It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The night that fear took away a percentage of my manly dignity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It was only less then 24 hours ago (last night) when i had my last sleep paralysis, I've had many sleep paralysis experiences before but this experiences as it was unusual you could say, it was around 1:00 in the morning, humid heat passing through my room from outside. During this time i would wake up a little bit then drift off in a dream then wake up again then drift off in a dream.. then suddenly when i woke up again i opened my eyes and looked around the room and felt something was not right something was strange... I then knew what was happening.. i was drifting off into sleep paralysis.. I thought to myself "Ugh-weeee" " Here we go again" from the beginning of me noticing i was drifting off into sleep paralysis i had my eyes open and found something unusual happen, The room was pitch dark at start but then i noticed the room started lighting up with a "light brownish color" as it started getting brighter i was amazed because i could see everything in my room! i knew my eyes were open & while the room changed color i was slightly moving my arms, after the room went completely light brownish i then started feeling a unusual feeling in my head it was like mentally-pain of fear you could only experience when one is standing in the presence of the devil himself.

I have had many sleep paralysis experiences before & grew to master the previous experiences without fear but this experience i had was not of an ordinary sort, as soon as i started feeling this pain of fear i told myself this is one sleep paralysis i don't feel like F$&king with tonight.

Please excuse my grammar! as this is my 3rd language.

edit on 28-12-2012 by FeelingPure because: Forgot something

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

i then started feeling a unusual feeling in my head it was like mentally-pain of fear you could only experience when one is standing in the presence of the devil himself.

And what made you think you were in the presence of the devil? You have been there and felt that "fear" before? Or was it just wishful thinking?

I guarantee you he is busy with world leaders right now. We are small fry. If he wants to bother us he does it with legislation.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And what made you think you were in the presence of the devil? You have been there and felt that "fear" before? Or was it just wishful thinking?

I was just thinking what it is as seen in the horror movies ..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hi, I love reading about experiences like this because I've had many episodes of sleep paralysis, and for me it usually comes with a feeling of fear unlike anything I've ever experienced.

One night, I was staying with a friend and awoke from a nightmare unable to move or speak. Everything was dark, however I could see a shadow of a person moving about the room very quickly, as if "teleporting". This thing came right next to my bed and just stood there... it really freaked me out.

Sometimes, around 1:30-3:30AM (EST) I will hear noises in my home such as a knock.

Last night I was lying in bed, and heard a metallic bang coming from a room I have various objects stored in, and this was immediately after being awakened from a nightmare of something chasing me.

I always feel a sense of fear when this happens...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by intrptr

I was just thinking what it is as seen in the horror movies ..

Well, there you go... those are just movies, right? When you are "awake" in your dreams, I think they call that lucid dreaming. You have more control over them at that moment than any other. To change the dream, to look at your hands, to leave if you want...

You ever hear of that? Using an anchor? Others know it better than I, maybe one will be along to explain it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think he is saying that just to give you an idea of the kind of fear he feels. I know what he is describing, because I've felt it too, but I believe there is an evil entity present because of what I've experienced... if it was a good thing, I don't think I'd fear it but I'm kindof new to this...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

This must be very frightening.

Some cultures, unable to explain this physical/biological phenomenon, will claim that its caused by spirits or ghosts.

edit on 28-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Sometimes, around 1:30-3:30AM (EST) I will hear noises in my home such as a knock.

Single sounds aren't usually an indication. Its when they come in three's that catch your attention. Three knocks or raps. Its hard for something to fall or a gas can to expand and make three sounds back to back.

Last night I was lying in bed, and heard a metallic bang coming from a room I have various objects stored in, and this was immediately after being awakened from a nightmare of something chasing me.

One noise? Thats it? Hmmm...

All homes make "a" noise.

I was up late at my brothers house one night watching TV. He has a wall of windows out back so you can see the backyard clearly. There are street lights nearby so its always illuminated. He has a dog and it was curled up at my feet on the couch.

I heard three distinct rap rap rap noises on the window by the door. The dog growled a low growl and kept it up. I was looking right at the spot the knocking came from and no one was there. No one could have slipped in and out to do that, the patio outside the window is big and there is no place to hide. There are no curtains, all I had to do was shift my gaze from the TV to the window.

The family was gone so it wash't anyone in or around the house. When someone knocks on the door or rings the door bell the dog goes off like an alarm. He just growled that low growl, like he knew what it was but didn't want to do anything but alert me to something... weird.

So I got up and went to the door and opened it and walked out back and the dog followed. They have a lawn out around the side of the house and locked gates. Nobody was there.

I was standing there quietly listening for any tell tales when the dog began barking inside the house. This time it was the alarm bark like somebody is at the front door. Oh, I said to myself. Maybe some visitor is at the front door now and doesn't know the family is gone or...?

It is about 3 am and I walk back to the rear entrance and stare in the house. The dog is sitting in the middle of the living room barking... at the ... ceiling.

I stop and stare. He is alert and he is sitting in the center of the room and he is barking at the ceiling. I call his name but he continues barking at nothing. I walk in and past him to the front door, open it and no one is there. The dog doesn't come to the door (which is unusual in itself). I come back to the living room and the dog is quiet now and approaches me with head down tail wagging like, its okay now. I lock up the house and turn the lights off and lie back down on the couch. But I don't sleep. There is this creepy feeling about the place. Nothing else happens and I fall asleep.

