It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud huming noises at this very moment, southern Louisiana.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RightlyCurious

I lived in New Orleans as well, and the ground is so marshy that shockwaves pass through it like moving through thick mud. Pylons for something were being placed somewhere along the Mississippi, and my apartment on Magazine Street was being pounded apart little by little by it, dinkdink........dinkdink........dinkdink. I could feel the buses rumble along for a good two or three blocks.

Anyway. The sound, I believe, is an unmanned aerial vehicle I believe.

LISTEN CLOSELY AT 1:55 to 1:59 on this.

Compare to other sounds generated by the same applications

I have just gone through dozens of videos looking for one that shows UAV sounds clearly.
They are all covered up with music or voice overs and flashy cuts.
Because the sound is a dead give away?

Sometime this summer, on a warm moonless night I went outside at 3AM and noticed this hum.
HmmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

I called the cops and tried to explain to them the noise as a pulsating electrical kind of vibration. They didn't seem to be taking me serious until I said it sounded like an electrical transformer about to blow and maybe it was a fire hazard, I mentioned there were no street or house lights on for a few blocks behind my house.

A few days later I saw a video for the P-791 from Lockheed Martin with actual vehicle sound.

I and I said "holy crap thats it!" , however now I can't find a video with the vehicle sound anywhere.

Incidentally the town fixed the street light on the block behind my house.
Could it be that the noise comes from street lighting?
I seem to recall some kind of urban summer noise from streetlamps. Or was that cicadas?
Any inner city people recall street light noises?
Here we go Radio Frequency Interference caused by Streetlight malfunction

Also another possibility is Asphalt Repaving

My incident happened in Colorado near an airport and major roads/highways.

edit on 30-12-2012 by vibrantlumina because: fixed video links

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary
Is it a low frequency? Any heavy continuous low frequency sound can potentially cause nausea in animals or people; I know it can have that effect on me.

It's definitely low in frequency. I just stepped outside and recorded 2 minutes form my iPhone. I'm gonna upload it to my computer right now.

What's weird is that it doesn't any sound louder outside as it does in my house.
I know those hums you are talking about . I often wonder if they are Harp type frequencies pounding away or if you have you're friendly UFO hovering overhead at these times .

Take note of how you sleep after hearing it . Do you go into deep slumber ?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey923

Hey Mikey, sorry for late reply. I tried u2u but wouldn't allow me.. said i could only do that with a mod?? Anyways, i find it difficult to relate this hum to something for comparison but if i had to, i would say its very similar to the sound you would experience being under a high voltage power line. The difference though is that this hum while being constant for a time, will briefly "spike" or increase for short time then return to the "steady low" and the cycle continously repeats itself..? Thats the best way i can describe it. I have at times gotten nausea and dizzy as well as ringing in the ears even but this is not always the case. ...and like you, if in the house laying in bed no matter how i position myself or my head the hum is a constant. I notice it more so in the calm and still of the night.. nothing else to drown it out. However im certain it happens during the day as well, just not as noticeable. Hope that answers your question. Would like to hear back from ya. Oh by the way, im in the se.
Anyways, Happy New Year to you and everyone else!! Be safe.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KUBASSA

Thanks KUBASA,

After hearing your description of the hum, I agree, and can confirm that we must be hearing the same thing. It isn't so much of a pulsating sound, but it does have spikes where it gets louder. And I agree that it is more evident in the quite/still of laying in bed at night time, but I have heard it during the day if it's quiet in the house.

After my last post, I did wake up and hear the sound extremely loud at 4:45AM on Dec 30th. I eventually made a recording at 5:24AM (still unable to fall asleep) with my iPhone 5, but when I play back the recording I hear nothing. I even tried listening with good quality ear-bud headphones at full volume, but can't hear the hum on the recording. I may try and view the recording on my computer in Sony Soundforge so that I can look at the waves of the audio recording, but I doubt it will show anything that I can identify as strange.

Interestingly enough, I just got back from spending 3 nights in Montana just North of Whitefish, and I could hear the hum there one night. It wasn't as loud as usual, but I could hear it one night. I can rule out that it was anything industrial because we were staying in a remote location in the middle of the woods.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your input with me. If you experience anything else out of the ordinary, or if you have any questions for me, let me know.

