It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium to prosecute Church of Scientology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Didn't read your post until after I posted mine. Rest assured I laughed out loud...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

You clearly did not read anything I posted.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Scientology, ran by thugs and glamorised by brain dead celebrities.A very dangerous cult that preys on the feeble minded.Be very careful they will take everything you have. Its about time they got what is coming to them.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
ok, you got me there, jews aren't a race. however - surely you can't ignore the fact that scientology is actually quite a lot more sinister then other general religions that have churches all over the world.

I dont think ALL religions are built on deception - i'm thinking buddhism. And quite a few people just genuinely believe in a creator of the universe and try to help others with the ideas they've learnt from scripture. Are you seriously trying to equate the demon that is scientology (which doesn't actually talk about god as far as i know, it just talks about aliens) to the average church who believe in god and believe they are a good, and can help people without taking their money (despite possible ignorance that comes with the indoctrination). i know some churches require money - and they are usually very cultish.

and your example of saying the earth is 6000 year old is very specific to a small percentage of religious people! most religious people wouldn't even think about that kind of thing in my opinion. most people are shallow when it comes to their belief, it's just there to comfort them.

there's no such thing as immunity from criticism, so i dont think this is a valid point. this is about scientology alone. but it's also important to actually realise the evil practices of scientology as opposed to the average church, the secrecy around it to ensure their control is more absolute on the individual.

i think you're exposing your own double standards by trying to claim scientology is the same as most religions that have been in existence for a long time and all have beliefs around creation of the universe, not aliens.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
For those who don't speak Dutch, there's a French article:

www.rtbf.be...

La branche belge de la secte américaine et deux de ses hauts cadres sont aussi accusés d'escroquerie, de pratique illégale de la médecine, d'infractions diverses à la loi sur la protection de la vie privée et d'extorsion.

They were accused of fraud, illegal practice of medicine, violation of privacy and extortion. Those are real crimes and they aren't discriminating against the religion itself.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

i dont care about freemasonry at all, and i have barely any information on it. seems you're expressing your own frustration at being ridiculed by identifying with scientology.. i would suggest not putting yourself anywhere near the same category as scientology

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by SilentKoala

LOL??!! Are you seriously trying to defend Scientology on the internet?? Do you have any idea.....

Evil cults can all burn and die. Anyone dumb enough to believe that its actually a force for good has been mislead by other members. The elite of Scientology are evil people with negative agendas.

Plus I get the feeling Scientology was set up by Freemasons who were rejected by the others haha..... Its funny because there's more truth to that statement than one would expect.

let me guess.. you're 19 yrs old.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
There may well be 'something wrong with it', but at the end of the day it's no different to any other religion, they're all as bad as one another.

My old mum is Christian. She goes to church once a week and prays before bed. She's Scottish but we can't hold that against her.

She does nothing wrong, her church does nothing wrong, and all in all it gets them peace.

Scientology destroys families and lives.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Ramcheck

There may well be 'something wrong with it', but at the end of the day it's no different to any other religion, they're all as bad as one another.

Bull. You can attend just about any church, talk with the preacher/pastor/whatever without forking over a dollar. Scientology requires money.

I'm not religious, but am growing so tired of the annoying atheist trend. I get that kids think they're edgy for eschewing their parents religion. I get it. You're super smart.

There are a TON of people that have religion and don't hate/judge or condemn. If that is their crutch I say more power to them. I know some folks that are very religious, and some that are very against religion. We had a nice dinner on the 25th.

My own brother got sucked in...he's in it now and he's currently at my house for the hollidays. I can tell you all this much, he is bragging that he bought a Tshirt for 1400$(donation my %ss). I can confirm that he IS definitely brainwashed to a point that he gave everyone in the family a DVD and the book mentionned earlier (Dianetics) for Xmas saying this is not to solicit anyone but to inform you about the "church"....lets just say the party ended 15 minutes later....

