they get caught. (I would refrain for investigating that one on your own!)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'm trying to get access to my recordings on my iPhone. Unfortunately I built a new system and had to download iTunes. I can still hear... It doesn't seem to have a direction of where it's coming from, just a continuous two pule frequency.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by turboneon
Or maybe report it?

To whom?

Originally posted by Andromerius
could have a mundane explanation

Oh, I think it will have a mundane explanation, but I still want to follow this thread and see what it turns out to be.

No idea what it could be though.

i wanna know it's frequency (hz)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Maybe ask the police if anyone else has reported the noise?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Btw, doesn't your iphone have a compass?

download a compass app real quick and see what's up

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

On the iPhone 4, you can email the recording. Email it to yourself. Or to me. Check your U2U inbox.

Yes, there is a magnetic compass app on the iPhone 4 now that I think of it...

edit on 28-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

1. Someone is running an automated CNC machine, making repetitive parts , unattended from a hopper. Small machine shops do this a lot at night, and it could be in a basement which is radiating the vibration to the ground.

2. One of the drug cartels is building a tunnel somewhere near you. May sound crazy, but that is one of the ways they get caught. (I would refrain for investigating that one on your own!)

Made me chuckle, but I can assure you there isn't any CNC facilities in the area. I've worked for a couple different chem plants with extruders that put out millions of pounds of material. This is a residential area with no industrial facilities within 20+ miles.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

After reading your thread I did a quick search on 'sound waves causing vomiting' and the search engine came up with infrasound. At 12 cycles per second a low frequency sound wave can cause vomiting.

I remembered something about those 'boom-boom' stereos in cars causing human kidneys to liquefy after an extended period of time, every time I hear a 'boom-boom' car go past I think "eeww liquified kidneys".

Anyways just thinking that your cat might be vomiting because of the sound waves. Just out of interest how does the inside of your ears feel? are they vibrating or ringing, do you feel dizzy or sick yourself?

Just another query, are there any military exercises going on in your area where sonic or sonar equipment could be being utilized? are you near a big body of water?
have any whales or any of the like beached themselves either near where you live or opposite where you live?
Only reason I ask is that I read somewhere about whales and dolphins beaching themselves in response to sonar weapons which were being tested underwater which was affecting their sonar and causing them to beach themselves.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kiwitina948 because: Thought about it a bit further.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Made me chuckle, but I can assure you there isn't any CNC facilities in the area. I've worked for a couple different chem plants with extruders that put out millions of pounds of material. This is a residential area with no industrial facilities within 20+ miles.

It's still going on? any window vibration? wet your fingers and put them against a window, barely touching them and see if you feel anything

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Ok, but small CNC machines are cheap today, and you could have a small buis. owner working at home. Just a thought, and good luck with your search.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join