It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Phone Call

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Nods. Keep track of this incident, note date and time the call happened. That way if it happens again you have a record for the police. Because she made a threat, they will take it seriously (well, some officers do). If she calls again, then yes make sure you contact the police and report it. She may very well be mentally ill and perhaps had an altercation with your husband. Something that seems slight to your husband, could appear as something life changing or significant to someone who has a mental illness. Keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, he checked with everyone at work and they all swear it wasn't them.

If it wasn't guys he works with, I really don't know who else would prank call us.

Guess we will forget about it unless she calls back. I'll update if she does.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Mystery solved! It was my brother's new girlfriend's friend that called as a joke. They waited until tonight to tell us.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Ugh. Not funny at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now you owe them one,
Might I suggest an old school ticking alarm clock sealed in a package on their front porch and well timed call to the bomb squad? Wait NO, No, NO really bad idea. I guess I had too many beers at dinner (LOL).
Maybe you could silly string their front door.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Mystery solved! It was my brother's new girlfriend's friend that called as a joke. They waited until tonight to tell us.

How old is she...15....

Des

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh My Goodness, I would freak out. I was going through reading replies and thinking the worst. Thank Goodness it was a joke.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well my brother is in his 40's and I think the friend is 30's. They didn't know we took it so serious.
We need to get them back but I don't have any ideas. I'm bad at practical jokes but we are going there for New Year's.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Since the nature of this joke was pretty serious, here is my advice. He's going to expect payback. Since he's a prankster after all. The best torture, is to keep him waiting. Make him think you are plotting payback without doing anything at all. It's like that episode of Family Guy where Stewie says Brian can have just one punch as payback. By the end of the episode, Stewie had wet his pants and was begging for forgiveness every time Brian raised his hand.

You can tell I had three older siblings growing up. My brother just used violence to show his frustration - my sisters were more about the mental torment.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

I was basically raised as an only child. My brother is a lot older than me so he didn't pick on me a lot. But my husband and him have been best friends for 15 years. I don't know where to start!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

he wants a reaction. Don't give him one!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well my brother is in his 40's and I think the friend is 30's. They didn't know we took it so serious.
We need to get them back but I don't have any ideas. I'm bad at practical jokes but we are going there for New Year's.

Tell them you thought it was so damn funny...you filed a police report. That should let them know what you think of their prank. Tell them you now have to call the police back and let them know it was a prank by a family member. Tell them the police said they were going to do a phone trace on the call, they may be getting a call, and bill from the investigative team.

That should be prank enough back at them....let them wonder if the next call, or knock on the door is the cops. Don't ever tell them that was your prank back...

That should give them a thing or two to think about.

Des
edit on 28-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Have him report the entire thing to the police. As close to word-for-word as he can manage. If it was a prank, no big deal. If it was some psycho stalker, then you need a record of everything. Contact your cell phone company, too, and see if they have any way to trace the call. If it's a threatening call, there might be a way. It had to connect somehow. Have the police ask them, if it comes to that. The cop friend should be able to help.

Meanwhile, take a look at everyone you know. If the number isn't posted someplace, it almost has to be someone that you gave it to. Don't mention this to ANY other friends, and tell him to listen to every female you know talking, to see if the voice is familiar. Also, if he can record calls on his cell, have him do that, too. If nothing else, place it on speaker, and use a voice recorder or something.

I really hope it was just some prank, but there are a lot of stalker types out there. It doesn't even have to be someone that he, or you, actually wronged, either. Some of those types invent things in their heads. Since she made threats about needing money, I would suggest watching your accounts, just in case, for anything odd. Maybe set up a camera outside, too, aimed at the car, in case she actually does try something. OH.....have him check the lugs, every time he goes out. When we had some dealer types in our neighborhood, that didn't seem to like us spending time out on our front porch, because, well, we could see people coming and going, the lugs on my husband's car were loosened. Thankfully, the wheel came off as he was turning onto our street, and not on the highway. The point is, that is something you would not see right away, that could work loose later.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by tport17

That is weird, it would spook me too. Did you try to star-69 the call? Or, do you have the number in caller ID. Google that number if you have it.