Whatever subject I bring to the table, he turns to scientology...it gets pretty anoying. His whole inlaw family is into this and they bring flyers and books EVERYWHERE they go to give to people....he wanted to give one to my 10 yo daughter and then I stepped in and told him. "I respect your choices and beliefs but please do not even try to bring that into my family!"

Would you believe that for the past year since he joined tehm, he HAS TO go to the church for classes every single day for over 4 hours.....except Sundays, day off I guess. That " religion" is a full time job all by itself.

I have nothing against people's beliefs but when they try to force it onto you repetitively, I switch off and can get pretty arrogant. Hell even Jehovah Witnesses stop knoking if you ask them nicely, Scientology, they keep insisting.....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, I know a little about COS. Back in 2001, I temped for an attorney that was doing work on the Lisa McPherson case(she was the one who was held captive and died). I read the court transcripts. They lay out scientology's belief structure. COS is disgusting and wrong. I've also worked, as an actor, for a very high-profile member who left COS, and I know what they put him and his wife through. Remember that Hubbard was a member of OTO(luciferian) before creating COS. After being in Hollywood for the last 18 years, and having to deal with these scumbags, my conclusion is this:

COS is nothing more than a luciferian cult, masquerading as a "church", and hiding it in the most effective way.

By operating in plain sight.
edit on 28-12-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

he wanted to give one to my 10 yo daughter and then I stepped in and told him. "I respect your choices and beliefs but please do not even try to bring that into my family!"

I admire the way you handled that. I don't have kids (stop celebrating ATS) so when I read that I wanted to take a swing. I think it's disgusting when adults try to indoctrinate children, especially when they didn't have to deal with plopping them out. Ladies, I'm single.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

i don't recall the catholic church stopping me from talking to my non-catholic friends. or harassing me for money. or stalking me. these things happen in scientology

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Scientology and Christianity are pretty much the same thing. They re both fairy-tales. I always laugh when I see Christians laugh at the fools of Scientology. Fools laughing at fools. Bland leading blind.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If I remember correctly good old L.Ron's book sales weren't doing so good and he was constantly broke,when he allegedly made the statement

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.

www.sweenytod.com...

and that's exactly what he did. Whether he actually made the statement above is unproven but has certainly been attributed to him for the last 50yrs from various sources who knew him. I also recall that there was a huge falling out with his son Quentin over this, as his son didn't want to continue with the deception and felt that his father was insane, a ironic viewpoint considering L.Ron's stance on mental illness. I agree it's a science fiction cult. Australia in fact revoked the cults status as a Church just a shame elsewhere didn't do the same.

Quite how anyone let alone supposedly intelligent people could take this seriously enough to run their lives by it is beyond me. His whole life story was a made up fantasy!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The only good book Hubbard came out with was Battlefield Earth. The movies totally sucked! If you are into sci-fi, that is a book worth reading.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by WorShip
if you discriminate against jews, that's racist.

Wrong, Biologically speaking, there is no such thing as an ethnic Jew. The only thing that actually exists is the religion. Even still, if someone went on exposing their religion for all its deceptions, pointed out all the reasons why Hannakuh (or however you spell it) is a scam, a lot of people would whine.

if you discriminate against an organisation built upon deception from the get go (to mimic religion) i think it's ok.

Aren't all religions built on deceptions? Or is saying the earth is 6000 years old when such a statement has been proven false okay by your standard of deception?

does this mean you should go easy on scientology? no, and not on any other type of organisation that uses similar tactics.

But there are other religions that demand immunity from criticism, as I pointed out.

im actually kind of confused how any rational being could even begin to defend scientology.

I'm not defending scientology or its teachings. I am exposing double standards.

There's quite a difference between a religion and a cult. You don't seem to have that figured out.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

A cult is just a religion you disagree with. All religions/cults espouse beliefs about the origins of the universe and the soul, all demand you live according to a certain lifestyle, all demand you belong only to them and no other religion/cult, and all demand money.

It's just as valid to say churches "ruin families" by demanding 10% of the family's income, money that should be spent on the children's well-being.

