It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Phone Call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Almost two hours ago, around 9:30pm my time, my husband got a weird phone call on his cell phone.

He was sleeping on the couch and I was watching Netflix when his phone rang. It was an unknown caller but he is on-call 24/7 so he woke up and answered it half asleep.

I could hear bits and pieces of the conversation but not everything.

He said it basically went like this:

Husband: Hello

Woman: You're going to have a hard time paying for your car.

Husband: Why would I need money for my car? I think you have the wrong number.

Woman: Oh no I don't

Husband: I think you do, I don't need money for my car.

Woman: Is this "my husband's first/last name"?

Husband: Yeah...

Woman: Then this is the right phone number. You took my life. Now I am going to smash in your car windows. I'm outside right now.

At this point he just hung up he says out of anger but I think it really scared him.

The call came from a middle aged woman. We have run through every scenario we can think of. We don't know many people and even less have our cell phone numbers. He thought maybe one of his buddies was joking but they would have called right back to laugh about it. We made sure his number isn't on his Facebook or Craigslist. We Googled his name and his number doesn't come up on anything. We considered a random prank but from a middle aged woman who knew his name and number? The only thing we can think is the woman was looking for a different person with that name but we still aren't sure how she got the number.

We were afraid to go out and check our car. Unfortunately, with all the random shootings, that was our first thought. My husband did eventually go out. No one in sight and the vehicles were fine.

My husband is jumping at every little noise and he finally went downstairs to sleep on the couch near the front door. He is playing it off, but he doesn't scare easily. I can tell he is pretty spooked. He texted a cop friend of ours but nothing has come of it so far.

I don't know why I am posting this other than it was just so flipping weird. You took my life?
Also curious if there is any way to trace an unknown caller?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You need to stop watching "The Ring"

While I was watching that movie, my phone rang the exact time in the movie, but it was nothing but dead air space. It creeped me out.

I wouldn't worry about it. Not unless you hear smashing windows outside.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

That is weird, it would spook me too. Did you try to star-69 the call? Or, do you have the number in caller ID. Google that number if you have it.

Des

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

try getting on to your phone company and let them know what happened and they should be able to trace where the call came from for the police to investigate, i do hope you and your husband are ok.
i hate prank calls i used to get them all the time but hey dont worry you will be fine.......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by tport17

That is weird, it would spook me too. Did you try to star-69 the call? Or, do you have the number in caller ID. Google that number if you have it.

Des

It was on a cell phone and it came up unknown caller with no number. Can you *69 on a cell?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by tport17

try getting on to your phone company and let them know what happened and they should be able to trace where the call came from for the police to investigate, i do hope you and your husband are ok.
i hate prank calls i used to get them all the time but hey dont worry you will be fine.......

I tried to google how to find an unknown caller and that was all I could find for an answer. Whatever I read said you needed a police order for the phone company to give any information. Not sure what my husband is wanting to do about it police-wise yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I googled it for you. Nope, you can't star-69 on a cell phone
You can report it to your service provider, they will investigate it for you...so they say.

But restricted caller means they had to block their number before calling you...or a private unlisted number in some cases.

Des

edit on 27-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Phone companies generally won't disclose the identity of the person who called you (I worked for a phone company in Australia for around 4-5 years).
What you can do however, is call the police. The police have the power to get your phone company to release the information to them and look into the matter further.
Even if it was a prank call, I'd still get the police involved. If they find out it's one of your friends playing a prank, you can always choose not to press charges against them. Plus it will teach them a worthwhile lesson!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

he is on-call 24/7

Is he repo man?

or does he have a job where he makes decisions concerning people's life or personal property?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Your husband probably knows more than he is letting on.

Classic Act II reveal

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by tport17

I googled it for you. Nope, you can't star-69 on a cell phone
You can report it to your service provider, they will investigate it for you...so they say.

But restricted caller means they had to block their number before calling you...or a private unlisted number in some cases.

Des

edit on 27-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Thank you for checking, I didn't think you could but I couldn't remember.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I'm going to say something out of the blue here. The woman said *you took my life*. Sometimes that is what a jilted woman will say to an EX. Could it have been someone way from your Husbands past. It sounds like, from what you siad, she wasn't sure she had the right person to begin with. As in, she did ask if if the name of the person she was calling, matched his name. May be some deranged off their rocker person from his past.

Maybe she was calling everyone with his name she could find.....

Des

edit on 28-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by tport17

he is on-call 24/7

Is he repo man?

or does he have a job where he makes decisions concerning people's life or personal property?

No he works for the transportation department. He is on call for snow and car wrecks and stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
3D Towing Transport and Recovery?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What does your husband do for a living?

never mind already asked and answered
probably a prank call
edit on 28-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Very odd. Either your husband is hiding something or this was a random call. Either way - I probably would have been spooked enough to call the police. Or at the very least call my partner and let him know what happened. Hope you find answers soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'd chalk this up to a prank call or someone who had a wrong number. If it makes you feel better and you have the money, you could install a security camera where he parks his car or truck to record anyone who messes with his vehicle. That way if someone does do something, you will have video evidence to give to the police and prosecute them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by tport17

I'm going to say something out of the blue here. The woman said *you took my life*. Sometimes that is what a jilted woman will say to an EX. Could it have been someone way from your Husbands past. It sounds like, from what you siad, she wasn't sure she had the right person to begin with. As in, she did ask if if the name of the person she was calling, matched his name. May be some deranged off their rocker person from his past.

Maybe she was calling everyone with his name she could find.....

Des

edit on 28-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

That was one of the first things I considered.

I could hear her talking on the phone and at first I assumed she was a debt collector. She sounded like she was just conducting business until the end of the call. She got really quiet and I could barely hear anything. Then he hung up and told me what she said. She was definitely late 40's or so. He genuinely didn't seem to know who she was. He is barely 30.

I have known my husband since I was 14. I know everyone he has ever dated. Though none of that stopped me for thinking it for a minute, I really don't think this is the case.

I want to beat him for not staying on the phone and trying to find out who she was or SOMETHING. He was barely awake, though.
edit on 28-12-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

You took my life. Now I am going to smash in your car windows. I'm outside right now.

So, does your husband have a wrecker he drives with the number on the side? Does he tow peoples cars for the police impound? That could explain the, "You took my life". Some peoples lives depend on their car.

That could be why they threatened to break windows. Then again, why call and say, I'm outside gonna do it?

They would just do it and let you find it in the morning.

Unless the calls continue, I think you can relax.

You could also see if anyone called his work asking about him...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by tport17

You took my life. Now I am going to smash in your car windows. I'm outside right now.

So, does your husband have a wrecker he drives with the number on the side? Does he tow peoples cars for the police impound? That could explain the, "You took my life". Some peoples lives depend on their car.

That could be why they threatened to break windows. Then again, why call and say, I'm outside gonna do it?

They would just do it and let you find it in the morning.

Unless the calls continue, I think you can relax.

You could also see if anyone called his work asking about him...

He doesn't have a wrecker or drive any kind of work vehicle. He doesn't tow cars. Like I said, he works for the state transportation department. He is on call in case of snow, which was supposed to happen tonight. He is also on call in case there is a wreck on a major highway. DOT just gets to the area, closes lanes if needed, sets up cones and reflectors, and directs traffic.

He is going to talk to the guys he works with tomorrow and see what they all have to say.

We wondered if maybe she meant to call another person with my husband's name and was off busting windows at some other guy's house.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join