Their house has this history. They deny it but have had a group do a walk thru and they ended it because stuff was happening. The alarm goes off and auto calls the police so often they have been fined. There are orbs in photos they take. Every family member has had some kind of weird experience that they dismiss. The walls are rotten inside with mold, the lights flicker, the son has bad dreams. Etc,etc.

Point being that experiences need to have several elements to begin to count for something when you add it all up. There needs to be a history, multiple experiences, shared experience. Some kind of outside corroboration, Get the point?

And after all that their "ghost" or whatever it is, has never harmed anyone or caused real serious problems with their house. So what do you attribute that or any experience like it? Hardly demonic.

Mischevious maybe, or a joker, I dunno.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure why you're getting the negative feelings you are, because I get sleep paralysis quite often and it's generally a positive feeling. Something about existing completely in my mind, with no body to worry about, just seems so peaceful.

Maybe it's just a matter of belief - if you believe a certain thing should be feared, you will end up fearing it, it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You need to hook up with the uncreated One...

Things like this were meant to bring you closer to HIM.

He KNOWS what YOU need to know.

You don't HAVE to put up with this..

sleep paralysis Google Search

sleep paralysis YouTube Search

These are demons you are dealing with
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How To Make The Devil Leave You Alone

Mark Virkler seven supernatural prayers

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

but I believe there is an evil entity present because of what I've experienced... if it was a good thing, I don't think I'd fear it but I'm kind of new to this...

Unless you actually see something in your minds eye or for real, like a shadow, light or scarier a full figure, I wouldn't be able to say that you are experiencing anything just based on "fear" alone. Unless you can be more descriptive...

And even when faced with something we don't understand fear is the natural reaction. After all you are used to living things being "real", right? Real people in the flesh. When we meet something that is there but isn't "familiar" that is the fear of the unknown and it is a completely normal human reaction. If you believe you are a spirit, then aren't these just people without bodies? They used to have a body and now they are only spirit.

But simple fear needs to be augmented with other, call them "symptoms", like hair standing in end. Chills up the spine, something called "fun house effect" where you are wobbly or weak knee'd, maybe dizzy, nauseous. There are sudden feelings of cold or heat or slight breezes and goose pimples, the list is endless. How many of those do you put together at once?

Put it this way. When a spirit wants to make it self known there is a reason to put the energy into that. It has a purpose whatever that may be. So you are left afterwards with a clear and distinct knowing that you have been visited. These are not always clear the meaning but clear that it happened in your mind and of such a magnitude that you will always remember that. Then you think about the experience and wonder what the point of that was.

What the meaning of it was. Sometimes its just a family member or sometimes we may never know. Sometimes its not a good thing or a warning, but you usually know that. It may recur or just once. It may try to approach night after night to deliver some message or be afflicting you for some reason.

Mostly if you think about your day or your life and try to think about the details of what happened somewhere in there is an answer. Sometimes they just clowning. Like a kid who rings your doorbell and runs away.

edit on 28-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This sounds to me that you are in one of the stages of a wake induced lucid dream, called hypnagogic state where your body undergoes sleep paralysis yet you are still awake. This can be an incredibly frightening experience for sure, i have been through several myself and yes, you can feel a presence that is truly terrifying and even see them at times. It's difficult to get over the hump so to say, but if you can get past the fear and realize that nothing bad is going to happen to you and move on into the dream state while holding onto your consciousness, you my friend are in for a treat. A wake induced lucid dream is an incredible experience to say the least, much better than your run of the mill lucid dream because you actually enter the dream with full consciousness, which can be one heck of a trip. Oh and if you happen to go into the hypnagogic state again before you enter the dream state, it can be hard to figure out if you are dreaming or not once it happens because you usually end up starting the dream right where you fell asleep, so i would do a reality check and try something you know you can't actually do, like float up off the bed or something. don't get spooked by it and remember that it's your world and whatever you want to do is possible and have fun with it. PEACE!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2012 by LiveLeak2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2012 by LiveLeak2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis before & i hated the experience, if i feel i am going to have sleep paralysis i scream.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From my experience, stand your ground. What you were doing was An obe, and yes you will see in spite of darkness. On a couple of occasions I stood up to that which can only be described as perhaps evil and I am still here.

Before you think I am fearless, I will share an event of last spring. I was out of body again, and I may not have remembered except I came face to face with a formless monster beside my bed. It scared the bejesus out of me and I yelled and I bounced back to my body and safety. Evidently my body started thrashing in response as my wife was trying to get me back. She has done this before. I remember being part in and part out, but stuck there for a time due to panic. After the event she told me it worried her because I was not there in body for a long time.

Now for the lesson here. The next night I explained about the formless monster that frightened me while out, pointing to the wall by the bed. She looked up, smiled and pointed out a large Aztec mask glowering at me from the wall, I started laughing. Stand your ground, all things that seem evil are not.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveLeak2k

Apologies for the empty recent posts above as it was a mistake.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have had sleep paralysis before but not often. Last time i remember having my experience was back in 08, Terrible feeling at first.

edit on 1-1-2013 by LiveLeak2k because: (no reason given)

top topics

join