I don't consider Buddhism to be a religion, because it doesn't do any of these things.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by bl4ke360
It's not a religion, it's a scam organization made to take money from its followers.

That can be said about any religion. I can say the same thing about Christianity and I would be telling the truth. They guilt their sheeple into giving them cash every weekend while their pastors relax with six-figure incomes or more. Many would say I'm being "insensitive" for pointing that out...

How about catholicism? Another multi-trillion dollar commercial industy, run by pedos and geocentrists. But I bet the catholics would be pretty upset if I point that out.

And let's not forget Muzzies, the source of 99% of all terrorism, founded by a prophet who was a pedophile. But if you dare draw his picture, there is blood and rioting in the streets.

There is no logical reason whatsoever to have a different standard for bashing Scientology than for bashing any other religion. Cause in the end, they are all scams, but people still have the right to whatever religion they choose without fear of persecution.
edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

Apples and oranges. hubbard stated the real money was in religion.... and lo and behold he made a "religion".

If you actually take the time to study christianity, which you won't and haven't. All those catholics that you claim that exploit and manipulate people for profit do not follow the teachings of christianity. their actions are not the truth of christianty so you are wrong.

One is misused.... the other was explicitly made for one purpose and that was to scam people.

You are attempting to lump scientology in with christianity becasue you have an axe to grind against religion.

Those people who are exploited and manipulated are stupid and those are the same people exploited by scientology, governments, religion and any other misused ideals you can come up with.

I am pretty sure any belief you may have can be used to manipulate and scam people. some are just more obvious... and scientology is one of them and it is a perfect way to scam because it can be protected under the umbrella of religion when in reality it is not one. And you fall for it pretty easily mainly because again you have a problem with religion.

Athiesm can be used in the same manner, belief in mother nature and saving the planet can be used in the same manner as well. are those things scams and evil too??? Or are they exploited by people.

if you really want to rag on something rag on this

>Humans fallen nature<

that is the reason why everything is twisted in order for exploitation and manipulation.

I will repeat.. if you study christianity it is not about donating money for indulgences, it is not about giving money to get some back, it is not about world conquest and spreading religion by the sword, it is not about Celibacy, it is not about being a pedo. I can even get into how screwed up the doctrine and dogma is in roman catholicism and I won't even get into non denominational churches.

your comments are just based on your hate for it but you are not objective and have a double standard yourself.

there many ideals that suffer of the same thing that are not related to christianity that end up doing the same thing.

if you are truly honest you can conclude everything is scam because it is misused by man. you can bounce back that everything is made by man... which is a long argument and opens up another can of worms..

The only thing is that scientology is a scam. the founder said the money was in religion and then he makes one.. HOW IS THAT NOT A RELIGION BASED ON A SCAM. NOT A SCAM BASED ON A RELIGION. .

Two different things bucko and hubbard is exploiting exactly how it would be viewed by people with an axe to grind against religion and eager to cal double standard.

I hope this prosecution fails. As it would allow people who actually believe scientolgy to be a religion to attack other religions and it would more than likely be christianity since it is cool to bash on it now a days.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Plus I get the feeling Scientology was set up by Freemasons who were rejected by the others haha..... Its funny because there's more truth to that statement than one would expect.

Which proves you don't know anymore about either of them than does anybody else. L. Ron Hubbard developed methods for conscious OBE and Astral Projection. Later he went on to work with Ingo Swann in Remote Viewing. Same with Freemasonry, and their Third Eye. But nooooo, we must be kept from this at all times, because of the evilness...

You guys just don't realize that TPTB can and have corrupted anything and everything; even Scientology.

I guarantee you there is a difference in the experiences of original members, and members now.

Whether he actually made the statement above is unproven in regards to creating a religion.

Yeah, we know it is...Just like a lot of hoax information that has circulated about Reiki, Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, and so forth.

Most of these people haven't read a legitimate book in either, and would much rather look up "Freemasonry is evil", etc.
edit on 28-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Scientology is the ULTIMATE pyramid scheme......
there is no other like it.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join