Go Outside...and Look up...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Cool looking double halo with the moon tonight.

Oh the serenity...

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I heard next Friday we're suppose to see some nice looking snow.

Guess will see.

Anyways enjoy. And no, I'm too lazy to take any pictures. Besides, I don't think my camera can get both halos in one shot. It's huge.

I forgot, what's the halo's mean again?

edit on 27-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Could be a moon ring (aka halos) caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere
looks very neat!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Qubert

I love your name...

I used to play Qubert on the Atari..

Brings back memories.

Those were the days...
edit on 27-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My husband saw me putting on my robe and slippers and asked me where i was going. I told him I was doing what the person on ATS told me to do. I was going outside and looking up
It's freezing here in Denver and you're right, the moon is beautiful tonight.. My poor dog is still out there looking up trying to figure out what I was looking at.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lokin

Watch, now he'll probably say, "If someone on ATS told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?"

Buhaha..

Too funny.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Moon halos are a local phenomenon so most of us won't be able to see what you are seeing right now. Lucky.
edit on 27-12-2012 by dainoyfb because: of typo.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I went out and looked up.
A faint glow of the moon obscured by the clouds.

You could be seeing a moon halo or some other weather phenomenon .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It's a moon halo..

A two in one.

Both Halos are huge though.

Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

two halos means two dimensions are passing through this world and we shall be in touch with our pure evil and pure good, pleasure and pain indivisible with the suicide of a villaige priest by hanging, infernal night where the moon rises in in fire and pain, causing the creatures of the night to harvest the living only to architect the most foul inconcievable doom. yes tonight is the holocaust of the dead. the moon shall shake the earth with laughter as fire vomits from its mouthlike crater to embrace the earth to carbonize the unchosen. heee heee heee hoo hooo mwahahahahahahaha. keep repeating to yourself it's the ice in the air

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
omg i went outside and saw nothing i guess because im not in the centre of the earth bucksluckfoo united states of whatever

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by kdog1982

It's a moon halo..

A two in one.

Both Halos are huge though.

Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

Like bird watching, Some people take pride in identifying the specific moon halos that are visible. Because of the optics involved and the type of ice crystals in the air at the time, halos appear at specific diameters out from the moon and rarely there are multiple halos like you've mentioned tonight. For instances, you might be seeing the common 22 degree halo and one of the less common halos such as the 9 degree halo. You should take a pic for us if you can.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Go Outside...and Look up...

Was just outside a few minutes ago.
Its the middle of the day.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm so NOT going outside. I read your OP and all my brain registered was:

Halo.... Serenity....Friday

Halo is a game, Serenity is one of the best movies ever, and Friday is.... well I'd have to get up and check my phone screen or click on the computer calender to even know when Friday is.

Outside... the worlds gone mad... people wanting me to go out there. You know what's out there. right? The other people!

Nuh-uh. No dice. Way too risky.

Now I gotta go watch Firefly.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

ROFL

Oh, you are just bad..

Okay, let me get off my lazy behind and try to take picture for you guys. I don't think I'll be able to get the whole thing in one photo.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

you should watch city of the living dead

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's too dark to even get it on my phone. The Halo isn't showing up.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I didn't see a halo but I did get a picture of this while I was out there. Thanks a lot for that little moment Manhater.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
edit on 28-12-2012 by cass1dy09 because: nvm

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I went out about 1am to get the garbage can up from the road and I saw the halos here in N.Carolina too. I had to go inside and get a coat for Robin and asked her to come see it. Your are right , it was huge and so beautiful. I almost didn't see the second halo at first because it was so far out away from the first one and the first one was about the brightest one I have ever seen and big. The outer halo was the biggest one I have seen and I have been looking at the sky since I was a kid. Cool that someone besides us saw it. Too bad we don't have a camera that would pick it up. Was hoping someone on here would snap a pic.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by savagediver

Yeah, I don't have a really good camera to pick it up, plus it's way too big to get it all in one shot.

Cool that you were able to view it as well.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join