It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium to prosecute Church of Scientology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This project was designed to remove all negative data from public record, about the founder of Scientology, and the organisation as a whole.

"Just like the Vatican", so now the debate of differences between what comprises an organized religion VS a for profit business model gets moved to a place where there is no difference between entities?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Im so glad you bought up the vatican. The Roman Catholic Church is not a religious organisation of faith. It is an organisation based on power, not on spirituality, and not on ethics. Christianity is a religion, and Christians are religious people, but no organisation based on Roman principles can be truely Christian, no matter the beliefs of its membership.

Therefore, they fill precisely the same space as the Scientology lot in terms of thier place in the world, a power structure that exists purely to serve itself, while giving the appearance of being interested in the well being of people. Every positive action and intent they proffess is a lie, and every action they take that appears to be helpful and fair, is an obsfucation to hide a deeper evil.

This is not the case in non Catholic , non extremist protestantism, or Buddhism, or Hinduism.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by Grimpachi

Do you have any facts to back up your absurd claim?

Since you've set yourself up as Righteous Judge to decide who and what 'deserves persecution' like some kind of Nazi High Inquisitor I'm guessing you are basing these statements on your personal feelings and speculation alone.

I hope people can see this as an example of how sad the double standards on this board have become. If I posted "Jews deserve nothing but ridicule and persecution" there would no doubt be screams of bloody murder and maybe even a ban hammer. I hope there are at least some left with enough intelligence to recognize and reject these kinds of double standards.

I have no affiliation to Scientology but the amount of persecution they have to put up with constantly from people like this is just sad.
edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

It's not a religion, it's a scam organization made to take money from its followers. This has been proven without a doubt, if you don't care to do your research on it I don't know why you're bothering to defend them.

The following poster already rebuffed, but this bears repeating...

This can - and should - be said about EVERY religion.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hope they ban them actually.

Did anyone ever see that interview with Tom Cruise and Barbara Walters where she mentions his rank in Scientology and he laughs like a lunatic?

It was seriously creepy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HerbalJunkie

Tom Cruise IS seriously creepy. I can't even watch his old movies anymore. Either he was off his rocker before finding Scientology - or Scientology made him even more crazy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

The Catholic Church is not "run" by pedos, they just don't prosecute them the way they should. It should be treated in a similar manner as heresy, like they declared Origen an anathema for teaching reincarnation. Unfortunately they ran the wrong guys out. Origen was quite brilliant in his understanding and teaching of 'pre-existence of the soul". Pedophiles in the Church should be prosecuted the same way as those not in the Church, that way they won't flock to the Church in order to do what they do and be protected.

Scientology does have some interesting points. They try to go around Big Pharma and the Psychiatric practices using metaphysical tools, but they are secular and so they completely miss the true healing of spirit and turn it into a more materialistic practice riddled with mind control which does not exalt the Spirit of the Most High. They have some creepy ideas about aliens.
I myself was ambushed by a scientologist who used a lot of trickery, manipulation, gossipmongering,triangulation, and outright black magic. For instance, she used a very personal situation of mine against me, and made pronouncements on me, and within I'd say an hour of her outburst, I was literally sick with a bad cold, one of the worst I ever had.
I would never again trust anyone from that organization.

edit on 29-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Agreed. To those people that keep saying all religions have some sort of corruption in them. True, to a point.

But to play Devil's Advocate you could also say that about any organization, group or community. There is corruption and evil everywhere - but it doesn't necessarily mean that for example, all Catholics are evil or pedos. It simply means that a few Catholic priests were caught doing some not so nice things. Just like everything else in the world. Not all lawyers, cops, or priests are corrupt. The correct statement to make would be, "There are individuals in each religion or organization who are corrupt." Hope that makes sense.

Cult practices are a little bit different however. It's all brainwashing.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The specifics about scientology however separate it from all other religions. Im serious about that. I dont use terms like all, or always, or ever single.. But in this case, its accurate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well Europe is world renowned for oppressing free speech and freedom of religion. You cant even deny the alleged "Holocaust" in some countries without going to jail. But thats not the topic.

I absolutley abhor Scientology. I had to go ham on one of their places in Ybor City before I knew what it was once. Went in, they started talking about past lives and rebirth, so I listened while my then new girlfriend at the time was waiting for me outside. After being amused by the little sideshow with that electrometer thing that they clearly obviously manipulate based on your response, I agreed to go ahead and watch the video. I went to a room by myself. It was not very short and decided I need to go see if my girl is alright. Its Guavaween in Ybor City and shes new to town, I dont want her falling prey to the drunks.