Des

It was on a cell phone and it came up unknown caller with no number. Can you *69 on a cell?

Yes, you can, but it won't work if the number shows as unknown or private. Only recourse there is to have the phone company trace it. Inform them of the issue, and they should be able to take steps. be pushy if need be.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

That is seriously messed up! Well, at least it wasn't some nut.

I would let them think you are planning something, and do nothing, at least for awhile. Plan, come up with something good, and let them sweat. Then, when they think it's all over, act. Be careful not to do anything illegal, though.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Not to take away from the OP's incident... but I had something happen at work yesterday with my cell phone.

I keep the cell phone in my purse and the purse sits under my desk. My phone has a lock on it so that the buttons don't accidentally get pressed causing a phone call or whatever to go through if a button gets pressed unbeknownst to me.

So here is what happened: My sis calls me at my desk to ask if I had just called her and i hear an echo like we are speaking over the intercom. So I tell her no I didn't just call her...thinking she is asking if I called her desk with my work desk phone. She then explains to me she is holding her cell phone right now and it shows me calling her.

I reach under my desk and pull out the cell phone and sure enough there it is calling her ?

What ? How the Heck ?

It is upsetting to me.. I feel like someone is pranking us. I don't give out my cell to many people.

So I think someone was using my cell number to either 1) Use my number to call her 2) Using a computer to use my cell number to call her ?

I did a little bit of a search online to see if someone could do this and it appears this can be done.

The question is who did it and Why ? As the poster went through... you felt it might be a prank and luckily you found our who your pranker was. After all that is what makes it a prank right? But when someone does this type of thing and no one ever owns up to it... yeah it leaves you feeling creeped out and asking Why ? What is the purpose ?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Sounds strange, but it can happen. The button lock can be disabled, if one is pressed and held long enough. You could have bumped the purse, and not realized it, causing that to happen. I know on my son's phone, there is an external button that calls the last number if pressed, too. Some do that. Non-flip phones, even easier, if the button lock becomes disabled. Since you saw your specific phone calling her, i would guess that is what happened.

Also, an older one we had.....well, it broke, in half. The screen disconnected from the main part, and the phone had to be replaced. While it was broken, it somehow kept calling my phone, even when sitting on a table untouched. So, it's also possible some weird glitch in your phone caused this.

I have had my brother-in-law pocket dial me more than once.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I hope you are right on this. I guess I am jumping to conclusions thinking this is something sinister when it is probably as innocent as you suggest.

I just have this feeling of worrying that there is something more to it. I shall keep my eyes open but play this down to what you suggest above unless something else happens.

leolady

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Nothing wrong with wondering! it's possible there is more to it, and your instincts are trying to warn you. Best thing I can suggest is to test your phone. See if you can place it in the purse, as you had it then, and see if you can push on the purse and get a similar result. Be sure the last number called is a family member or friend that can understand the test. If you can duplicate the incident, problem probably solved. If not, well, I would wonder, too!

Do you have any other issues with your phone? A battery draining too quickly can be a sign of some sort of hacking, as can a phone that seems warm when you haven't been using it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I hope you are right on this. I guess I am jumping to conclusions thinking this is something sinister when it is probably as innocent as you suggest.

I just have this feeling of worrying that there is something more to it. I shall keep my eyes open but play this down to what you suggest above unless something else happens.

leolady

Maybe you came to the past from the future, provided you keep the same number and phone far into the future, and were calling your sister to warn her of something and because of the same number phone in the same timeline in two places, it still registered on your phone as calling to her. Now we will never know because the wrong "you" connected, and the warning didn't go through. Hey, it's possible especially with paradoxes, if there is an auto correct so paradoxes (or changing history) cannot happen this would be why the "You" from now are the only one to have connected with her. I am liking this theory.

edit on 29-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: darnit spelling ugh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join