Happy New Year

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have been hearing the loud humming sound again for the last few nights. I hadn't heard it all summer or Fall, but for the last week it has been extremely loud. I remembered that I had posted on ATS last year, so I came to check exactly what time of year it was, and it was December as well.

I still have no explanation for it, and my wife can't hear the humming next to me in bed. This is my new theory:

Maybe it is something actually wrong with my ears. One thought is that perhaps it has to do with cold weather. It seems to happen only during the cold winter months (I live in Alberta Canada). There has been an awful cold-snap lately with temperatures of -28C, and I have been riding my bicycle for a short ride to the train station every day for work still. Maybe it is something to do with extremely cold air affecting my ears.

...but that doesn't explain other people having this problem who live in warm climates.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Mikey923

I have been hearing the loud humming sound again for the last few nights. I hadn't heard it all summer or Fall, but for the last week it has been extremely loud. I remembered that I had posted on ATS last year, so I came to check exactly what time of year it was, and it was December as well.

I still have no explanation for it, and my wife can't hear the humming next to me in bed. This is my new theory:

Maybe it is something actually wrong with my ears. One thought is that perhaps it has to do with cold weather. It seems to happen only during the cold winter months (I live in Alberta Canada). There has been an awful cold-snap lately with temperatures of -28C, and I have been riding my bicycle for a short ride to the train station every day for work still. Maybe it is something to do with extremely cold air affecting my ears.

...but that doesn't explain other people having this problem who live in warm climates.

hi mikey

i do not think anything is wrong with your hearing; in fact, the 'trouble' might be that you are simply ultra sensitive

here is a thread you might like about what some call 'eartones'
youarenotalone.freeforums.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by julia53

Thanks for the link Julia. I've got a lot of reading to do!

Ps. Last night the humming was so bad that I had to put in ear bud headphones and listen to a podcast while in bed. While people were talking on the podcast, I couldn't notice the humming sound, but during brief pauses between their conversation, the humming was evident. SO annoying!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Clisen33

Ok i joined this site,to specify post here. As i have been restless during the night and because of this......between 4 and 5 am. I heard this low pulsating humming noise....it happened twice. Then just stoped. I live near prairieville Louisiana.......I'm so creeped out right now...no sleep for me.....

I understand this post is from 2013,but figured I'd ask if you ever figured out what it was.

*I can also hear pretty well and can hear all of the frequencies they use for hearing tests. If that means any thing..*
edit on 28-4-2016 by LadyEllesmere because: Added thing about my hearing...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyEllesmere

I still say it's nuke powered tunnel boring machines, connecting elite bunkers.

They know the time is short, and I hope they choke down there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyEllesmere

You should start a new post and a new discussion. It could turn out to be interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan001
Whoa... just whoa.

What can I say? I'm a bit shocked after hearing those recordings from the Cloud, as I hear those VERY same sounds right here in San diego - and at around the same time, too!
I thought for a moment that this low humming was in my head and NOT from a physical source.

But whoa, those recordings on the previous pages are EXACTLY what I hear at night.
At times this humming can be quite relaxing - and can easily make me drowsy enough to fall asleep.

Man I'm spooked...
I hope it's nothing.

I didn't want to say anything but since you did, I am on the West coast and for the last two evenings 27-28 we have been hearing what starts out sounding like a high flying military jet sound, but it doesn't stop it just goes on and on with fluctuations that sound like something mechanical for just seconds at a time.

Not sure if we only hear it in the evening because it is quieter then or not we are also near a highway far Northern Ca.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
maybe they are trying to do something like nullify earth vibrations of earthquake precursor type to stop an earthqake INSTEAD OF START ONE? like nullifying sound by bradasting the exact opposite wave?
30-49 miles from the sinkhole is not that far......perhaps its the underground activity in that area?
Piezeo electric activity from shifting underground due to the liquidisation of stratas affected by the sinkhole?
No telling how the disturbances going on down there will display themselves.
just sayin

Yes maybe there are wars going on actually.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyEllesmere
a reply to: Clisen33

Ok i joined this site,to specify post here. As i have been restless during the night and because of this......between 4 and 5 am. I heard this low pulsating humming noise....it happened twice. Then just stoped. I live near prairieville Louisiana.......I'm so creeped out right now...no sleep for me.....

I understand this post is from 2013,but figured I'd ask if you ever figured out what it was.

*I can also hear pretty well and can hear all of the frequencies they use for hearing tests. If that means any thing..*

Accoustic Gravity Waves

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join