The man insisted I finish watching. I told him now I need to make sure my chick is alright. He tries to kindly explain some crap that I did not care to listen to so I shoved him up against the wall and told him to # off, then threw him to the floor. Got out, and a couple of the men musta heard something cuz they tried to come around me. I grabbed a chain and started swinging it, asking who wanted to test the sturdiness of this thing cuz the night was still young and I was in Ybor. There were probably a dozen other assaults that night police would be chasing ghosts anyways.

I got out, and yelled to people on the streets in front of their to stay out of that place they will try and hold you against your will.

Scientology is definetly quacky man. And even with that incident, (I do like to stir up a good brawl though, too bad they didnt bite) I still support their right to practice their stupidity. Thats what makes America, America. Individuals can bring up lawsuits against individuals in the group if they feel crimes have been committed. But they do not initially hold you hostage or force you upon them. If you dont like what you hear, just get up and go like I did. I just enjoy violence so I took it farther than it really needed to go. But in reality, nobody there would have actually physicaly held me there or threatened my first born. They just would not shutup.

It does sound strikingly similar to a cult, however until the FBI or whatever agency in charge of monitoring and prosecuting cults deems it so, it is a practicing religion in the United States of America (per the IRS) with rights gauranteed by the first amendmant, and I will respect their rights to preach their choir.

I will also violently defend myself against this crazy religion in the future if any of them do not shutup in my presence.

America is GREAT!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No, do you know what really grinds my gears about $cientology? The fact they took over the Cult Awarness Network:

The Cult Awareness Network (CAN) was an organization that provided information on groups that it considered to be cults, as well as support and referrals to exit counselors and deprogrammers.[1][2]. It was founded in the wake of the November 18, 1978 deaths of members of the group Peoples Temple and assassination of Congressman Leo J. Ryan in Jonestown, Guyana, and was shut down in 1996, though its name and assets were bought and used by the Scientology organization in a hostile takeover[3], who used the name as the title of the unrelated organization, New Cult Awareness Network. CAN and its representatives were known for being highly critical of Scientology, Landmark Education, and other groups and new religious movements, referring to some of these groups as "destructive cults."

Sauce

The 'New Cult Awareness Network' (NCAN, often referred to as simply the 'Cult Awareness Network', though other than inheriting the name, it is unrelated to that older group) is an organization that provides information about cults, and is owned and operated by associates of the Church of Scientology. It was formed in 1996, with the name purchased from the now defunct Cult Awareness Network, an organization that provided information on groups considered to be cults, strongly opposed Scientology. The "New CAN" organization (also known as the Foundation for Religious Freedom) has caused both confusion and controversy among academics and its opponents. Board members of the "Old CAN" have characterized it as a front group for the Church of Scientology. In December 1997, 60 Minutes profiled the controversy regarding the history of the "Old CAN" and the "New CAN", with host Lesley Stahl noting: "Now, when you call looking for information about a cult, chances are the person you're talking to is a Scientologist." James R. Lewis has described "New CAN" as "a genuine information and networking center on non-traditional religions". Margaret Thaler Singer expressed the opinion that any experts the public would be referred to by the "New CAN" would be cult apologists. Shupe and Darnell noted that the "New CAN" had been able to attract support from donors such as Amazon.com, and that by 2000 it was receiving thousands of phone calls per month and had made hundreds of expert referrals. The "New CAN" promotes itself as a champion of human rights and freedom of religion. An August 2007 article on Fox News on the Wikipedia Scanner noted that "a computer linked to the Church of Scientology's network was used to delete references to links between it and [...] the 'Cult Awareness Network'" on Wikipedia.

Sauce

It just makes me sick to think that now when you call them to help, you could be talking to a Scientologist.

Worse enough to have been in a place where you are brainwashed, then you're handed off to these clowns?

I guess this gives new thought to the saying "out of the frying pan and into the fire"?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Scientologists should retaliate by exposing the paedophiles in the Belgium establishments.

I am not a Scientologist, I think they are dangerous but they can do good by exposing the murderous paedophiles in the Belgium elite and police.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoorKnobEddie
The Scientologists should retaliate by exposing the paedophiles in the Belgium establishments.

I am not a Scientologist, I think they are dangerous but they can do good by exposing the murderous paedophiles in the Belgium elite and police.

They already have been exposed. However, the government doesn't seem to care much. They just freed a major murderer and child abuser and are planning to do it again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join